hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Boyle

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes there was as I deliberately watched and said to my son there are loads clapping Boyle off. I don’t want to stick up for them in any way but there was.
    Same ones that were singing about him dying a minute before

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    Very probably and maybe because their keeper was trying to get them to applaud but they definitely were, eventually.

@hibs.net private member Stuarty1875's Avatar
    Wishing MB a speedy recovery

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    You could tell it was bad right away.

Fair play to Jack Butland as well. He went to check on Soutter initially but immediately began signalling to the bench that MB needed physios quickly, was more decisive than the idiot with the whistle anyway.

Hoping it's just precautionary and he's being monitored because he was unconscious.
    And this should be Hibs starting point regarding the refereeing tonight, while players shouted for doctors and physios to come on to the pitch as everyone bar one person could see Boyle was out cold and motionless lying on the pitch the one person (referee) waved play on, f***ing disgraceful, what was going through his mind, “it’s Boyle and he will be cheating as usual “ Hibs need to call out the referee and his officials for the way this game went, something dodgy was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    Hope he's ok.

By far the most significant event of the evening

Get well soon Martin.
    I agree. Of all of the poor refereeing decisions that took place, this was by far the most serious. I seem to recall something similar happening in another game this season, not involving us, but the ref failing to react to a serious head knock and it was the physios running onto the pitch to attend to the player that forced play to be stopped. Can't remember the game, just remember there was some criticism of the ref for not reacting properly.

Good to hear that Martin is OK, though as others have said, when his condition is described as stable, it does suggest it was a pretty serious injury and he's not going to be back quickly.

Yes there was as I deliberately watched and said to my son there are loads clapping Boyle off. I don’t want to stick up for them in any way but there was.
    I watched carefully and i said on another thread i estimated 5%. Normally you get a good proportion of away fans showing respect, especially when the boys fuvking unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    There really wasnt.
    there was - upper and lower west of south there were many.. in the centre there was a lot of vile gesticulations.

like in FF - a bunch of total idiots throwing lighters and such while penalty being taken - while others disgusted by it.

there is decent and total idiots in all supports

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I watched carefully and i said on another thread i estimated 5%. Normally you get a good proportion of away fans showing respect, especially when the boys fuvking unconscious.
    I’m definitely not going to argue in their favour but was surprised how many eventually clapped. I have no desire to place any respect on their **** behaviour so I’m happy to bow to your 5%. 👍

Hope he is ok. Concussion needs very close monitoring over immediate few hours. Understand TV wouldn’t show replays.

The abuse he got when stretchered off by that disgusting mob and the vile abuse online makes me hate them more than any other club. I wish the absolute worst for that club.

Hope Boyle is ok.

If he’s concussed I’d take that now. My concern at the match (and now) was it being a neck injury, his feet never seemed to move position when lying on the ground and when his arm was moved it flopped back to the ground.

The statement of him being “stable” with no other comment I also find slightly concerning.

Very probably and maybe because their keeper was trying to get them to applaud but they definitely were, eventually.
    Was he ? I didn’t see that, but if so … then that speaks volumes … trying to deflect how they were choosing to react to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Up-the-slope View Post
    there was - upper and lower west of south there were many.. in the centre there was a lot of vile gesticulations.

like in FF - a bunch of total idiots throwing lighters and such while penalty being taken - while others disgusted by it.

there is decent and total idiots in all supports
    Funny that … I’ve sat and listened to 90 … na let’s be generous 89 … per cent of their fans in easter road … sing vile bile … year after year …

Sorry. What was that you said about decent in ALL supports ? Are you actually serious ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    I was listening to it on the radio at work and I was really worried for Boyle when they said he’d been put in the recovery position and that he had lost consciousness!

In the background I could hear them singing Glory Glory it’s a hell of a way to die!!!
    Horrible disgusting creatures! I despise that lot and everything that they stand for!

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DickieDastardly View Post
    If he’s concussed I’d take that now. My concern at the match (and now) was it being a neck injury, his feet never seemed to move position when lying on the ground and when his arm was moved it flopped back to the ground.

The statement of him being “stable” with no other comment I also find slightly concerning.
    It’s not concussion

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    It’s not concussion
    That doesn't sound good sounds much more serious

Hopefully get a positive update today, still worried about him.

Hopefully get an update asap as the update last night from hibs was worrying.

Sitting up and speaking according to Observer

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I agree. Of all of the poor refereeing decisions that took place, this was by far the most serious. I seem to recall something similar happening in another game this season, not involving us, but the ref failing to react to a serious head knock and it was the physios running onto the pitch to attend to the player that forced play to be stopped. Can't remember the game, just remember there was some criticism of the ref for not reacting properly.

Good to hear that Martin is OK, though as others have said, when his condition is described as stable, it does suggest it was a pretty serious injury and he's not going to be back quickly.
    Dundee St Johnstone match. Michael Mellon took a bad head knock ref played on. Emiliano also had head knock in second half which he didn't stop the game. Ridiculous

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Dundee St Johnstone match. Michael Mellon took a bad head knock ref played on. Emiliano also had head knock in second half which he didn't stop the game. Ridiculous
    Yeah Marcondes was screaming at the ref it was a head knock but he was just told to get up.

Post from Liam Bryce:

Good news: Martin Boyle now out of hospital, Hibs confirm.

Been allowed to recover at home after suffering a concussion, hopefully on the mend soon!

More on @HibsObserver_ shortly

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Post from Liam Bryce:

Been allowed to recover at home after suffering a concussion, hopefully on the mend soon!

Great news

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    It’s not concussion
    That's how it's been reported. Hopefully a full recovery soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Post from Liam Bryce:

Thats good news. Maybe not out for as long as first feared but needs proper recovery time.

Glad he’s ok. Blow for us that we’ll be missing him until after the international break I’d imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Thats good news. Maybe not out for as long as first feared but needs proper recovery time.
    Imagine will see him after international break

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Yeah Marcondes was screaming at the ref it was a head knock but he was just told to get up.
    Ref obviously waiting for signal from Goldson... Like he did all match!

Delighted about the news Boyles going to be ok .
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/2...-martin-boyle/

Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    Ref obviously waiting for signal from Goldson... Like he did all match!
    Or Tavernier the one St the East stand just before half tme when he stopped and the ref gave him a foul. May as well have handed him the whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Imagine will see him after international break
    2 weeks at least I suspect with no training of any type for a week.

Hope he's feeling OK as it is.