hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not all on him, he's a minority shareholder. The main custodians of the club remain the Gordons.

Foley will have a keen interest on what we do, but to suggest it's all now down to him whilst the Gordons still own the club clearly isn't correct.
    I think he (Foley) will want to see how we have been and are being run, particularly if his ambitions are to be dining at the top table and he (BK) group are going to be putting money in. He will most likely want to keep an eye on the development of EM too

Im probably stating the obvious here

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    I think he (Foley) will want to see how we have been and are being run, particularly if his ambitions are to be dining at the top table and he (BK) group are going to be putting money in. He will most likely want to keep an eye on the development of EM too

That doesn't change the fact it's not all on him. He owns a minority stake in the club.

Can someone please remind me how to block certain posters?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    He really has to throw money at us. The whole thing is a massive waste of everyone's time otherwise. It's pretty much all on him now. But as he said himself, it's a very low level of investment for BK, chump change basically.
    Your post is bang on and isn't nonsense at all. No way the BKs got involved to see Hibs bump along fighting for 6th.

They've already said they want to see us finish 3rd every season - as you say, it's now up to them to make it happen.

That will mean spending a whole load more money over the next few seasons and a huge upgrade to the type of players we've been watching the last 3 years or so.

Really looking forward to see how they transform our club.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's not all on him, he's a minority shareholder. The main custodians of the club remain the Gordons.

Foley will have a keen interest on what we do, but to suggest it's all now down to him whilst the Gordons still own the club clearly isn't correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Nonsense but you know that. He is a minority shareholder who will either invest as he sees fit or keep the status quo

Okay, so a billionaire football club owner buys into a club like Hibs so he can sit and twiddle his fingers?

Yeah, that's what Hibs and Foley went through for months with the SFA and the legal stuff, shareholder deals etc, they did all that so we could sit mid table, aye?

The Gordons own the club, and I'm pleased about that, but BK group haven't taken two seats on the board of Hibs to watch us struggle for 6th place, behave yourselves. We may not be a roaring success in the future, but Foley isn't here for a laugh and joke, jeeze, follow the logic, money will be spent, there is zero point in this deal otherwise.

He'll invest if he sees fit? He'll invest because it's, as I said, chump change for him, and that's the plan, that's the whole point of his group getting involved.

If you guys want to give me a reason a billionaire would buy into Hibs and then not invest I'm all ears. No? Thought not.

Left by mutual consent!

Jesus H Christ, you don't think that in the months leading up to this deal that the BK group didn't do due diligence?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Your post is bang on and isn't nonsense at all. No way the BKs got involved to see Hibs bump along fighting for 6th.

They've already said they want to see us finish 3rd every season - as you say, it's now up to them to make it happen.

That will mean spending a whole load more money over the next few seasons and a huge upgrade to the type of players we've been watching the last 3 years or so.

Really looking forward to see how they transform our club.
    Cheers.

@hibs.net private member
    Okay, so a billionaire football club owner buys into a club like Hibs so he can sit and twiddle his fingers?

Yeah, that's what Hibs and Foley went through for months with the SFA and the legal stuff, shareholder deals etc, they did all that so we could sit mid table, aye?

The Gordons own the club, and I'm pleased about that, but BK group haven't taken two seats on the board of Hibs to watch us struggle for 6th place, behave yourselves. We may not be a roaring success in the future, but Foley isn't here for a laugh and joke, jeeze, follow the logic, money will be spent, there is zero point in this deal otherwise.

He'll invest if he sees fit? He'll invest because it's, as I said, chump change for him, and that's the plan, that's the whole point of his group getting involved.

If you guys want to give me a reason a billionaire would buy into Hibs and then not invest I'm all ears. No? Thought not.
    He’s invested the ‘chump change’ that’s £6m, what he will be expecting is to be able to buy young guys from abroad, take the Ecuadorian lad in Jan as the example, give them to us for 12,18,24 months move them to what they hope will be Ligue 1 if lorient are there or if a roring success into Bournemouth first team, the hope that these types along with our own transfer business will be enough to have us in Europe each year.

Of course there may be further direct investment from Foley I wouldn’t expect it in short term though there will be a plan in place and time for that will be given, with no debt to service and the possibility of higher level sponsorship deals with BKFC involved we will have a bigger budget we’ll be expected to be able to put up more of a challenge with those changes rather than our billionaire pal writing cheques constantly as we where told it would all be sustainable

@hibs.net private member
    Jesus H Christ, you don't think that in the months leading up to this deal that the BK group didn't do due diligence?
    Any need for the dickish reply ? Obviously Foley and his group will have carried out due diligence, I know they didnt sit in a pub and played at sticking a ****ing pin in the donkeys tail to decide which Scottish club to invest in

Foley and BK will know a lot about our club but being actively involved they will get to know a lot more, the other people behind the club, be present at EM, see how that operates and see how ER operates on match day

Its not an outlandish suggestion and certainly doesnt warrant your smart arsed emoji

Left by mutual consent!
    Any need for the dickish reply ? Obviously Foley and his group will have carried out due diligence, I know they didnt sit in a pub and played at sticking a ****ing pin in the donkeys tail to decide which Scottish club to invest in

Foley and BK will know a lot about our club but being actively involved they will get to know a lot more, the other people behind the club, be present at EM, see how that operates and see how ER operates on match day

Its not an outlandish suggestion and certainly doesnt warrant your smart arsed emoji
    Apologies. It was a bit out of order. 👍

That's all very good. Nothing you've said though doesn't change the fact that it's not all on him now.

Repeating that drivel when the Gordons actually own the club doesn't make it correct but crack on with it.

Going by that warped logic if the club fails then it's nothing to do with the people who own the majority stake in the business.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    He’s invested the ‘chump change’ that’s £6m, what he will be expecting is to be able to buy young guys from abroad, take the Ecuadorian lad in Jan as the example, give them to us for 12,18,24 months move them to what they hope will be Ligue 1 if lorient are there or if a roring success into Bournemouth first team, the hope that these types along with our own transfer business will be enough to have us in Europe each year.

Of course there may be further direct investment from Foley I wouldn’t expect it in short term though there will be a plan in place and time for that will be given, with no debt to service and the possibility of higher level sponsorship deals with BKFC involved we will have a bigger budget we’ll be expected to be able to put up more of a challenge with those changes rather than our billionaire pal writing cheques constantly as we where told it would all be sustainable
    Europe is the key to the strategy. Regular group stage football. I suspect the three years Foley has committed to us is to give us enough time to develop a squad that can do that. Without Europe it's hard to get the numbers up to challenge the uglies without running afoul of FFP.

Left by mutual consent!
    That's all very good. Nothing you've said though doesn't change the fact that it's all on him now.

Repeating that drivel when the Gordons actually own the club doesn't make it correct but crack on with it.

Going by that warped logic if the club fails then it's nothing to do with the people who own the majority stake in the business.
    It's a joint enterprise. Foley may only own a quarter of the club but I'd bet my bottom dollar that for the next three years he and the BK group will be heavily 'advising' the rest of the board.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

And I don't think anything I posted was 'drivel', thanks
    very much. You appear to be in some fantasy scenario where BK group are just here to do what the Gordon's ask. I think not. The percentage of ownership is to do with the SFA rules on joint ownership and, I suspect, had very little bearing on the new power balance at Hibs.
    Last edited by VoltaireHibs; 10-03-2024 at 11:55 AM.

It's a joint enterprise. Foley may only own a quarter of the club but I'd bet my bottom dollar that for the next three years he and the BK group will be heavily 'advising' the rest of the board.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.
    So it's now a joint enterprise and not on one sole person?

You've changed your tune rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post

It doesn't need to be hard cash we're talking about.

If we get a player on loan for a season like Marcondes, for example, that's a huge boost to our squad that costs us nothing.

His wage of £30k a week or whatever needs to paid by Bournemouth whether he's playing with us or training with them.

I think we'll see a huge change to our squad this summer with players on wages we could only have dreamed of paying prior to the BKs involvement.

That doesn't require Hibs to generate any additional income whatsoever. Instead, it's likely to lead to an increased income which is where the sustainable bit comes in over the next few years.

Left by mutual consent!
    So it's now a joint enterprise and not on one sole person?

You've changed your tune rather quickly.
    The new investment is on Foley. The club management structure is ostensibly a joint endeavour.

The percentage of ownership is to do with the SFA rules on joint ownership and, I suspect, had very little bearing on the new power balance at Hibs.
    Yup. I'd go further than that though.

Next step will be the Gordon's selling the rest of their stake, either to the BKs or another party the BKs want involved.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yup. I'd go further than that though.

Next step will be the Gordon's selling the rest of their stake, either to the BKs or another party the BKs want involved.
    Agreed. The three year investment is basically a trial run.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Agreed. The three year investment is basically a trial run.
    I agree with you.

Foley hasn't taken a seat on the board so he can watch the Gordons spend his money. He'll let them get on with the day to day running of the club, but when it comes to major financial decisions, he'll hold sway.

If Foley says "Jump", the Gordons will say "How high".
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I agree with you.

Foley hasn't taken a seat on the board so he can watch the Gordons spend his money. He'll let them get on with the day to day running of the club, but when it comes to major financial decisions, he'll hold sway.

That all seems rather obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    That all seems rather obvious.
    It does, which is why it's surprising that there's an argument on here about it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I agree with you.

Any further investment Foley might make, which would dilute the Gordons shareholding further or more than likely see then exit the club completely, would need approval of the Gordons. Therefore they still hold the cards.

I suspect, like many, that Foley will eventually become owner but until that time Kit and Ian Gordon are very much involved and have a material say on the day to day decisions which have a crucial say on how the club performs.

Therefore it's not all on Foley at this time, although that day will probably come.

It does, which is why it's surprising that there's an argument on here about it.
    Indeed.

Any further investment Foley might make, which would dilute the Gordons shareholding further or more than likely see then exit the club completely, would need approval of the Gordons. Therefore they still hold the cards.

I suspect, like many, that Foley will eventually become owner but until that time Kit and Ian Gordon are very much involved and have a material say on the day to day decisions which have a crucial say on how the club performs.

Therefore it's not all on Foley at this time, although that day will probably come.
    I thought I'd read somewhere that the future investments could be donations for playing staff rather than investments that would dilute shareholdings.

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I thought I'd read somewhere that the future investments could be donations for playing staff rather than investments that would dilute shareholdings.
    That would be great if the case, but I don't see Bill Foley giving us more millions for nothing in return. If he does that, he'll want to own the club.

And that will be up to the Gordons to decide if they wish to do that.

I thought Kensell talked about further investment whether that's in the form of loans or donations.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I thought Kensell talked about further investment whether that's in the form of loans or donations.
    He was quite clear at the AGM, quite condescendingly so IMO, that there would be no loans.

He hinted at donations. He probably couldn't confirm if there are any in the offing.

Left by mutual consent!
    That would be great if the case, but I don't see Bill Foley giving us more millions for nothing in return. If he does that, he'll want to own the club.

And that will be up to the Gordons to decide if they wish to do that.
    You're a poster I normally agree with and I think we're splitting hairs here. Yes the Gordon's are the majority shareholders, but if Foley and BK group don't own Hibs (and I'd be very surprised if their wasn't a route to that in place as part of the agreement) in three or four years then something has gone wrong.

As someone stated above, I suspect the Gordon's will handle the daily grind and Foley and his team will focus on the football strategy.

Anyhow, good discussion, no harm meant. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    He was quite clear at the AGM, quite condescendingly so IMO, that there would be no loans.

He hinted at donations. He probably couldn't confirm if there are any in the offing.
    Yes, I wasn't sure how the finance would arrive. There was another term used which I hadn't heard of, "cash something", maybe?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Yes, I wasn't sure how the finance would arrive. There was another term used which I hadn't heard of, "cash something", maybe?
    Not sure.

"under the counter"

"in unmarked notes in brown paper bags"

"from the backside of a cow"