hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky Sports

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Folk moan about kick of times being changed to suit TV, folk moan we're not on TV enough. Can't win
    I don’t like KO times being moved to accommodate TV, but only being selected twice to date for Sky TV annoys me just as much.

A bit like being annoyed at the prospect of getting searched at the turnstiles, but being more annoyed when they take one look at you and just wave you through..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The Edinburgh Derby has a huge appeal, and maybe not always for the right reasons as we saw the other night, but no one can deny it’s a powder keg fixture, with big away crowds in attendance and an occasion that’s tense, nervy and usually with plenty controversy. I don’t watch much football on TV but this is the type of fixture that would draw me in.

Any TV deal that decides such matches to be not worthy of coverage is obviously a hugely flawed one. If there is a genuine will to promote our game in Scotland and show that there’s more to Scottish football than the Old Firm, yet repeatedly ignore a box office fixture, then those in office are shirking their responsibilities towards the greater good of the game.

It’s more or less an admission that they’re not really interested in anyone apart from the Old Firm.
    All they’re interested in is viewing figures. And they know they’ll get more viewers when Rangers visit Tynecastle than when we do.

It’s on the clubs for having such stupid restrictions in place.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Matty nailed it. We need a broadcast PARTNER. Someone prepared and willing to invest the time and content to our clubs.

I'm not sure if that's solely Doncaster responsibility but there needs to be far greater scope when we seek our next deal
    Are there any other broadcasters out there interested in paying as much as Sky?

If there is, I'd imagine we'll go with them next time around. If not, we'll take what Sky offers and nothing will change.