hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think you can make a case, however strong/weak for each of the big decisions last night. What is irrefutable, though, is that in each case the referee’s immediate reaction was to give the decision that favoured Rangers and then let VAR bail him out if it was a clear and obvious error.

So when the Rangers player tumbles in the box - point to the spot. Is it a clear and obvious error or could you make a case for what the ref has given? The penalty stands. If he had awarded a goal kick or, as the referee did against Celtic, given Hibs a free kick and booked the forward, VAR probably goes with his decision there as well (though given the opponent, this would have been a pitch side review first probably overturned to a penalty…)

When Emiliano is brought down, the referee makes NO decision other than to say play on. If there was a doubt, surely he gives the penalty then let’s VAR tell him if he’s made a mistake? No - he favours Rangers and it’s not deemed clear and obvious enough for intervention.

The game was refereed entirely in favour of Rangers last night. It was outrageous.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you can make a case, however strong/weak for each of the big decisions last night. What is irrefutable, though, is that in each case the referee’s immediate reaction was to give the decision that favoured Rangers and then let VAR bail him out if it was a clear and obvious error.

So when the Rangers player tumbles in the box - point to the spot. Is it a clear and obvious error or could you make a case for what the ref has given? The penalty stands. If he had awarded a goal kick or, as the referee did against Celtic, given Hibs a free kick and booked the forward, VAR probably goes with his decision there as well (though given the opponent, this would have been a pitch side review first probably overturned to a penalty…)

When Emiliano is brought down, the referee makes NO decision other than to say play on. If there was a doubt, surely he gives the penalty then let’s VAR tell him if he’s made a mistake? No - he favours Rangers and it’s not deemed clear and obvious enough for intervention.

The game was refereed entirely in favour of Rangers last night. It was outrageous.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Incidents like last night are happening all the time whereby a player himself is initiating contact so that a penalty is awarded. I'm sure if it given to us (no laughing) we'd be calling our player "clever" no doubt but it's unsporting and really frustrating to watch when it's against you

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there's a major problem with officials and technology, but players aren't blameless either.
    Totally agree in an impartial league The difference is if we do this (Boyle) it’s seen as a dive. So what’s it be? Diving? Or since it’s contact you get a penalty
    , yet again they just choose whichever one fits for them.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Crawford Allan is way out of his depth in his current role. The silence from him and the Referees Association is deafening. He hasn't got a clue how to change things and will be terrified that he does something that has an effect on the title race. This means that the rest of us just need to suck it up.

He recently said that, with hindsight, the referee in a Dundee game should have stopped play for treatment for a head injury. He the went on to say that the referee had done nothing wrong in his application of the laws of the game,but they have learned from this and it wouldn't happen again. Well guess what? It did, yesterday.
    Most of the referees are clones of one another. I heard if one referee, who made many incorrect decisions during a game, got praised by his assessor as although the decisions were wrong,at least he was in the correct position to make the call.