hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Was always going to happen with a 7:45 ko. Add in that half the support there tonight are one game wonders/tynie day trippers. (you know who you are)
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Should be ashamed that they missed that heid.

But seriously, why even think about it. Bams will be bams I suppose

“Bams will be Bams, was always going to happen.” Unless Hibs fans call this behaviour out, it’s akin (though not as serious) as the refugee chant against a certain Jambo. Totally unacceptable and detracts from what was otherwise a brilliant support last night.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And all of the greasy tramps in the home end doing the same.
    Absolutely

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Never managed to get a ticket in the scramble. Might propose to chuck stuff on the pitch instead of watching the game if that helps.

Throwing stuff on the park is the mark of the moron. 'Ah but they are just young working class lads'. **** off with that nonsense. Social snobbery at it's worst implying they don't know any better. Plenty people that fit that description can go to the football without acting like a dick.

We had Hibs fans, quite rightly, calling out the club at the AGM for not tackling the issues with Celtic and Rangers. What moral high ground do we have now? Scottish football exists in a world of whataboutery and if our own house isn't in order then any statements about anyone else will be met with 'but what about that time......?'
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I was ashamed watching the behaviour of our ‘fans’ last night. It’s an embarrassing element of our support that act like wee neds. Some people just have no brains.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    A lot of coke fuelled neds in our support unfortunately. Becoming worse and worse.

Better behave a bit more mature or well get our allocation cut, that's a possibility..

All fun and games until both clubs close off sections of the Roseburn and the East Stand at respective grounds for Derbies.

Bunch of wee two can dans that cannae handle their drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    Better behave a bit more mature or well get our allocation cut, that's a possibility..
    If they were looking for a reason to do it, the chuckers might just have given them it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Throwing stuff on the park is the mark of the moron. 'Ah but they are just young working class lads'. **** off with that nonsense. Social snobbery at it's worst implying they don't know any better. Plenty people that fit that description can go to the football without acting like a dick.

We had Hibs fans, quite rightly, calling out the club at the AGM for not tackling the issues with Celtic and Rangers. What moral high ground do we have now? Scottish football exists in a world of whataboutery and if our own house isn't in order then any statements about anyone else will be met with 'but what about that time......?'
    Completely agree never an excuse.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Agree with the op. Throwing stuff on the park is just ridiculous and needs to stop.

Aside from the fact it's dangerous and could cause harm. It damages the reputation of the club and fans. Also not even 24hours after where the CEO has called out The Rangers and Celtic and may reduce their allocation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hearts do that to us know

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The missile throwing is definitely getting worse at Tynecastle. Only a matter time before someone does get hit by an object.

That said, I’m not going lie though, I was hoping the array of missiles and delays to clear pitch would be enough to put Shankland off.
    I think they actually focused him on the job in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The missile throwing is definitely getting worse at Tynecastle. Only a matter time before someone does get hit by an object.

That said, I’m not going lie though, I was hoping the array of missiles and delays to clear pitch would be enough to put Shankland off.
    Zander Clark got cut by a missile at Tynecastle thrown by Hibs fan not that long ago.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Hopefully one day the two "hold me back, Mummy" brigades on either side manage to break the lines of stewards so we can see just how good their boxing skills are.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    I think they actually focused him on the job in hand.
    Think you might be right.

Cowardly individuals bringing the reputation of the club down once again.

Now we all know Andy Walker is a complete roaster but last night he did say both sets of fans were a disgrace chucking items at opposition players taking corners/throw ins etc

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    And it would be justified.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Was always going to happen with a 7:45 ko. Add in that half the support there tonight are one game wonders/tynie day trippers. (you know who you are)
    Yeah I do, my first game at Tynie for years, had a few drinks before it too but never threw anything onto the pitch. 👍

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    BBC Scotland this morning focussing on the behaviour of fans rather than the penalty.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    BBC Scotland this morning focussing on the behaviour of fans rather than the penalty.
    Fact the folk throwing stuff on the pitch can't see that their behaviour gives the media all they need to sweep the poor officiating under the carpet as they can focus on the fan behaviour instead tell you everything you need to know about how much thought they put in to their actions.

It's attention seeking, nothing more.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    See all the folk making excuses for chucking the coins and vapes, you still be making excuses if our allocation gets cut and you canny get a ticket because of it? Because Hearts fans will be pushing for it, and they listen to their support.

Believe me I’ve done more stupid stuff than most when I’ve been full of it but lobbing coins and vapes and whatever else when you’ve just as much chance as hitting a Hibs player, or someone in your own support. Don’t get it
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oranje39 Wii Code: 0437 4985 6923 2377
    Yea, it was embarrassing to see. I agree they should all be banned for every ground in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

100% agree with this.

We know that any bad behaviour on our part will be highlighted just as bad behaviour on the part of the OF will be swept under the carpet and that the whataboutery police ( which includes the majority of our press and pundits ) are the first to play that particular card when anyone has the temerity to speak out against their beloved OF.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    See all the folk making excuses for chucking the coins and vapes, you still be making excuses if our allocation gets cut and you canny get a ticket because of it? Because Hearts fans will be pushing for it, and they listen to their support.

Believe me I’ve done more stupid stuff than most when I’ve been full of it but lobbing coins and vapes and whatever else when you’ve just as much chance as hitting a Hibs player, or someone in your own support. Don’t get it
    If they take a big chunk out of the allocation they have every justification to do so. It seems to be getting worse as well.

As for self policing, when I was 18/19 I tried to stop someone lobbing a bamboo flag pole at Hampden. I didn't manage to, and it hit a wee boy who was there with his grandad and resulted in lots of tears and I think they moved seats.

I got reems of abuse from the boy who threw it and all his pals, spitting at me and my friend and offering us out on stairs. We tried to ignore it and let it be, and eventually the thrower was ejected.

Fortunately the first half was so **** it was forgotten about - Falkirk semi.

Self policing will not work.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Throwing things at players is significantly worse than sectarian singing. It would be a massive brass neck from our club to call out other fans for songs while our own fans are regularly trying to injure opposition players. Based on last night and recent visits there, Hearts would be well within their rights to put up a net in front of the Hibs fans.

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Throwing things at players is significantly worse than sectarian singing. It would be a massive brass neck from our club to call out other fans for songs while our own fans are regularly trying to injure opposition players. Based on last night and recent visits there, Hearts would be well within their rights to put up a net in front of the Hibs fans.
    Certainly be but would have to put a net around other areas especially the corners for their fans too.....both clubs have to get together to get this stamped out....

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Hibs have already discussed the sectarian singing, it came up at the AGM, and there is another thread about it.

I think your bit I have put in bold may be the solution, sadly.

Was it the French visitors that threw the wine opener.