hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Budge.

Budge.

Considering cutting hibs allocation...tit for tat looming up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Link ?

Sounded like a final warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Link ?
    On stv news.

@hibs.net private member
    On stv news.
    Cheers mate, missed it 👍

They're not half milking it now eh?

presumably she also offered an update into the investigation for the assault on Cabraja? Yeah thought not.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Thinks it’s worth remembering that she’s at tynecastle for an event and has been asked a specific question from a journalist around objects being thrown and possibility of allocations being cut.

While I’m sure she’ll have received emails from a couple of fans demanding that they ban us, they’ll have plenty fans that want to keep the full away allocations at both grounds.

Can’t really blame her for what she says - shame we have idiots that think it’s acceptable, but she at least acknowledges it’s every club (including her own) and says if it continues rather than gonna happen at the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Thought she was understandably very fair and said she was considering it but realises it is only a small minority that spoil it for everyone else

Left by mutual consent!
    We're cutting Rangers for similar behaviour. Hard to criticise another club for doing the same. The Ultras culture is utterly f###ing moronic at times. Yes they can bring the atmosphere sometimes, but that doesn't give them carte blanche to behave like total d###heads.

If she cuts our allocation by a single ticket reduce theirs to 0. I’m not saying she’s not justified after recent behaviour but you can’t go against agreements that’ve stood for decades and expect us to hold up our end of the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    We're cutting Rangers for similar behaviour. Hard to criticise another club for doing the same. The Ultras culture is utterly f###ing moronic at times. Yes they can bring the atmosphere sometimes, but that doesn't give them carte blanche to behave like total d###heads.
    Absolutely. Wee fuds are taking things way too far nowadays

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not sticking up for anybody, and it was never my scene (I was a goth), but the boring dad you are now sitting next to was maybe a casual in the day, and the grandad was possibly a hoolie, and the great grandad was...I dunno what they were called in the 50's.

It will always be a part of football.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Thought she was understandably very fair and said she was considering it but realises it is only a small minority that spoil it for everyone else
    Yep, can't complain about anything she said. What happened last Wednesday was completely unacceptable.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    If she cuts our allocation by a single ticket reduce theirs to 0. I’m not saying she’s not justified after recent behaviour but you can’t go against agreements that’ve stood for decades and expect us to hold up our end of the bargain.

Maybe we should expect a bit more of our fans? I don’t remember any issues from their fans at ER apart from the odd flare which is normality nowadays.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Think she was just asked a question at todays press conference for the “Maroon Mile”
    They’ve secured over £200k of lottery money for this

Coaching Staff
    Can't blame them following last derby.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post

Wait till you find out they have reduced our allocation already over recent years.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    She actually did very well to stress every club has its problems with supporters. Jamie Borthwick was desperate was a soundbite so started asking about Hibs at a 150 year event. Clickbait journalism.

We'll only have ourselves to blame to be honest. Last week wasn't the first time in recent seasons that the stuff thrown from our end was a disgrace.

She really has no leg to stand on. Her fans behave as badly. Lennon and Cabraja incidents recently. She did nothing about either one.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Yep, can't complain about anything she said. What happened last Wednesday was completely unacceptable.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Maybe we should expect a bit more of our fans? I don’t remember any issues from their fans at ER apart from the odd flare which is normality nowadays.
    No argument there, we do seem to have a larger number of wee fuds in our support unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    The south stand was smashed to bits at the last derby.

There have been multiple assaults on players (not just ours) at Tynecastle over the years because you’re so close to the pitch.

Both supports have their share of folk who can’t behave.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    How about we start behaving instead of indulging in Celtic-esque whataboutery bollocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think she was just asked a question at todays press conference for the “Maroon Mile”
    They’ve secured over £200k of lottery money for this
    That’s ridiculous to be taking that amount of money from charity. Not like they have form…

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’m sure Hibs will already have been in touch to discuss some of the issues in the post match debrief and hopefully look at how we can improve on that. I’d like to think so anyway.

Ultimately though, reducing an allocation isn’t actually going to stop folk throwing things if they take the notion to do so, and any ticket reduction is a punishment rather than a solution.

If it comes to that I hope we don’t reciprocate it in an Old Firm style tit-for-tat scenario. The only place that road leads is to 500 allocations and the ruining of a great derby fixture.

If they do it, so be it, but if we continue to offer the full end at Easter Road then Hearts’ actions will look petty, and when the first missile is launched from the home stands at a Hibs corner or a player is manhandled taking a throw, then they’re also going to look pretty foolish.

If she cuts ours we'll do the exact same thing back. I don't want it to happen but if it does that's what we'll do.

Also worth bearing in mind we actually have a proper 2 tiered stand, so we can stick them right up in the south upper corner. They'll have even less impact on the game than our fans at their "2 tiered" stand.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    How about we start behaving instead of indulging in Celtic-esque whataboutery bollocks?
    Well said. Whataboutery is the enemy of progress.

They cut ours we will just cut there's, been talking about cutting allocations for years, neither club really wants to do it, so all in all its just another warning

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Exactly. Although it's not really "we". Hopefully.