hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, folk do it individually, and that's fine, we all like to have new experiences, but I, personally, would prefer that the club didn't encourage it. It may not be many for us, but if it becomes a thing and lots of clubs do it then the impact does become bigger. I know clubs like Barca/Man City etc have these things as packages for tourists, but I'd
    really rather we didn't go down that route.
    It's wild that you think hibs can attract a meaningful number of tourists when the EPL and the El Classico clubs are around. People aren't flying for us unless they have an attachment like the groningen lads. We should definitely advertise to tourists though, they won't come from abroad for it but they are already here in mass numbers. At the least a wee pop up for the summer months up town to grab some euros or dollars, uncle Bill can even sell Vegas Knights tops

2. Log in to remove the advert

We should open a theme park like the one Real Madrid have in erm,............Dubai.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    We really need to turn down additional revenue, not
    We had 4000/5000 or more empty seats yesterday

Please god no. Daytrippers and more folk taking flights for frivolous reasons is not what we or the world needs. Self professed greenest club in Scotland are we not? Edinburgh is Disneyfied enough as it is without making a trip to the football another excursion into tourist land.
    Why the hell not? Some folk like going to museums, others like to go for the shopping or theme parks, why not football?

@hibs.net private member
    Please god no. Daytrippers and more folk taking flights for frivolous reasons is not what we or the world needs. Self professed greenest club in Scotland are we not? Edinburgh is Disneyfied enough as it is without making a trip to the football another excursion into tourist land.
    We've never travelled specifically to watch a game, but everywhere we've been we've tried to watch some football or, failing that, some other sport. I take your point about not opening up new travel package options, but Edinburgh is chocabloc with tourists and temporary workers and students. They're here anyway.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Yes, folk do it individually, and that's fine, we all like to have new experiences, but I, personally, would prefer that the club didn't encourage it. It may not be many for us, but if it becomes a thing and lots of clubs do it then the impact does become bigger. I know clubs like Barca/Man City etc have these things as packages for tourists, but I'd
    really rather we didn't go down that route.
    I took my mate and 20 lads up to Edinburgh on a stag do. The Saturday entertainment was Hibs v St Mirren. We won 2-0. Took them to the Harp and Castle pre and post game. They loved it.

Was a few years ago mind. Rob Jones with a header from a corner for the opening goal (standard).

J

@hibs.net private member
    I've never travelled specifically to take in a game except Hibs or Scotland but when I'm on holiday I'm always on the lookout for a game to take in, some great experiences over the years.
    Just the other week I was at the Sukhothai v Bangkok Utd game, great fun getting pissed with the locals before, during and after. I've now got a Sukhothai shirt for the collection.
    Hibs should definitely be marketing themselves to students and tourists, Edinburgh is teaming with them. Grow the brand.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We really need to turn down additional revenue, not
    We had 4000/5000 or more empty seats yesterday
    Ah but people want to cut old firm tix to 1000.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    It's wild that you think hibs can attract a meaningful number of tourists when the EPL and the El Classico clubs are around. People aren't flying for us unless they have an attachment like the groningen lads. We should definitely advertise to tourists though, they won't come from abroad for it but they are already here in mass numbers. At the least a wee pop up for the summer months up town to grab some euros or dollars, uncle Bill can even sell Vegas Knights tops
    Yeah, I agree with the idea of pop up shop during tourist season (remind when it's not...), that's a decent idea and one that's been floated a few times. But it's also tricky to sell certain games to what are essentially random strangers. It would need to be a passport check etc to stop infiltration by the undesirables.

But encouraging folk to come over from Europe to see Hibs is just a no-no from me, in whatever numbers they come.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    Why the hell not? Some folk like going to museums, others like to go for the shopping or theme parks, why not football?
    If they're already here then absolutely. The original post was saying, and I might have got it wrong, that we should be encouraging folk to come here to see Hibs.

I just think we need far fewer folk on planes.

@hibs.net private member
    If they're already here then absolutely. The original post was saying, and I might have got it wrong, that we should be encouraging folk to come here to see Hibs.

I just think we need far fewer folk on planes.
    Hard enough to encourage our own fans.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Hard enough to encourage our own fans.
    A winning team and we have no issue attracting fans. I'd love to see us be consistently 3rd or 4th playing good football and watch the fan base grow, which I think it would.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I loved Essen, brilliant trip for the Rot Weiss game. The supporters bar at the stadium was magic. 🍺
    We had a few beers in the toon then got on the bus to the stadium where everyone on the bus was giving us free beer, fot near tothe stadium and some guy was selling half litre bottles out his hoose window for a euro. Great day all in.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Tbf, we’re in what must be one of the most visited cities in the world.

If they are already in the city, why not tap into them?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post

If they are already in the city, why not tap into them?
    You’re some boy!