hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I read 70s and Motherwell I thought you were going to mention the infamous dart in the head incident!
    Heard it, but wasnae any of us.

Unlucky ground for us, once arrived early so went in early and my mate got lifted by Glasgow's finest for doing absolutely nothing.They just fanned out down the steps at the away end and grabbed a few bodies. Threw him out the ground, he kicked up hell to the top plod outside so they let him go but he had to pay in again

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    When I read 70s and Motherwell I thought you were going to mention the infamous dart in the head incident!
    Some Hibs support that day.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Looked like a bit of jostling between the Celtic keeper and Hearts fans yesterday.

Might come a point where the stadium itself is deemed not fit for purpose and they are instructed to remove fans from the first few rows around the whole ground. Fans are far too close to the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Looked like a bit of jostling between the Celtic keeper and Hearts fans yesterday.

Might come a point where the stadium itself is deemed not fit for purpose and they are instructed to remove fans from the first few rows around the whole ground. Fans are far too close to the pitch.
    https://twitter.com/KerryFail/status...781752597?s=19

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7enUp View Post
    It was horrific. Darts getting launched into the crowd, pieces of crumbling terraces being thrown back & forth, anyone brave enough to take their kid had some kind of helmet on them often as not, massive brawls on the terraces, leading to the perimeter and segregation fences at Easter Rd & Tynecastle, and all followed shortly after by the casuals culture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism_in_the_United_Kingdom#:~:text =Incidences%20of%20disorderly%20behaviour%20by,inc reased%20to%2025%20per%20season.
    I can remember battle lines getting drawn up on the terraces and the air being filled with missiles like bottles, golf balls, darts and stones before running battles taking place with scenes like out of Braveheart when both lines clashed. Before and after the game you would see smaller skirmishes taking place not only in and around the stadium but also up town and on public transport. Hard hats weren't just a fashion statement, they were necessary at some games.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I can remember battle lines getting drawn up on the terraces and the air being filled with missiles like bottles, golf balls, darts and stones before running battles taking place with scenes like out of Braveheart when both lines clashed. Before and after the game you would see smaller skirmishes taking place not only in and around the stadium but also up town and on public transport. Hard hats weren't just a fashion statement, they were necessary at some games.
    Yes had my own hard hat wore it in the cave and took it up to Aberdeen with me but had to bin it when got chased by the mental crew back in the seventies as it was slowing me down.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I don’t know if the link will work but this young guy’s YouTube channel is a good watch. He attended Tynecastle on Wednesday and filmed from the Wheatfield Stand.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=FQOY_sIA...-rqhD-I9lclLx9
    Some great shots of the Hibs end and some very enlightening images at the end of the game that have been conveniently ignored by the Hearts hierarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Take the front five rows out.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Take the front five rows out.

Hearts would take the pitch in a bit rather than lose a few thousand seats.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Hearts would take the pitch in a bit rather than lose a few thousand seats.
    That would then make their pitch too small, certainly for European games

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I can't believe he was stupid enough to go over to the touchline in the first place???
    Balls are all round the pitch, no need to even go there, so sorry, he's his own worst enemy!

That tin pot stadium should have the first 5 rows closed all round - away end too! It's just not a big enough area for a proper pitch and the associated run off.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    I can't believe he was stupid enough to go over to the touchline in the first place???
    Balls are all round the pitch, no need to even go there, so sorry, he's his own worst enemy!

A pro footballer should be allowed to stand 2m from the touch line without being assaulted

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    A pro footballer should be allowed to stand 2m from the touch line without being assaulted
    I actually think you’re both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    True story, in the 70's, one of my mates who worked in a store brought a till roll to a match at Motherwell.

A bit bigger, but narrower than a toilet roll. Looked about 100 yards long unfurled, Unashamedly chucked it on the pitch when Hibs scored but hadn't taken the tab off the end so it just landed with a thud and a splat on a muddy pitch.

Those were the days.

The izal toilet rolls would do some damage. Remember a Hearts Dundee game when Hearts were in the lower league and there was battles in the corner of covered terracing. Mercer went over to the corner to remenstate with the fans only to nearly be hit with a crowbar thrown from the crowd. In the early 70s painted crash helmets were worn by some fans.

Edit it might have been a game in the top league
    Last edited by gbhibby; 05-03-2024 at 05:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    The izal toilet rolls would do some damage. Remember a Hearts Dundee game when Hearts were in the lower league and there was battles in the corner of covered terracing. Mercer went over to the corner to remenstate with the fans only to nearly be hit with a crowbar thrown from the crowd. In the early 70s painted crash helmets were worn by some fans.
    Remember the devil's own bog rolls, iIzal and do recall the helmets or ones like them being around for sure. The Mercer one was news to me but it couldn't have happened to a better man just a pity it missed.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

To all the muppets who threw stuff on the pitch, I hope you can now fully see how your actions directly impact the club and fellow supporters. All you managed to do was to give the real problem makers an easy "whataboutery" retort.

The real difference between our club and the others, and it was highlighted in the recent Hibs statement, is that our club are willing to do something about stamping out the problems in the support. I hope everyone of you get found, charged and banned.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    To all the muppets who threw stuff on the pitch, I hope you can now fully see how your actions directly impact the club and fellow supporters. All you managed to do was to give the real problem makers an easy "whataboutery" retort.

The real difference between our club and the others, and it was highlighted in the recent Hibs statement, is that our club are willing to do something about stamping out the problems in the support. I hope everyone of you get found, charged and banned.
    I don't think they care, stuff will still be thrown, seats wrecked the Mercer song still sung and Hibs will be accused of hypocrisy.