hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Levitt

Levitt

Had his critics (deservedly) but looked class and full of enthusiasm when he came on. Perhaps the winter signings and the increased quality of the squad is making players realise that they have to perform to get a sniff of a jersey.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had his critics (deservedly) but looked class and full of enthusiasm when he came on. Perhaps the winter signings and the increased quality of the squad is making players realise that they have to perform to get a sniff of a jersey.
    Clearly has ability. Needs played further up the pitch to influence the game.

Was never going to miss that chance today. Great attitude when he came on.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I like him. Good run and finish today. Couple of misplaced passes but much better

Left by mutual consent!
    Definitely significantly improved us when coming on. Scored a good goal, which adds to his other beauty, against Celtic wasn't it? Glad to see it. We all want our players to succeed, and he's coming back after a lot of flak, so shows real spirit. Well done Levitt.

We looked a far more attacking team when he came on, played some great balls in behind which didn't quite work out. Great finish for his goal and really put the game to bed. Definitely a good option to come off the bench.

Sent from my moto g32 using Tapatalk

Misses a lot of passes, but when he successfully makes a pass, it's usually one that gets us into a good attacking position

@hibs.net private member
    We'll need him, Youan and Cadden with our busy run in

84% pass accuracy. 2 shots on target, 1 goal.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    84% pass accuracy. 2 shots on target, 1 goal.

Impressive stats but what I liked most other than his goal was his reaction to the goal. He showed a fair bit of passion in the celebration which I haven’t seen from him before. Hope he keeps it up.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's obviously wanting to become a regular starter and, on todays performance, he has a pretty good chance of being one.

Testimonial Due
    I was watching a different game. Thought he lacked confidence, was indecisive and barely found a green jersey with a pass. His goal was his only decent touch I saw. I'd have taken him off for Triantis instead of Marcondes.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    And he started the move for our first with a lovely piece of skill.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    I was watching a different game. Thought he lacked confidence, was indecisive and barely found a green jersey with a pass. His goal was his only decent touch I saw. I'd have taken him off for Triantis instead of Marcondes.
    You would have subbed the sub? He wasn't that bad

God help him if he hadnt scored, hate to imagine your reaction 🤣

Excellent today and transformed the game. Two ropey moments within seconds of each other out wide on the left, but some really good stuff other than that. Best performance in a Hibs strip yet from him.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I would actually say you weren't watching full stop.

Watch Sportscene tonight then come back and tell me about the lack of a decent touch apart from his goal. His skill at the first goal was different class

84% pass accuracy so more than 4 passes out of 5 were completed yet he barely found a green jersey

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    You mustn't have been watching the match during his excellent play in the build up to the first goal? And his shot on the half volley that he hit really well?

31 out of 37 passes found a hibs player. 3 out 3 long balls. Think he had an involvement in the 1st goal too.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Aldoo x
    What game were you watching? Started the move for the 1st, scored the 2nd and a superb ball for Youan that should have resulted in another goal.

As others have pointed out this is an utterly bizarre take.

Hes deservedly had some criticism for past performances but he made a real positive difference today.

@hibs.net private member
    So much more positive with his passing than others. Actually tried to play it quickly and over the top rather than just going back or sideways.

Also impressed with his defending - put in quite a few tackles.

He was fine when he came on, let’s not get carried away. Gave the ball away twice in succession but made up for it with a well taken goal.

Still nowhere near what we need in the middle of the park if we want to progress imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    He was fine when he came on, let’s not get carried away. Gave the ball away twice in succession but made up for it with a well taken goal.

Still nowhere near what we need in the middle of the park if we want to progress imo.
    He gave it away twice in succession but he instantly got us playing forward. Marcondes gave the ball away about a dozen times today. Moriah-Welsh gave it away plenty in the first half.

Credit where it’s due, Levitt had a positive impact on the team today. From that contribution, I wouldn’t be picking out the twice in succession he gave it away.

Played well. Always available which helped massively.

Levitt played well when he came on and actually made a difference in a positive way. Hope he keeps this up.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Never been totally convinced until today

Said on the match day thread he was playing like Messi when he came on the way he took a pass in tight situations playing the pass out fighting and winning the ball back played a few delightful through balls and the way he passes and strikes a ball using his low centre of gravity his goal being a case in point

If he keeps playing like that no way can we leave him out

I’ve not had a drink yet honest just in

Technically very good on the ball. Lacks the assertive physicality to boss an opponent and hesitates out of possession to press the ball. Has without any doubt the ability to cut open defences and as an earlier. poster mentioned performs better higher up the pitch.

I like him, although it can’t be denied he’s not been in great form recently. Good to see him get a goal.

It’s amazing what a wee bit of confidence can do for a player.

I've been a big critic of his but credit to him for today. Some good passing and he actually won a tackle which led to an attack on goal.