hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if they counted their guests in the Gorgie Ritz in with the attendance

Talking of which,

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/best...earts-28736126

Special offers now available , dinner , bed and breakfast for two for£ 150.

Discount deals a bit unusual in a sold-out establishment.

What a nauseating article.

It hits lots of Jambo buttons - ‘award-winning’, ‘massive’ etc - so no doubt Budge loved it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

It hits lots of Jambo buttons - ‘award-winning’, ‘massive’ etc - so no doubt Budge loved it.
    Do we expect anything less from their Jambo love in (again)

From reading on here they have yet to finish the bestest and bigliest hotel ever made with about half still to be completed. If you care to check (I sadly have) most evenings there is plenty availability.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

I had a read of that a day or two ago, boak inducing.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Where’s the “courtyard” at Tynecastle then?

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    At the top of that staircase to nowhere.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    On the school roof right next to the castle view?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

"...the banoffee pie was described by Rab as one of the best sweet treats he had ever eaten."

If Rab says so, that's good enough for me. I can't wait to taste it, then retire to my room with a 3 inch clearance from the bottom of the bed to the wall, and fall asleep to the still video projection of an empty stadium. They know how to spoil a chap.

Left by mutual consent!
    When I went and had a look at Trip advisor it showed their nearest 'boutique' competitor, The Murrayfield, doing rooms for roughly half the price of Tiny.

I wonder how long the Budge fantasy will continue before the penny drops and they realise they've actually built a crappy hotel, with crappy room without windows in one of the crappiest main streets (green tinted specs off here, Gorgie Rd is an absolute s+#thole) in Edinburgh?

The hubris and vanity of that club is neverending. Budge's bowling club mentality and parochial view of life could not be a better fit for them.
    Last edited by VoltaireHibs; 05-03-2024 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    "...the banoffee pie was described by Rab as one of the best sweet treats he had ever eaten."

If Rab says so, that's good enough for me. I can't wait to taste it, then retire to my room with a 3 inch clearance from the bottom of the bed to the wall, and fall asleep to the still video projection of an empty stadium. They know how to spoil a chap.

Baked by the fans? They do know how to organise a cake bake. All big teams with big creditors lists do.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    When I went and had a look at Trip advisor it showed their nearest 'boutique' competitor, The Murrayfield, doing rooms for roughly half the price of Tiny.

I wonder how long the Budge fantasy will continue before the penny drops and they realise they've actually built a crappy hotel, with crappy room without windows in one of the crappiest main streets (green tinted specs off here, Gorgie Rd is an absolute s+#thole) in Edinburgh?

The hubris and vanity of that club is neverending. Budge's bowling club mentality and parochial view of life could not be a better fit for them.
    The weekend of the Scotland V England Rugby they charged £710 for 2 nights. To put that into perspective the Sheraton (£440) and Waldorf Astoria (£600) were both a lot cheaper.

It’ll be good to see how Budge puts a spin on this with rooms readily available most nights.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    The weekend of the Scotland V England Rugby they charged £710 for 2 nights. To put that into perspective the Sheraton (£440) and Waldorf Astoria (£600) were both a lot cheaper.

It’ll be good to see how Budge puts a spin on this with rooms readily available most nights.
    One of their trip advisor reviews, amidst all the fawning fan ones, says the Aircon wasn't working, which in a modern insulated windowless building is a fatal flaw. So when the temperature goes up, everyone bangs on their Aircon to the max, and it inevitably can't cope, that's when the fun will begin. It'll be like sleeping in a sauna. Except some saunas have windows.

Imagine if someone booked a room and replaced the pitch view of the PBS with one of the Holy Ground.😁

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Do we expect anything less from their Jambo love in (again)

From reading on here they have yet to finish the bestest and bigliest hotel ever made with about half still to be completed. If you care to check (I sadly have) most evenings there is plenty availability.

Ooh so do you get construction noise to go with your tv screen of an empty pitch?

Must book my stay before it truly sells out.

Just declare it a sell out? It's not as if there's a load of three quarter sized empty faded maroonish seats to give the game away.

Sir Matt Busby

Theyve supposedly sold out the 3 nights Taylor Swift is in town at £500 a night. No idea what dates those are to check though. Is it normal for Hotel room prices to fluctuate so much?

Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneHibees View Post
    Theyve supposedly sold out the 3 nights Taylor Swift is in town at £500 a night. No idea what dates those are to check though. Is it normal for Hotel room prices to fluctuate so much?
    Yes, every hotel (or 99% anyway) will have dynamic pricing based on predicted demand. Same as airlines.

Prices in town will be inflated given the crowd etc. believe it’s 7/8/9 June. As it stands they’ve only finished 12/13 rooms so these dates being sold out will maybe cover some of the midweek loses to date. Loads of availability on most weekday dates.

Prices in town will be inflated given the crowd etc. believe it’s 7/8/9 June. As it stands they’ve only finished 12/13 rooms so these dates being sold out will maybe cover some of the midweek loses to date. Loads of availability on most weekday dates.
    Are you sure? I've just went onto their Hotel Website (which is amateur hour) and it let me add over 20 rooms to a random midweek night in April. Surely they've not opened half a hotel with building works going on whilst guests stay? And surely that would have been picked up by these media reports?

Do you get a safety hat at check-in?

Are you sure? I've just went onto their Hotel Website (which is amateur hour) and it let me add over 20 rooms to a random midweek night in April. Surely they've not opened half a hotel with building works going on whilst guests stay? Amd surely that would have been picked up by these media reports?
    I’m not sure who it was but someone posted start of last week that only half the rooms etc had been completed.

Who knows either that mob. But I thought it was supposed to be a great hit and sold out every single day given it’s the bestest, bigliest and the most modern hotel ever built.

As for the media. Do you really think the EEN will post anything negative about them?

Looks like Spoons had another flash sale on old furniture...Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.59.05.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Looks like Spoons had another flash sale on old furniture...Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.59.05.jpg
    Grannies front room is the design style I think you'll find.

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes, algorithms and, at bigger hotels a revenue manager, ensure prices are adjusted to demand.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Yes, algorithms and, at bigger hotels a revenue manager, ensure prices are adjusted to demand.
    50 pounds max for a night in Gorgie shirley

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Anne Budge and her Bingo buddies ram raided Dunelm on the club credit card. A good time was had by all.