hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

D mitov st johnstone goalkeeper .

I’ve been very impressed with him, against hibs, and other teams, he is aged aged 27 , good on the ground and a great shot stopper.
    Hibs could do worse than sign him up for next season

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve been very impressed with him, against hibs, and other teams, he is aged aged 27 , good on the ground and a great shot stopper.
    St J will sell if they get a good enough offer given he is only contracted for another season so it's now or never for them if they want to cash in which I suspect they need to.

Mentioned on another thread he had a great game against Newcastle when his previous club Cambridge united knocked them out of the FA cup a couple of seasons ago , was voted their player of the season too i think.

If we do sign another keeper I think one thing Monty will want is a keeper that's comfortable with the ball at his feet .

I said this yesterday on here, we better be quick or someone else will grab him,very impressed by him especially at ER 👍

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    I said this yesterday on here, we better be quick or someone else will grab him,very impressed by him especially at ER 👍
    Was very lucky to get away with the penalty claim.

He's played very well the three times ive watched him. Leads the league in saves (partly because of the lack of protection he's been offered by his teammates i guess) but is 4th in save percentage, still pretty good, surprisingly the guy at Killie leads in that stat, he's moved ahead of Butland in that stat who's been very good of course.

I still think we should at least give Wollacott some proper gametime to see what we've got with him.

Hopefully they go down, will make it easier..

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Hopefully they go down, will make it easier..
    Definitely, don't think he'll be short of options though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    He's played very well the three times ive watched him. Leads the league in saves (partly because of the lack of protection he's been offered by his teammates i guess) but is 4th in save percentage, still pretty good, surprisingly the guy at Killie leads in that stat, he's moved ahead of Butland in that stat who's been very good of course.

I still think we should at least give Wollacott some proper gametime to see what we've got with him.
    Am I right in saying that the Killie goalie is on loan from Bournemouth?

Seems like an easy situation to work to our advantage!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Two moves for the price of one.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I have no idea how likely it is, it's probably not on anyone's radar and he must be a fair age now but I see Bart Bialkowski has announced he is leaving Millwall at the end of the season. I'd take him at Hibs in a second.

I've liked him since way back when he was at Southampton in the late 00s. Sure he was Ipswich player of the year about 3 times and the same at Millwall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I have no idea how likely it is, it's probably not on anyone's radar and he must be a fair age now but I see Bart Bialkowski has announced he is leaving Millwall at the end of the season. I'd take him at Hibs in a second.

I've liked him since way back when he was at Southampton in the late 00s. Sure he was Ipswich player of the year about 3 times and the same at Millwall.
    He is 36 so don't know if we will be Doing the Bartman.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Just listened to your pod, thanks for the credit
    i hadnt realised Will Dennis was on loan from Bournemouth would definitely make sense as a cheeky sideways loan move if we like him.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    He is 36 so don't know if we will be Doing the Bartman.
    Another 36 year old goalie available at the end of the season is Darren Randolph. Leaving Bournemouth at end of his contract.

Saints keeper should be out first signing of the rebuild. Too obvious for this regime though.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Saints keeper should be out first signing of the rebuild. Too obvious for this regime though.
    Not sure Hibs are looking at him but I'm sure he will have a number of clubs looking at him.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Marshall arguably had the best save of the game!

First Team Breakthrough
    Firstly really surprised Jojo hasn't been given the last games to Try and show what he can do so for that reason alone I suspect he will be leaving!! As for GK, I would put my cash on Will Dennis who is at killie from Bournemouth being with us next season. But agree Mitov is a very decent keeper.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Marshall arguably had the best save of the game!
    The Mitov save on to the bar from the Maolida shot was class and save of the match for me.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    What’s the plan for Murray Johnson? He will be 20 in November and has played 9 first team games over 2 loans. Feels like another player who has wasted key years in his development and would probably have been better served somewhere else than Hibs. Even allowing for the fact goalkeepers are slightly different to outfield players, though not sure 19 is too young for a goalkeeper anymore.

He’s in a no man’s land of 3rd choice behind a 2nd choice we also seem to have no intention of ever seeing if he is up to being number 1. While we continue to play a 39 year old keeper in the bottom 6 dead rubbers who is out of contract in the summer and been part of one of the worst defences in the league.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    The Mitov save on to the bar from the Maolida shot was class and save of the match for me.
    Agree. St Johnstone's striker made it easy for Marshall. He could have easily lifted it slightly and levelled the game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    What’s the plan for Murray Johnson? He will be 20 in November and has played 9 first team games over 2 loans. Feels like another player who has wasted key years in his development and would probably have been better served somewhere else than Hibs. Even allowing for the fact goalkeepers are slightly different to outfield players, though not sure 19 is too young for a goalkeeper anymore.

He’s in a no man’s land of 3rd choice behind a 2nd choice we also seem to have no intention of ever seeing if he is up to being number 1. While we continue to play a 39 year old keeper in the bottom 6 dead rubbers who is out of contract in the summer and been part of one of the worst defences in the league.
    I’d give Murray Johnston the next 4 games, might be ready

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    His shot stopping is unbeliveably good but I don't think he's that good with a ball at his feet. He was all over the place the first game at ER. Probably how St Johnstone got him when he became free.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    His shot stopping is unbeliveably good but I don't think he's that good with a ball at his feet. He was all over the place the first game at ER. Probably how St Johnstone got him when he became free.

Funny as his earlier career was as an outfield player.😳

Mitov has been impressive and was totally in favour of us going for him until I was reading about the Killie keeper and his Bournemouth connections...

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post

A while back someone who knows their keepers described Murray Johnson to me as the real deal and just streets ahead of everyone he trained with. I don't know if recent developments when he seems to have his loan spell cut short and then seemingly doing absolutely nothing has changed things...

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    A while back someone who knows their keepers described Murray Johnson to me as the real deal and just streets ahead of everyone he trained with. I don't know if recent developments when he seems to have his loan spell cut short and then seemingly doing absolutely nothing has changed things...
    I might be wrong , but I think we were offered a 6 figure sum from him, a few years back.
    He was definitely exceptional for his age.
    He’s played in a few reserve games I’ve watched, but he’s obviously not eligible for the other games.

Id be careful with Johnson.

Still very young - needs a loan where he plays every week in the championship

Just look at some of the comments made towards Megwa when he was recalled and played, he was excellent whilst on loan too. He still done well in the games for us too but never stopped some.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Funny as his earlier career was as an outfield player.
    Maybe that's why he changed tack? He was awful that game with the ball at his feet.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    SIEGRIST been told he can leave Celtic. Was outstanding when at Dundee Utd and would be a cracking signing.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH