hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Referee v Ross County

It's Craig Napier's turn to turn us over this weekend. Wonder what they will manage it this time.

Kevin Clancy is on VAR duties in the St Mirren v Aberdeen match!

2. Log in to remove the advert

He's one of the few I don't think is biased or a cheat. He's just completely and utterly useless. He must've ruined the last 3 or 4 Hibs games. Wrongly sent off Jeggo then the next time he ref'd us at Easter Road he was obviously still in the hump about us calling out his terrible display cause he followed it up with an even worse one.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Another ref who I genuinely think has no understanding or feel for the game. Similar to Clancy and Collum in that regard. Seem to get him more than other teams don't think he has reffed either of the old firm teams.

Is this the guy who looks about 12 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another ref who I genuinely think has no understanding or feel for the game. Similar to Clancy and Collum in that regard. Seem to get him more than other teams don't think he has reffed either of the old firm teams.
    He's a poor ref. I agree with previous posters in that I don't think he's biased, or a cheat. He's just incompetent, has no understanding of the game and is one of these people who has been promoted above their abilities. Should be reffing at a lower level. I'm sure I read somewhere he had been fast-tracked to Grade 1. You can tell!

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    He's only refereed 2 Premiership matches since November because he is not good enough to consistently referee the top flight.

First Team Breakthrough
    Guaranteed to be the star of the show. He is the worst ref by a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    He's only refereed 2 Premiership matches since November because he is not good enough to consistently referee the top flight.
    Strange one that. See him at a few games as 4th official

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Running into a nice bit of form where we could have Wallace Mercer refereeing with Gary Mackay and Gary Locke on the lines and Craig Levein on VAR, and it shouldn’t have much impact on the outcome.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...reeing-system/

He was the one who sent Jeggo off then it was downgraded.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I think the way we the fans are feeling just now following our run of shocking decisions, that Napier's ears may very well be in for a loud afternoon if he refs the way I think he will.

Craig Napier is the worst referee in Scottish football by a country mile, he he isn’t even rated by other officials.
    I would actually take Clancy ahead of him, absolutely anything could happpen .😡

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...reeing-system/

He was the one who sent Jeggo off then it was downgraded.
    Also ignored the most obvious red card ever in a home game against St Johnstone which we drew in. Probably a decent bet on a Hibs player getting a red tomorrow

Singularly THE worst referee in our game. Absolutely no clue about the game. Oh dear...

Left by mutual consent!
    Scotlands worst referee.

And, of course, we get stuck with him.

Cheers, SFA.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Why do we get lumbered with these incompetents? They don't give him matches involving either Rangers or Celtic as they know he's rubbish so why do we and the rest of the league have to suffer him?

He’s hardly had any games
    He’s been dropped because of bad marks

Coaching Staff
    Maybe organise another referees strike then we could the Malta guys back, they did a decent job.

It’s odd as other sports you can go watch and don’t think oh no this ref is awful or will ruin the game. Unless someone gives me some examples ???

Seems most Scottish football games are full of refs who you know can easily severely change the outcome of a game.

Just doesn’t sit well especially when folk spend ££ on Tickets and the outcomes at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    It’s odd as other sports you can go watch and don’t think oh no this ref is awful or will ruin the game. Unless someone gives me some examples ???

Seems most Scottish football games are full of refs who you know can easily severely change the outcome of a game.

Just doesn’t sit well especially when folk spend ££ on Tickets and the outcomes at stake.
    In other sports George Clancy immediately comes to mind. Irish rugby referee with absolutely no feel for the game.

No clue whether he's related to the arrogant incompetent from Wednesday evening.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Would be great to have a game where the referee just referees and you don’t really notice him.

Rather than easing pressure on referees and taking them out the spotlight, VAR has positioned them front and centre as the main focus and attention of a Saturday afternoon when we just want to go along to watch our team.

I’m surprised anyone wants to work under that kind of scrutiny and it’s no wonder it’s just a constant catalogue of errors.

Fingers crossed we can just enjoy a game tomorrow where it’s all about the players.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Why do we get lumbered with these incompetents? They don't give him matches involving either Rangers or Celtic as they know he's rubbish so why do we and the rest of the league have to suffer him?
    Think they are all rubbish
    Can’t think of a decent referee in Scotland

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Whisper it, but our family yam (who has been on more putting greens than Hearts games) reckons Napier is one of them.

He could just be taking a scattergun approach as bound to be be right eventually

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Would be great to have a game where the referee just referees and you don’t really notice him.

Rather than easing pressure on referees and taking them out the spotlight, VAR has positioned them front and centre as the main focus and attention of a Saturday afternoon when we just want to go along to watch our team.

I’m surprised anyone wants to work under that kind of scrutiny and it’s no wonder it’s just a constant catalogue of errors.

Fingers crossed we can just enjoy a game tomorrow where it’s all about the players.
    How would var lead to errors? It's been actually proven to decrease errors quite significantly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Whisper it, but our family yam (who has been on more putting greens than Hearts games) reckons Napier is one of them.

He could just be taking a scattergun approach as bound to be be right eventually

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    A Craig Thompson protege perhaps? Every game he's been involved in with us has led to him being seriously critiqued. Maybe, tomorrow it'll be our day, as its not against the currants or yams. But, then again maybe not. Its a pure lottery with these lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    How would var lead to errors? It's been actually proven to decrease errors quite significantly.
    But also taking the fun away from attending games as no one has a clue what’s going on in the stadium at times as the incidents aren’t shown to the crowd.

Would Clany made that call on Wednesday if Hibs fans were also watching the replay on the screens in the stadium ??

Even better if the refs explained it to the crowd.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Not in Scotland it hasnt

This is an accident waiting to happen today.
    Not only does Craig Napier get the big decisions wrong, he makes bizarre calls through out the entire game.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Bring back the Maltese refs.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    He’s dished out 25 red cards in just 61 games since the start of last season.

Questions should be asked why he’s never refereed a game involving Rangers or Celtic in his career. If he’s not considered capable enough to referee those teams why are the rest of the league subjected to him?