"from the backside of a cow"
    "In the attic"

", Johnny"

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully make better decisions here than the one to sack Gary O'Neil at Bournemouth. Miles ahead of them with his wolves side.
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Iraola has Bournemouth in 13th with a 1.19ppg.

O’Neill finished 15th with Bournemouth last season and had a 1.09ppg record while he was manager.

Bournemouth have also already matched last seasons goals scored total with 11 league games remaining.

O’Neill is doing a really good job at Wolves but in terms of Bournemouth, Iraola has been an improvement on him.
    Just to update the above, Bournemouth now sit 10th, above Wolves, in the league after their win tonight at Molineaux. Iraola’s PPG this season is now up to 1.32 (compared to 1.09 for O’Neill last season).

Iraola had a tough start to his time at Bournemouth as the players struggled to adapt to his system, however their league form over the last 25 matches has them ranked as the 6th best team in the division. I think it’s safe to say that the decision to replace O’Neill was a great decision, hopefully BKFC can be astute when it comes to decision making for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Yes, I wasn't sure how the finance would arrive. There was another term used which I hadn't heard of, "cash something", maybe?
    Cash calls - a request from a company to its shareholders asking them to provide more money

With the implication being that inability to meet the call, or make the donation, will lead to further dilution of shareholding.

Just to update the above, Bournemouth now sit 10th, above Wolves, in the league after their win tonight at Molineaux. Iraola’s PPG this season is now up to 1.32 (compared to 1.09 for O’Neill last season).

Iraola had a tough start to his time at Bournemouth as the players struggled to adapt to his system, however their league form over the last 25 matches has them ranked as the 6th best team in the division. I think it’s safe to say that the decision to replace O’Neill was a great decision, hopefully BKFC can be astute when it comes to decision making for us.
    Yeah, Wolves dropped off a good bit recently.

Although the 2 Wolves disallowed goals last night are pretty awful decisions. Bournemouth quite lucky to get away with that.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 25-04-2024 at 06:12 AM.

I think Bournemouth are a great team to watch. If Hibs could play anything like that, I'd be very happy. Though acknowledging we'll never have players as good as Bournemouth's.

Christie has been very good for them in midfield.

Bournemouth are doing excellently. Had a difficult start to the season as their new manager bedded in his tactical changes however over the last 15 games they have the 5th best record in the league outperforming clubs with budgets multiple times bigger than their own.

Attachment 27754

Loreint are currently 14th in the league which is above their 10 year average position of 17th. They have struggled during the first half of the season but nobody in the league has a better record than them over the previous 5 matches.

Attachment 27755
    Keeping Bournemouth comfortably in the Premiership is a major achievement. It's not a big football area and the club is naturally first division sized at best.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Keeping Bournemouth comfortably in the Premiership is a major achievement. It's not a big football area and the club is naturally first division sized at best.
    Plus their ground only holds around 11,000 so ticket income is limited compared to most other EPL clubs.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Something that struck me about the Black Knights involvement with Bournemouth is they haven’t re-invented the wheel in terms of who is making the big decisions.

Looking at the Hibs situation just now, there’s an assume from many, or maybe just me, because we have this global scouting network now we are going to get a technical director that’s from the black knights stable and probably from some foreign land where they’ll bring new, fresh ideas that align with what the Black Knights are trying to achieve. At Bournemouth though, they just left Richard Hughes as technical director and when he left they appointed his assistant for continuity.

That to me says they sort of respect the environment Bournemouth are working in and want people who understand and know it inside out. Obviously the managerial appointment was a bit more left field but he was a well known manager and not some left field gem they uncovered. It’s also a league full of teams playing a modern dynamic style of football with players all capable of playing it.

Suppose my point is, they may look closer to home for a new technical director and manager than many of us are suspecting just now.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Something that struck me about the Black Knights involvement with Bournemouth is they haven’t re-invented the wheel in terms of who is making the big decisions.

Looking at the Hibs situation just now, there’s an assume from many, or maybe just me, because we have this global scouting network now we are going to get a technical director that’s from the black knights stable and probably from some foreign land where they’ll bring new, fresh ideas that align with what the Black Knights are trying to achieve. At Bournemouth though, they just left Richard Hughes as technical director and when he left they appointed his assistant for continuity.

That to me says they sort of respect the environment Bournemouth are working in and want people who understand and know it inside out. Obviously the managerial appointment was a bit more left field but he was a well known manager and not some left field gem they uncovered. It’s also a league full of teams playing a modern dynamic style of football with players all capable of playing it.

Suppose my point is, they may look closer to home for a new technical director and manager than many of us are suspecting just now.
    This is the key point in the new Hibs appointment, there's no point playing a style that has no impact on opponents because they play too basic for the style to be effective. Although the SPL is better than most give it credit, it's nowhere near the level of the players most people watch on telly every day. Tactics need to suit the environment and the players at the head coach's disposal.

I wonder how involved, if at all, Foley and Casewll have been at Hibs so far.

If your search Iraola’s name on Twitter you’ll see Bournemouth fans absolutely love him

I saw quite a few that think last night shows exactly the reason why foley changed it - Bournemouth played slick attacking football and were good to watch where as Wolves were the exact opposite.

One of the reasons Foley got rid of O’Neill was because he thought if they want to grow as a club it will be by playing a certain way any attacking the opposition.

It looks like he was spot on in what was a massive call at the time

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    If your search Iraola’s name on Twitter you’ll see Bournemouth fans absolutely love him

I saw quite a few that think last night shows exactly the reason why foley changed it - Bournemouth played slick attacking football and were good to watch where as Wolves were the exact opposite.

One of the reasons Foley got rid of O’Neill was because he thought if they want to grow as a club it will be by playing a certain way any attacking the opposition.

I wonder if that was Foleys decision or if it came from Richard Hughes?

I find it difficult to believe someone like Foley with no background in football is making decisions like that, it must be based on advice from someone.

I wonder if that was Foleys decision or if it came from Richard Hughes?

I find it difficult to believe someone like Foley with no background in football is making decisions like that, it must be based on advice from someone.
    Bit of a tough one, I’d imagine it as Foley based on the interview but like you say it’s a big decision.

There’s also rumours that Hughes (now at Liverpool) is considering O’Neill as Klopp’s replacement. Could be rubbish but if it is true you’d imagine it was foleys decision.

https://x.com/cbssportsgolazo/status/1743045035757883877?s=46&t=jmxs-mZWT_cnYbURW-GKJw That’s the clip of the interview

I think you might be right on the Tech Director.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I think you might be right on the Tech Director.
    Steve Kean?

Celtic and Rangers don't play like Man C, Arsenal etc, but what they do is play a quick decisive type of game, sharp passing and good player movement, we just need better in to implement a si.ikar style. Got to get away from slow sideways/backwards build up.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Steve Kean?
    Malky McKay?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Celtic and Rangers don't play like Man C, Arsenal etc, but what they do is play a quick decisive type of game, sharp passing and good player movement, we just need better in to implement a si.ikar style. Got to get away from slow sideways/backwards build up.
    I think a lot of it just comes down to the players available too.

For example if a new manager comes in and the first two signings are oriented centre halves, one right footed and one left, both good defenders who are comfortable on the ball then I would say that already improves us massively.

Same for moving the ball faster or more creative, it’s hard to get certain players to play that way so we need to recruit them.

Look at the difference from Jair to Maolida for example, it’s just a far superior player.

I’ve said it on a few threads but Luke mccowan is one is one I’d love to see us sign, similar to Christie at Bournemouth.

Bill should sell Bournemouth and make famous hfc priority

I think a lot of it just comes down to the players available too.

For example if a new manager comes in and the first two signings are oriented centre halves, one right footed and one left, both good defenders who are comfortable on the ball then I would say that already improves us massively.

Same for moving the ball faster or more creative, it’s hard to get certain players to play that way so we need to recruit them.

Look at the difference from Jair to Maolida for example, it’s just a far superior player.

I’ve said it on a few threads but Luke mccowan is one is one I’d love to see us sign, similar to Christie at Bournemouth.
    McCowan is exactly the type of player we should be looking at. Full of guts and determination. He was a real driving force against Rangers the other week. Would dictate the speed of the game and when receiving the ball deep he would take it on the half turn and drive into space. Would be a brilliant signing for us.

Sent from my moto g32 using Tapatalk

Bit of a tough one, I’d imagine it as Foley based on the interview but like you say it’s a big decision.

There’s also rumours that Hughes (now at Liverpool) is considering O’Neill as Klopp’s replacement. Could be rubbish but if it is true you’d imagine it was foleys decision.

https://x.com/cbssportsgolazo/status...T_cnYbURW-GKJw That’s the clip of the interview

There was an article on the Athletic (I think) about Hughes when it became clear he was going to Liverpool. It spoke about Hughes having a strong knowledge of European football, and had been an admirer of Iraola for some time, and took the opportunity to appoint him. The article also spoke about the autonomy he operated with at Bournemouth (going back to prior to BK).

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Bill should sell Bournemouth and make famous hfc priority
    I'd imagine now that VGK are his priority rather than Bournemouth tbf.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

and Hibs will benefit from the no nonsense decision making

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Bill Foley’s Bournemouth thump Tony Bloom’s Brighton 3-0.