hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Douglas Murray (Dougie)

Hi folks. A few of you will have known my Dad who sadly passed away peacefully at home yesterday after a long illness. My Dad had his first European away day in Hamburg in the 60’s and then missed very few games until he became ill and couldn’t travel. He managed the games in the Faroes and Molde a few years ago but was too Ill to get to San Marino, Lucerne or Villa this season. He loved overseas pre season tours and him and my Mum, Betty, had some brilliant trips and met loads of fantastic Hibbys in some cracking places. He’ll be sorely missed by all of his family and his many friends in the Hibs family. He’s up there with the angels now. Miss you Dad 💔💚

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Sorry for your loss, RIP Dougie.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Heard this sad news yesterday. Deepest condolences to all the family.

Left by mutual consent!
    The loss of our nearest and dearest, is always devastating. Sad news indeed. RIP.

Sorry for your loss mate.RIP Dougie

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Sorry for you loss.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Very sad news.

I first had the pleasure of meeting Dougie and Betty on pre-season tours to Germany in the late 1980s. Dougie was a kind and helpful man and always had a twinkle in his eye. He always had time for a chat and could talk about Hibs for ages.

He was a good Hibs man and will be sadly missed.

Sincerest condolences to all the family.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss. RIP.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Sorry for you and your family’s loss

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Sorry to hear your sad news.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Condolences for your loss, sad to hear, sounds like he was a great Hibs man. RIP Dougie, GGTTH.

Coaching Staff
    So sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and all family and friends.
    RIP Dougie.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorebridge Hibb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi folks. A few of you will have known my Dad who sadly passed away peacefully at home yesterday after a long illness. My Dad had his first European away day in Hamburg in the 60’s and then missed very few games until he became ill and couldn’t travel. He managed the games in the Faroes and Molde a few years ago but was too Ill to get to San Marino, Lucerne or Villa this season. He loved overseas pre season tours and him and my Mum, Betty, had some brilliant trips and met loads of fantastic Hibbys in some cracking places. He’ll be sorely missed by all of his family and his many friends in the Hibs family. He’s up there with the angels now. Miss you Dad 💔💚
    Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a real Hibernian man. RIP

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    💚💚💚

Sorry for your loss. This will be a difficult time but those great memories will always be with you.

@hibs.net private member
    Always sad to hear of the passing of an old Hibernian.
    I didn't know Dougie, but he seems to have been quite a guy. May he rest in peace.
    Sincere condolences to Dougie's family and friends.

Sorry for your loss, thoughts are with you and your family

Sorry for your loss. Not that many fans travelled abroad in the 60s and 70s. RIP
    Last edited by gbhibby; 05-03-2024 at 01:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    RIP Dougie 💚

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Had the good pleasure to meet your Dad on many occasions through my father in law John Douglas, and always about Hibs.

Sorry to hear about this sad news. Sending sincere condolences to you, your family, and friends…💚💚

Sorry for your loss!

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Hi Scott, please accept my condolences to yourself and all of your family. I will miss seeing him on trips abroad to see The Hibs.
    Brian

Promising Youngster
    Sorry for your loss R.I.P. Dougie 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Condolences. 💚

Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    Had the good pleasure to meet your Dad on many occasions through my father in law John Douglas, and always about Hibs.

Sorry to hear about this sad news. Sending sincere condolences to you, your family, and friends…💚💚
    Thanks Gordon. Hope John is doing ok. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Hi Scott, please accept my condolences to yourself and all of your family. I will miss seeing him on trips abroad to see The Hibs.
    Brian
    Thanks Brian.

Left by mutual consent!
    Obviously, I didn't know your dad, but I am so sorry to hear your news.

RIP Dougie.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    So sorry for your loss. RIP Dougie.

Sorry to hear this. My old man was a big hibbie back in the day … between that and growing up near the ground, I was only ever going to follow one team … even when I saw some wee mates deciding to follow the old firm. He left us during the eighties as our team was at a very low ebb, but he had seen the best Hibs versus the best elsewhere many a time. My condolences.

Hope you're coping with what is a sad time.

RIP Dougie