hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Budge.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She really has no leg to stand on. Her fans behave as badly. Lennon and Cabraja incidents recently. She did nothing about either one.
    Funnily enough whilst mentioning most clubs she failed to address the items thrown at Boyle every time he went to take a corner.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Didn't a fan also approach Emiliano at the far corner or was I just imagining that?

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    Considering cutting hibs allocation...tit for tat looming up.
    Has she consulted all the owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Maybe we should expect a bit more of our fans? I don’t remember any issues from their fans at ER apart from the odd flare which is normality nowadays.
    Broken seats in the South Stand - pretty common when they visit.

Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Didn't a fan also approach Emiliano at the far corner or was I just imagining that?
    Plus Hearts fans fighting the police and stewards - it’s on the YouTube vlog.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    If she cuts our allocation by a single ticket reduce theirs to 0. I’m not saying she’s not justified after recent behaviour but you can’t go against agreements that’ve stood for decades and expect us to hold up our end of the bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've already cut the Hibs allocation back. So they're nearly 4k at ER, we're not much above 3k at their cesspit.

It’ll come to a day when there’s no away fans.
    The old firm derby is pretty crap now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    We're cutting Rangers for similar behaviour.
    Are we?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    Are we?
    It's definitely being discussed by BK and Iain Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Has she consulted all the owners?
    Brilliant 😆

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Broken seats in the South Stand - pretty common when they visit.
    Yeah fair enough.

I can’t help but feel this was a major escalation by the fannies in our support and I’m not really in the mood for point scoring.

Whataboutery plagues our game and I can’t stand it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

If the Hibs allocation is cut it’s only the fault of the muppets who keep throwing stuff at players. Atmosphere or not, it simply has to stop or we’ll be back to fenced in pens.

As a return of fire to budge though, I don’t remember any ground in Scotland ever having as much player/fan interaction as tynecastle, and imo it’s a matter of time before another assault from one of their mob takes place.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    If the Hibs allocation is cut it’s only the fault of the muppets who keep throwing stuff at players. Atmosphere or not, it simply has to stop or we’ll be back to fenced in pens.
    Agree but fenced in pens wont stop objects being thrown

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Agree but fenced in pens wont stop objects being thrown
    Nets are used in many countries...sad day if that arrives, need severe punishment for throwing stuff, a bottle opener can cause serious injury so sentence should be severe too...

There's a bit of a thing growing amongst their fans demanding this so it was only reasonable that the question was asked and answered, really.

It would be a desperate shame if it came to that - for both clubs - but unless behaviour improves then it has to, sadly, remain on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    As a return of fire to budge though, I don’t remember any ground in Scotland ever having as much player/fan interaction as tynecastle, and imo it’s a matter of time before another assault from one of their mob takes place.
    The behaviour of their fans to players on the touchline is totally unacceptable and should be pulled up. They really shouldn’t be allowed to sell tickets for the first few rows of their tiny stadium.

However, there is absolutely no way you can expect to keep throwing objects at players and not expect repercussions. It’s absolutely not acceptable by any fans. They’ve also wrecked Easter Road the last few times which is equally unacceptable.

No idea what’s started all this thuggish behaviour lately but I’m sure someone could point it out. Balaclavas, face disguises etc. etc. The whole atmosphere is starting to get poisonous again and heading back to the 70’s.

@hibs.net private member
    So yes our fans are to blame and I have no qualms with that but hearts fans at tynecastle are no saints.

The first 2-3 rows need of each stand need to be removed to give the players breathing space from the fans.

Some of the behaviour is inexcusable but when you see hearts fans abusing a player about to take a throw in and various other things it does lead to a toxic environment.

Make tynecastle fir for purpose and it’ll certainly help

Hearts fans shouldn’t be able to be lean over and touch the players like they constantly do. Weird / creepy behaviour.

Been going on for years at that crap tiny stadium.

Away fan behaviour in Scotland has been an issue for years but nothing ever gets done about it so fans keep trying to outdo each other. Seems the league etc don’t / stay out of it.

What I don’t get though is I’m sure there is a rule in the league handbook saying clubs must have away fans but the old firm are going against that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    So yes our fans are to blame and I have no qualms with that but hearts fans at tynecastle are no saints.

The first 2-3 rows need of each stand need to be removed to give the players breathing space from the fans.

Some of the behaviour is inexcusable but when you see hearts fans abusing a player about to take a throw in and various other things it does lead to a toxic environment.

I totally agree and still can’t believe they’re constantly getting away with this behaviour. It still doesn’t excuse throwing things like bottle openers at players.

Rather than tit for tat point scoring, all of this stuff needs to be dealt with. Shutting front rows at tiny, reducing allocations for throwing objects and real action re sectarian behaviour. Nothing gets done though because everyone always blames the other teams support for doing something else. It’s like school kids arguing in the playground.

No excuse at all but giving a penalty to your biggest rivals for no reason will anger people.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    The behaviour of their fans to players on the touchline is totally unacceptable and should be pulled up. They really shouldn’t be allowed to sell tickets for the first few rows of their tiny stadium.

However, there is absolutely no way you can expect to keep throwing objects at players and not expect repercussions. It’s absolutely not acceptable by any fans. They’ve also wrecked Easter Road the last few times which is equally unacceptable.

No idea what’s started all this thuggish behaviour lately but I’m sure someone could point it out. Balaclavas, face disguises etc. etc. The whole atmosphere is starting to get poisonous again and heading back to the 70’s.
    Re your last paragraph, imo there is an element on both sides that want that to happen. They are desperate to see the Edinburgh derby become some mini old firm game, except that they are almost more dangerous because in their desperation to make this happen they will be even more extreme.

It was bad enough last week that players were in the firing line but the ball boys and girls at the front of the stand were at risk too, probably even more so than the players. How long before one of them gets caught up in it and hurt? And then we really can’t have a single complaint if we lose more seats because our fans can’t behave themselves.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    No excuse at all but giving a penalty to your biggest rivals for no reason will anger people.
    So be angry. Shout and swear and call the ref every name under the sun, but dinny chuck stuff.

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Could our fans self steward our end?

If both clubs cut each others allocations fans suffer from both sides , both clubs suffer in the derby won't have the same atmosphere . There's nothing to be gained by it imo , everyone's a loser if this happens. Both clubs need to work together and identify the minority on both sides that's responsible for causing trouble and ban them . Be alot better of without them and proper fans that actually care about their clubs can carry on supporting them.

@hibs.net private member

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Maybe need to look again at how tickets are distributed for this away fixture.

Hermit Crab didn’t get much support for his buses from Easter Road suggestion, but it’s an example of what measures some clubs have to take for high risk fixtures. Most recently, we saw that scenario for Newcastle fans travelling to Sunderland.

We wouldn’t need to go to such extremes for an Edinburgh derby, but you could maybe have fans collecting tickets on the day at a venue within reasonably close proximity to Tynecastle, and have fans collect tickets in their name on receipt of displaying their Season Ticket along with ID.

The elimination of non ST’s securing tickets for Tynecastle might start to improve things, along with advance warnings of the consequences of misbehaviour such as ST’s being cancelled.

Probably still a bit OTT for the sake of a handful of missiles, but the fact the incidents appear to be becoming more frequent then the club might need to start thinking about how they allocate in the future.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Maybe need to look again at how tickets are distributed for this away fixture.

Hermit Crab didn’t get much support for his buses from Easter Road suggestion, but it’s an example of what measures some clubs have to take for high risk fixtures. Most recently, we saw that scenario for Newcastle fans travelling to Sunderland.

We wouldn’t need to go to such extremes for an Edinburgh derby, but you could maybe have fans collecting tickets on the day at a venue within reasonably close proximity to Tynecastle, and have fans collect tickets in their name on receipt of displaying their Season Ticket along with ID.

The elimination of non ST’s securing tickets for Tynecastle might start to improve things, along with advance warnings of the consequences of misbehaviour such as ST’s being cancelled.

Probably still a bit OTT for the sake of a handful of missiles, but the fact the incidents appear to be becoming more frequent then the club might need to start thinking about how they allocate in the future.
    Weeding out those in the queue that are either too drunk and/or too coked up to be at the game, as well as having a policeman stand at the cubicles in the toilets would also go some way to stopping the problems IMO. That as well as using CCTV and giving visibility of those (in terms of numbers rather than name and shame) of those identified and banned after each derby would help.

When will people learn its a game of Football and throwing things damaging seats attacking players spitting at players and pyros is totally unacceptable. The people that indulge in this need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Don't get me started about bigotry.

Maybe banning opposition fans is the way to go to rid the game of these morons

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    How about we start behaving instead of indulging in Celtic-esque whataboutery bollocks?