hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Levitt

The extra body in the middle makes all the difference to his game. Added goals now, too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was watching a different game. Thought he lacked confidence, was indecisive and barely found a green jersey with a pass. His goal was his only decent touch I saw. I'd have taken him off for Triantis instead of Marcondes.
    You should ask hibs if you can get a seat that faces the pitch

His passing is absolutely woeful but can he can pull off a moment of magic. Reminds me a bit of a Mallan. He's a good option off the bench but don't think he should be starting over NMW or JN

I was watching a different game. Thought he lacked confidence, was indecisive and barely found a green jersey with a pass. His goal was his only decent touch I saw. I'd have taken him off for Triantis instead of Marcondes.
    😯 You most definitely were watching a different game if that was your take. Find that an incredible critique tbh.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Gives us a good option especially against the teams we are struggling to break down. Hopefully kicks on from a good performance today.

You sure were at a different game!

@hibs.net private member
    😂😂😂

What an absolute load of ***** that is.

Perhaps more of a case he found his level.

Not meaning to be malicious here, but that was one of the worst teams I've seen at ER in a while. They were Unfit, parked the bus from the start. Zero interest in competing unless the ball came into the final third

Levitt has failed to show up in every other outing. It'll take a run of consistently good performances to get pass marks from me
    Last edited by Steve88; 02-03-2024 at 06:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    ������

Yip can think of two 40 yard accurate pingers played straight to feet one right to left to Obita and another left to right to Youan

Totally outstanding play
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 03-03-2024 at 08:52 AM.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    He was fine when he came on, let’s not get carried away. Gave the ball away twice in succession but made up for it with a well taken goal.

Still nowhere near what we need in the middle of the park if we want to progress imo.
    He had the highest pass completion rate of any midfielder or forward. He was excellent in the buildup to the first goal, played 2 superb balls even before that and looked much more confident.

I’ve been a huge critic of him recently and didn’t think he was good enough but he deserves credit where it due today for a very good 45 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    ������

It exemplifies a Hibs supporter who has made their mind up immediately. Unwilling to forgive or forget. Probably up off their seat pointing and hollering in their loudest voice at a misplaced pass, in order, to reinforce their never unwilling to change mind. I've seen it umpteen times. Other players could score own goals every other match, but will never be criticised because said supporter thought he was a good player from the outset.

From a personal point of view, I was critical of Rocky, but he has shown great change in his play, hasn't put a foot wrong since returning, and deserves great praise for it. I'm a big big fan of Will Fish, and when he leaves, I hope that Rocky continues his progress, which I now think he will.

First Team Breakthrough
    He came on and brought the intensity and instinctive play we were sorely missing in the first half. That made all the difference. He plays the risky passes that cut teams open. If you want Hibs to score more then we need players that take risks against sides like Ross County, not just recycle possession by passing back to the centre halves. We shouldn’t be booing that play but encouraging it. For me, the three points are down to him coming on and bringing the attributes we needed to win.

Having said all that, Moriah Welsh still starts for me. Wasn’t his game today but he’s been excellent and I think his quality defensively will be crucial against Rangers.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Really ? he made a few excellent passes two of three behind full backs. Excellent pass in build up to first goal and lovely finish for second. Did misplace a couple of passes but was a huge influence in us winning today. Such a talent which he would show it more consistently

I can't judge his performance as I only seen the highlights, delighted for Levitt for his goal today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Had his critics (deservedly) but looked class and full of enthusiasm when he came on. Perhaps the winter signings and the increased quality of the squad is making players realise that they have to perform to get a sniff of a jersey.
    There’s a player in there somewhere, he’s been lacking confidence. Hopefully he can kick on now. Saw rocky giving him some words of wisdom after his slick turn set up the first goal.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    It exemplifies a Hibs supporter who has made their mind up immediately. Unwilling to forgive or forget. Probably up off their seat pointing and hollering in their loudest voice at a misplaced pass, in order, to reinforce their never unwilling to change mind. I've seen it umpteen times. Other players could score own goals every other match, but will never be criticised because said supporter thought he was a good player from the outset.

From a personal point of view, I was critical of Rocky, but he has shown great change in his play, hasn't put a foot wrong since returning, and deserves great praise for it. I'm a big big fan of Will Fish, and when he leaves, I hope that Rocky continues his progress, which I now think he will.
    As usual a player is never as bad as his worst critic. On the flip side he wasn't close to some of the gushing takes on his performance. Fair enough, watching the highlights he was involved in 2 or 3 of the games critical moments. I don't feel I exemplify any group. Earlier in the season I compared him to Boozy in how composed he'd been in tight situations. I sat quietly today, paid attention to him as much as anyone and I still thought despite Marcondes giving the ball away loads, Levitt was the one of the 3 midfielders I'd have taken off. My user name shows that I appreciated a player that was maybe booed more than deserved. It seems in most eyes I got it wrong, again, fair enough. I think you exemplify a holier than though condescending tw@t.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/tX***FVsmRNvnqYR6?g_st=ic

Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    Perhaps more of a case he found his level.

Not meaning to be malicious here, but that was one of the worst teams I've seen at ER in a while. They were Unfit, parked the bus from the start. Zero interest in competing unless the ball came into the final third

Levitt has failed to show up in every other outing. It'll take a run of consistently good performances to get pass marks from me
    I've been a big critic critic but I don't need several performances to be able to say he was excellent today.

I don't think its a case he's found his level - but it could be that coming on second half as the game stretches against a team affording him time on the ball is an ideal scenario to use him. Wasn't up at Inverness but believe it was similar reports there too.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    As usual a player is never as bad as his worst critic. On the flip side he wasn't close to some of the gushing takes on his performance. Fair enough, watching the highlights he was involved in 2 or 3 of the games critical moments. I don't feel I exemplify any group. Earlier in the season I compared him to Boozy in how composed he'd been in tight situations. I sat quietly today, paid attention to him as much as anyone and I still thought despite Marcondes giving the ball away loads, Levitt was the one of the 3 midfielders I'd have taken off. My user name shows that I appreciated a player that was maybe booed more than deserved. It seems in most eyes I got it wrong, again, fair enough. I think you exemplify a holier than though condescending tw@t.
    I see you’re doubling down. Just to confirm, you would have taken Levitt off after 34 minutes?

You must have been watching something else bud. Honestly. That’s one of the oddest assessments I’ve seen of any player’s performance on here for a long time. And there have been many odd ones. It doesn’t come anywhere close to Levitt’s excellent second half shift today.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Montgomery deserves praise for putting Levitt on for Moriah-Welsh who wasn’t having a bad game but couldn’t give us enough creativity. I don’t think Levitt is the the long term answer in midfield but it worked today.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Montgomery deserves praise for putting Levitt on for Moriah-Welsh who wasn’t having a bad game but couldn’t give us enough creativity. I don’t think Levitt is the the long term answer in midfield but it worked today.
    I thought Nathan gave the ball away a lot in first half. Was the right sub imo

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I thought Nathan gave the ball away a lot in first half. Was the right sub imo
    Yeah, he’s been great and energetic but he had a really poor first half today and the change was a big factor in us having a much better second half.

First Team Breakthrough
    Levitt made a difference when he came on nice assist 1st goal scored goal that secured the points. Not a great fan of Levitt but proved me wrong today

First Team Breakthrough
    Levitt made a difference when he came on nice assist 1st goal scored goal that secured the points. Not a great fan of Levitt but proved me wrong today

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Made a difference, some nice passes and a fine finish but some poor passes and one particular instance where he simply didn't bother tracking his man.

Hopefully we can get the best out of him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Me too.

He/She has made a (very) short term career out of being exactly how you describe him/her.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I see you’re doubling down. Just to confirm, you would have taken Levitt off after 34 minutes?
    No, I wouldn't have put Triantis on in midfield, I'd have left the 3 as they were

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Levitt is such a frustrating player - can be excellent as he was today, but there are other games that completely pass him by.

I really like him as a player, he has been disappointing this season but if he plays like that more often, he'll be a key part of the midfield.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    A couple of slack short passes but more than made up for it. Pinged a couple of long balls straight to feet and a great bit of skill to set up the first goal. Needs to play further up the park than he’s been playing to get the best out of him imo.