hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar

Compliance Officer

Does this guy still look at dodgy incidents, such as Vargas simulation or since VAR has arrived he has become redundant

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does this guy still look at dodgy incidents, such as Vargas simulation or since VAR has arrived he has become redundant
    Vargas has been touched so not sure what the compliance officer can do. His reaction was so far over the top but this is all on the Ref for me and the ref only.

The ref has given a penalty for the incident so surely no retrospective action could be taken against the player.

Don’t think a compliance officer can do anything. Fact is fish made contact with Vargas. Whether there was enough contact for him to perform a triple flip is up for debate.

Is there a compliance officer. The last one I remember was a female.

I assumed zero contact the way everyone was complaining

We got beat by not scoring enough goals

The penalty was dubious but you need to score pre than one goal to win most football matches

Quote Originally Posted by ShetlandHibby View Post
    Don’t think a compliance officer can do anything. Fact is fish made contact with Vargas. Whether there was enough contact for him to perform a triple flip is up for debate.

Sorry, but how does that justify him throwing himself to the ground?

Cheating is cheating, and has to be punished.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post

The penalty was dubious but you need to score pre than one goal to win most football matches
    We scored exactly the amount of goals required to win a football game against a team who could barely muster a shot on target, unfortunately they were given the most scandalous penalty in Edinburgh derby history.

[QUOTE=LaMotta;7601166]

The penalty was dubious but you need to score pre than one goal to win most football matches[/QUOTE

We scored exactly the amount of goals required to win a football game against a team who could barely muster a shot on target, unfortunately they were given the most scandalous penalty in Edinburgh derby history.
    It was a shocker but if you make contact in the penalty box without winning the ball it leaves you open to soft penalties unfortunately- I’ve seen other soft penalties given with hardly any contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Sorry, but how does that justify him throwing himself to the ground?

Cheating is cheating, and has to be punished.
    Its not even a fact that Fish made contact with Vargas. The contact happened because they came together which happens all the time in football. I genuinely cant believe there are Hibs fans making out this was anything other than a dive.

It was a shocker but if you make contact in the penalty box without winning the ball it leaves you open to soft penalties unfortunately- I’ve seen other soft penalties given with hardly any contact

It was a shocking refereeing mistake, nothing less. Even Boddy Madden has explained why on his Instagram page.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=joe breezy;7601172]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

It’s the lack of consistency for me. If that’s a pen last night then so should Boyle’s be against Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    It’s the lack of consistency for me. If that’s a pen last night then so should Boyle’s be against Celtic.
    I would go further than that mate - Boyle's should have been a penalty and last night's should never have been a penalty as Boyle was actually fouled. That is the extent of the luck/decisions we are getting against us.

@hibs.net private member
    I would go further than that mate - Boyle's should have been a penalty and last night's should never have been a penalty as Boyle was actually fouled. That is the extent of the luck/decisions we are getting against us.
    Fair comment. We are getting nothing but that’s been the case for us in my 31 years as a ST holder.

The SFA don’t like us and we’ve been cheated many a time.

I feel it in my water that we will be winning games by at least two goals soon enough - although I’m sure we will still get things f*%d up by awful referees

That decision isn’t gonna rescinded now though

I don’t for one minute think that it was a penalty however to deny that Vargas put his foot on the ground and then fish made contact with his foot is blind madness. There was undeniably contact and that contact was caused by fish. It was minimal contact and Vargas dived. It was a poor decision but far from the worst decision in the history of sport. The knee jerk over reaction by some one here is very over the top.

What a slaver. Try sticking up for the club you allegedly support.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don’t for one minute think that it was a penalty however to deny that Vargas put his foot on the ground and then fish made contact with his foot is blind madness. There was undeniably contact and that contact was caused by fish. It was minimal contact and Vargas dived. It was a poor decision but far from the worst decision in the history of sport. The knee jerk over reaction by some one here is very over the top.
    Minimal contact and Vargas dived

Think you explained very well with that comment just why so many folk are furious at Clancy, and his band of not so merry men towards us.

Trying to quote Joe Breezys post but not working...

Anyway my view of it is none of them have control of the ball. It's not as if Vargas has the ball and Fish makes contact with him.

They mildly collide with each other which Vargas initiates for the sole purpose of diving to win a pen. The ref should understand this

They made contact with each other - as explained perfectly below by Ray Donovan:

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Donovan View Post

Anyway my view of it is none of them have control of the ball. It's not as if Vargas has the ball and Fish makes contact with him.

They mildly collide with each other which Vargas initiates for the sole purpose of diving to win a pen. The ref should understand this

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    It was a shocking refereeing mistake, nothing less. Even Boddy Madden has explained why on his Instagram page.
    Just had a look at his page. He has highlighted 6 major incidents in 4 midweek fixtures and he feels for 4 of them the officials got the decision wrong, that is horrendous. FWIW, I agree with his opinion on each incident.

Yup, he plants his foot before the contact and pushes himself forward with it.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Just had a look at his page. He has highlighted 6 major incidents in 4 midweek fixtures and he feels for 4 of them the officials got the decision wrong, that is horrendous. FWIW, I agree with his opinion on each incident.
    Its unbelievable eh?

It's a good page in general - he posts his views after every round of games. MAdden was a decent ref I feel.

Neither had control of the ball but Vargas touched it last, he then planted his foot and fish made contact with his foot with his trailing foot. This is clear from the video from all angles. It can’t be disputed. The force or lack of is debatable and I don’t think many could argue that it would be enough for Vargas to go to ground

What on earth is this "planted his foot"? Another modern-day euphemism for cheating?

Player. "I'm going to run at defenders, move my foot away from the ball towards a position to initiate contact with his foot and body, and then twist and fall like I've been shot".

It's a DIVE. He's a CHEAT. CALL IT OUT!

I wouldn't be surprised if they practised their cheating in training.

Fish makes contact with Vargas but nobody mentioning Vargas also moves his hip toward Fish and leave his foot dangling to make sure of contact.
    Regardless, the contact never constitutes a penalty. It's a contact sport. Absolutely no foul and absolutely a joke decision by a joke of a ref.
    No debate either on the Vargas triple flip - those votes are counted. Cheating rat.
    Hope when Obita caught him accidentally with an arm he was okay, hope his nose wasn't broken, be a shame

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    If you look again, you’ll see Vargas actually comes into the challenge with his foot dangerously over the ball too.

If anything the way he initiates contact is a foul on fish

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    The year is 2024 and Hibs fans are agreeing with Bobby Madden, wishing he was back in Scottish Football

@hibs.net private member
    I think Clancy, wrongly, took both incidents in to account and basically decided between the two there must have been a penalty in there somewhere. Just making it up really so I thought I’d just join in 🤓