hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    I don't think money will come into it.

I just think he will want to go to a better league and there's nothing wrong with that. The benefit for him just now is that we are a decent shop window. He is getting game time and a chance to show the football world what he can do.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    20 grand a week easy for that kind of player - I'm not sure how much Celtic afford to pay but even with our investment can't see how we can ever really match them with their attendances and TV money not being much in Scotland

Would have to really do well in Europe to be able to afford players of that calibre in my mind but happy to be proved wrong
    We could make him our top earner on £10K a week. We have the money.

I think there is an outside chance he’s a hibby this time next season.

Superb player.

Cool as **** name as well. Emiliano.

Yes sir.

If he enjoys his time here, he may just fancy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Who is as it that said “It’s better to have loved and lost. Than to have never loved at all.”
    Del Amitri

First Team Regular
    That is the only worry with this new way of doing business all the good loan players move back that we realistically have no chance of keeping long term and we need to rebuild every season. Already been rebuilding for the last eternity it feels like. Hopefully a few more permanent quality signings in the summer.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post

Superb player.

Yes sir.

I honestly don’t see £10k a week being nearly enough.

We already have players on sums not all that different from that. He could go to the Championship in England and earn 2 or 3 times what we could give him, even with the new investment and probably live in London or something as well.

I’d be very, very surprised if he’s here next season. I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if we have a similar player arrive on a loan though.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I honestly don’t see £10k a week being nearly enough.

We already have players on sums not all that different from that. He could go to the Championship in England and earn 2 or 3 times what we could give him, even with the new investment and probably live in London or something as well.

I’d be very, very surprised if he’s here next season. I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if we have a similar player arrive on a loan though.
    Fair enough mate.

Hope you’re wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    Fair enough mate.

Hope you’re wrong.
    So do I

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Tynecastle is notorious for its suffocatingly tight pitch dimensions, but Marcondes seemed to have more time than anyone else on the pitch when gathering the ball in tight areas. The sign of a top class player.

Really enjoying watching him play for Hibs and I dare say he looks like he’s enjoying playing for Hibs himself.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

Superb player.

Yes sir.

I had heard he is on £40k a week at Bournemouth with us paying 20% of that to get him on loan.....if that's true then he wont be coming for £10k a week.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    I had heard he is on £40k a week at Bournemouth with us paying 20% of that to get him on loan.....if that's true then he wont be coming for £10k a week.
    Supposedly more like 18k at Bournemouth.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Supposedly more like 18k at Bournemouth.
    If thats right then we have far more of a chance. If players like Edinburgh and are made to feel like heroes then that could be a strong draw....

Left by mutual consent!
    He will be a free transfer so no reason we can't subsidise his wage with a lump sum "transfer fee" payable directly to him.

Pretty sure that's quite doable.
    Not at all doable. As others have said - enjoy him while he's here. It's a great mutual arrangement for both of us,, we get his skill, he gets match fit and a decent shop window. He'll be playing somewhere down south next year.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Not at all doable. As others have said - enjoy him while he's here. It's a great mutual arrangement for both of us,, we get his skill, he gets match fit and a decent shop window. He'll be playing somewhere down south next year.
    I meant the process of offering a lump sum as a fee, not that it would mean he would sign.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    I understood we weren't paying any of his wages?

It's obvious what a bit of quality has made to our team.

He's a player that any of the Ugly Sisters would sign, I'm hoping with the new investors we can get near an offer he can accept, if we can get Europe regularly he might like that idea.

Left by mutual consent!
    I meant the process of offering a lump sum as a fee, not that it would mean he would sign.
    We just don't have that kind of money. Think folk need to calm down a wee bit. 6 million, with maybe half of that going directly to infrastructure, means we get two or three above average SPL players, IF we spend it wisely. The real benefit of the multi-club bit is that we occasionally get a loan like Marcondes.

But as we've seen with Moriah-Welsh, Maolida and Marcondes, those three players can totally change the dynamic of the team.

We just don't have that kind of money. Think folk need to calm down a wee bit. 6 million, with maybe half of that going directly to infrastructure, means we get two or three above average SPL players, IF we spend it wisely. The real benefit of the multi-club bit is that we occasionally get a loan like Marcondes.

But as we've seen with Moriah-Welsh, Maolida and Marcondes, those three players can totally change the dynamic of the team.
    We don't have the money to offer a fee? We paid almost 2m in fees the year before last.

£520k up front payment to him as if we were paying a club = £10k a week towards the overall contribution to his renumeration for a year.

Nothing to do with the 6m at all.

Him and Maolida are prob on about 60-70 grand a week between them.

Thats the massive benefit of the Black Knight link up.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    If Hibs are serious as a club about stepping up a level then it’ll be interesting what we offer him. It would cost millions to get a similar player in the door, and he’s already half in.

We should push the boat out with a big signing on fee and 10/15 grand a week. He’s that good. The club were talking about quality over quantity the other night so show it.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

We can't afford their wage- but hopefully the loan signings can continue if all parties are happy.. a place in Europe would help that.

He's the type of player I want to pay money to watch.

Floats about the park, makes the game look so easy and is able to do things other players just can't. He still doesn't look 100% up to full match fitness yet either, if we can get him there in the next few weeks then he will be frightening.

I'm not convinced we will be able to keep him even with the BK link up, there will be top 6-8 Championship teams in England who would be willing to pay 7 figures (i know he is out of contract but you know what I mean) for a player like him and offer serious wages. He's proven at the very top end of that league.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 29-02-2024 at 09:25 AM.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Him and Maolida are prob on about 60-70 grand a week between them.

Thats the massive benefit of the Black Knight link up.
    Average weekly wage in Bundesliga 2 is around 5000 Euros

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Average weekly wage in Bundesliga 2 is around 5000 Euros
    Obviously I've no idea what Maolida's wage is, but I think it's safe to say that Hertha's average wage will be a lot higher than that division's average wage.

When we were in the Championship the average wage for that division wouldn't have been a meaningful way to guess at our players' wages.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Obviously I've no idea what Maolida's wage is, but I think it's safe to say that Hertha's average wage will be a lot higher than that division's average wage.

When we were in the Championship the average wage for that division wouldn't have been a meaningful way to guess at our players' wages.
    Aye you're right, SalarySport has Maolida listed at 15k.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Who would be harder to replace? Emiliano or Maolida?

I can’t quite tell. Emiliano’s technical ability is a level above the SPL and we’ve seen how difficult it is to connect the midfield to the forwards. However Maolida’s technical ability added to his athleticism and presence also critical to making those around him better.

Marcondes could have come to Edinburgh and played out the last 6 months of his contract at Bournemouth and picked up a decent wage and just swanned about with very little effort.

He's come here and made a huge impact and I still believe he's going to get fitter and stronger.

I very much doubt he will be at Easter Road next season so I'm going to enjoy every minute of his playing time with the Cabbage.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Who would be harder to replace? Emiliano or Maolida?

I can’t quite tell. Emiliano’s technical ability is a level above the SPL and we’ve seen how difficult it is to connect the midfield to the forwards. However Maolida’s technical ability added to his athleticism and presence also critical to making those around him better.
    Emiliano for me, these kinds of players pulling on a Hibs strip are once-every-15/20-years. Sauzee, Archibald, Latapy, Best.

Ok maybe not Best/Archibald but of that kind of quality.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Absolutely love this guy - best player on the park last night.

When you think of Hibs - you think of guys like him who make the game a joy to watch.

If he had stayed on / wasn’t tiring would have won.

Only a matter of time before he scores a freekick also.

Love his attitude and turning into a fans favourite.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    He's the type of player we want to see. Sign players like this and ER will be bouncing and this forum will be full of positive vibes.

All the crap we read on here about people having agendas and hating on the club will hopefully disappear too.