hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they take a big chunk out of the allocation they have every justification to do so. It seems to be getting worse as well.

As for self policing, when I was 18/19 I tried to stop someone lobbing a bamboo flag pole at Hampden. I didn't manage to, and it hit a wee boy who was there with his grandad and resulted in lots of tears and I think they moved seats.

I got reems of abuse from the boy who threw it and all his pals, spitting at me and my friend and offering us out on stairs. We tried to ignore it and let it be, and eventually the thrower was ejected.

Fortunately the first half was so **** it was forgotten about - Falkirk semi.

Self policing will not work.
    Unfortunately it doesnt work particularly with some of the characters who come out for certain games

I get all the arguments about policing costs but entrusting safety in the stands to minimum wage, minimum trained stewards doesnt work in derbies and other flashpoint games. Polis in the stands , walking the gangways are the only real-time deterrents to try and stop incidents like you've described.

Unfortunately we have a policing culture which is reactive not proactive and which relies on trawling through cctv after the event rather than prevent it happening in the first place.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    With the technology we’ve got now surely it’s easy to identify some of those throwing objects. Identify them. Ban them. Critically, publicly, without going as far as naming and shaming, give visibility of those identified and banned as a deterrent.

I wasn’t there last night, but more generally, actually stopping those too drunk from getting in. Derbies and Hampden, I’ve seen people literally almost unable to stand but never seen any of them ever refused entry.

@hibs.net private member
    Wonder how well the singing section behind the goals will work with some of these tubes there?

At least them being up the terrace in the corner cuts down on the damage throwing things can do.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Wonder how well the singing section behind the goals will work with some of these tubes there?

At least them being up the terrace in the corner cuts down on the damage throwing things can do.
    At Easter Road we have excellent CCTV system and can id people easily now.

Tynecastle is a dump and simply wont have the same system in place, which is probably why the police were also filming during the match.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    At Easter Road we have excellent CCTV system and can id people easily now.

Tynecastle is a dump and simply wont have the same system in place, which is probably why the police were also filming during the match.
    Hasn't stopped things getting thrown on the pitch just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Was it the French visitors that threw the wine opener.
    I didn't realise we had so many French members of Hibs First and ST holders. Amazing so many of them got tickets really.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Hasn't stopped things getting thrown on the pitch just now.
    No, but if they are i.d. they get a ban.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Allowing them all to be crammed into such a small space is a problem, making them harder to identify. Stewards can't do anything about it, they managed to move a few guys away from standing at the walkway above the lower section but it's an impossible task to move them all. So many empty seats around where I was near the back.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I didn't realise we had so many French members of Hibs First and ST holders. Amazing so many of them got tickets really.
    Unless there was a selection of decent cheeses and a cooler for the seasonal whites on the pitch I think it's more likely to be some random asshole who threw it on rather than the French people amongst our support.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It's just hangers on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Allowing them all to be crammed into such a small space is a problem, making them harder to identify. Stewards can't do anything about it, they managed to move a few guys away from standing at the walkway above the lower section but it's an impossible task to move them all. So many empty seats around where I was near the back.
    The stewarding and policing at tiny is disgraceful. The horizontal walkway that splits the, don't laugh, upper and lower tiers was rammed the whole match.It will be an emergency walkway and those standing there basically stop other fans seeing the near goal. The same idiots that throw missiles and the same age group. I hate missing Derby matches but I now also hate going to Tiny nearly as much and that is all to do with the half wits in our support. Hearts may well reduce our allocation and it would be hard to blame them. I hope our club can do better in identify the culprits and banning them for a considerable length of time while also passing evidence to the police

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I've not seen it mentioned (may have missed it) but a green flare narrowly missing a wee ballboy who must have been terrified. It landed right at his feet before kick off.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    I've not seen it mentioned (may have missed it) but a green flare narrowly missing a wee ballboy who must have been terrified. It landed right at his feet before kick off.
    I mentioned it earlier but seemingly it wasn't aimed at him so that was ok.

Forget stewards and police, it was disgusting neddish behaviour from a section of our fans and needs stamped out.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Coked Up morons.
    Likewise the idiots in Section N in the home end who were battering stewards en masse in the stands at the end of the game. Absolute cretins.
    Why are they always accused of being "coked up"? I see this all the time without any evidence. Folk have been throwing things on the park for as long as i can remember. Doesn't mean they're on anything. Just bams that can't control their emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I mentioned it earlier but seemingly it wasn't aimed at him so that was ok.
    Ah ok makes sense then

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Why are they always accused of being "coked up"? I see this all the time without any evidence. Folk have been throwing things on the park for as long as i can remember. Doesn't mean they're on anything. Just bams that can't control their emotions.
    You need to take a visit to the bogs pre-match and at half time. Boys openly doing it at urinals in front of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Shankland ate the half eaten pie? That’s ****ing gross 🤢

What a weird wee guy he is.
    Dodgy in the extreme. Who knows what that half-eaten pie was contaminated with. Hope he wasn't drug tested after the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Was it the French visitors that threw the wine opener.
    Those damn wineos from chile!

On that note, I’d have thought hibs.net would be the ideal way for Hibs fans living in Chile and China to keep in touch with all things Hibs!

Is it just that they shouldn’t be allowed to criticise assault and moronic behaviour if they don’t live in this country?

(Quoted you BS but question obviously not aimed at you👍)

Not saying it was them but know someone who again had a ticket for last nights game despite not being a season ticket holder (he regularly gets tickets there and was also at Villa away).

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Maybe missed something, what French visitors?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    There's not able to control your emotions and theres folk taking ching openly in the toilets. It's that brazen now they aren't even waiting for cubicles.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Hibs' fans behaviour over the last 7 or 8 years in category A games must be really concerning to the club. Only 2 nights ago we had questions at our AGM complaining about a certain clubs songs and antics when we play them

This place would be collectively foaming at the mouth if rangers fans were throwing missiles as we took a penalty or corner. It's also time the Mercer song is put to bed imo

Some hun like behaviour last night. Call it out Hibs. Unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Maybe missed something, what French visitors?
    A wee group of Marseille fans.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Coked up fannies. The queue for the cubicle in the Roseburn pre-match was ridiculous and it wasn't daft teenagers. Either a lot of folk sticking cleaning chemicals with about 5% coke up their noses or there was a serious tummy bug going around. As for the police, what a waste of time they were. No searches going into the stadium, not moving on the idiots who stand in the walkway between the tiers (aye I know) and standing by and watching the tits launch missiles at the pitch and into the Hearts support without arresting anyone.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    A wee group of Marseille fans.
    How did they get tickets?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    No, you have the wrong story. Righteous members of the do goodgers nation of .net of whom the majority have not went to a game for months/years (not you Flash) want to concentrate on the actions of some of our support and not why the crime of the penalty was given in the first place. That shafted us even when it went to var.

Oh well, I guess you had to be there.
    Well done admins for finally launching this ********, only question is why it took so long.
    They've been relentlessly winding people up for a few weeks, it was pretty obvious from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by babahibs View Post
    Well done admins for finally launching this ********, only question is why it took so long.
    They've been relentlessly winding people up for a few weeks, it was pretty obvious from day one.

You can always use the report post function to let us know your concerns

@hibs.net private member
    First time at Tynecastle in a few years (actually got fed up of missiles being thrown into the Hibs end from the Hearts end and the general lawlessness in our end).

The number of missiles thrown from the Hibs end must have reached 3 figures last night. It was pretty constant throughout the game. It looks too difficult to police properly so I suspect we are getting pretty close to a ban on away fans for the derby at Tynecastle and I imagine Hearts are keen to get STs sold for that area to include the Hibs game too. I think the derby as we know it is now in real danger. Very sad.

The lack of respect shown to and abuse of stewards who are trying to do their job (probably for minimum wage) is also terrible.

I know there has been an outcry about the penalty and the club making a statement but the behaviour of the fans is a bigger issue to me. The club have failed to take action in the past to address this and it’s getting far worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    The stewarding and policing at tiny is disgraceful. The horizontal walkway that splits the, don't laugh, upper and lower tiers was rammed the whole match.It will be an emergency walkway and those standing there basically stop other fans seeing the near goal. The same idiots that throw missiles and the same age group. I hate missing Derby matches but I now also hate going to Tiny nearly as much and that is all to do with the half wits in our support. Hearts may well reduce our allocation and it would be hard to blame them. I hope our club can do better in identify the culprits and banning them for a considerable length of time while also passing evidence to the police
    Agree 100%. I can't not go as I don't want to miss something special (a la Millenium Derby) but the crowd trouble is completely out of control. I can manage getting there ridiculously early to avoid the "corteo" but watching missiles fly back and forth and hitting players is really putting me off going in the future, especially an evening kick off.