hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clancy !!!

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Vargas is a cheating, diving wee ****
    Some people say I display apathy, but I don’t care what they think.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure it's corruption, just a typical Scottish referee, they all have an ego way bigger than any of the players. He just would not admit he'd got the initial call wrong.
    I agree. Scottish refs have had too much leeway and support over the years by the SFA / media to the point they feel bullet-proof. Their arrogance is off the scale, and no amount of VAR will fix this. All VAR does is highlights what we've know for years, and add to the frustration.

Either get rid of VAR or get rid of these egotistical refs who want to be the stars of the show.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plhibs View Post
    I've never understood why they have been allowed to have the monitor over at that side of the field, i have not seen that at any other game.
    They always have them near the tunnel area.
    Makes no sense not to be between the technical areas. Absolutely ridiculous it is in the crowd basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's not a penalty. I struggle to believe anyone can genuinely think that.
    Yep.

Jimmy ****ing Sandison was even saying it's not a penalty.

Fish has made a mistake with his touch and lack of awareness but the minimal contact was initiated by Vargas who then threw himself to the ground. The VAR refs, to their credit, seemed able to see it wasn't a penalty.

I think both last night and the St Mirren decision on Tuesday highligh that VAR isn't really the issue. On both occasions the tech has done it's job. It's incompetent, arrogant and cheating refs who are the problem in Scotland.

Contact does not equal a foul. There is a threshold of contact FFS. Fish is literally coming to a halt to avoid any foul.

Clancy is a disgrace and has been for years with us

Mind blowing there’s a million pound of funding for VAR yet it’s still part time amateurs on the park making decisions

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    He’s a useless ****. The only man in the stadium to think it was a penalty. Hibs should be publicly demanding the audio release of the conversation. Var actually did its job last night, the problem was that inept ******* refereeing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    In a nutshell, what we do about it though is the mystery, this has been going on for to long for it just to be crap referees when it comes to Hibs, right now all the refs just think Boyle is a diver and he hardly gets any of the decisions going his way, refs have made there mind up, if it’s Kyogo at celtc who likes a dive he gets a penalty.

We are being targeted by refs and it’s plain and simple, cheating.
    Nail on the head. They are desperate we don't make top 6. Recent games St Mirren two decisions against pen for us pen for them, Celtic two Hibs pens not seriously looked at, Aberdeen the most obvious handball pen ever, Derby never in a million years pen. My conservative estimate is that is 5 points we have lost one v Celtic, 2 each Sheep and gimps. That would comfortably have us top 6 and closing on Buddies.

Let's not forget Clancy was the ref 3 years ago when Morelos stamped on Porto. He was looking right at it and failed to send him off! Still corrupt even with VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    Let's not forget Clancy was the ref 3 years ago when Morelos stamped on Porto. He was looking right at it and failed to send him off! Still corrupt even with VAR.
    Who then went on to score the winner. Also ref when Itcham slapped Vela right in front of him and both players get yellow. Same game fourth official gives foul to Celtic. Clancy doesn't signal clearly half Hibs team up the field Celtic take foul and score. He has and always was an utterly appalling ref who seems to have some superior standing in the game think he heads up a refs union.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 29-02-2024 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGog View Post
    We have been on the end of some shocking ref / VAR decisions since it’s come into Scottish football. I’ve got to admit though it’s a penalty. The games gone soft and 15/20 year ago that’s no given.

Unfortunately we are in the era of the modern game. If Fish wins the ball and clears him it’s not a pen. He’s not won the ball and missed it, followed through and made contact.

It’s a pen.
    Never a penalty.

Watched it about 20 times and it’s more of a dive every time.

Fish stops his movement - goes past the Hearts player and the diving yam falls to the ground. Fish trailing leg brushes again the Hearts diver but if that happens in the steer are you telling me an adult will fall over ?? Hibs were shafted and that’s never been giving for Hibs at the other end or any team playing at Ibrox or Celtic park.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    Mind blowing there’s a million pound of funding for VAR yet it’s still part time amateurs on the park making decisions
    Hearts will pay more for VAR this season than Hibs.

The higher up you finish in the league the more you pay for VAR.

That was the agreement when it was brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Hearts will pay more for VAR this season than Hibs.

The higher up you finish in the league the more you pay for VAR.

That was the agreement when it was brought in.
    I’d pay more if it got us 3rd too

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    It's pretty telling that even Alan Preston and Neil McCann said it's never a penalty

Even Jimmy Sandison said he can see why hibs would be aggrieved - about as clear from any club TV will be about a ridiculous decision in a derby going in there favor

It must be about 99.5% against, .5% for

How anyone can claim it to be a penalty is beyond me, let alone a qualified ref who made a call on the park but then was given the benefit of watching it on multiple replays

Again, it's one you'd see in England, the commentary team would laugh about it and it would be quickly overturned

Up here though it feels like an absolute lottery what happens

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    An absolute disgrace of a decision.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Is it confirmed that Clancy is a Hearts fan?

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Bobby Madden on Instagram saying it's not a penalty https://www.instagram.com/reel/C37FJydsRn7/?igsh=MTh0enlxMWd2dW9iMA==

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Madden
    Clip 6
    On-field decision - Penalty
    VAR Intervention - Yes, on-field review suggested

I will always sympathise with on field decisions as you only get one look, and it's never as clear as it may appear on TV. Forget all the phrases, clear and obvious, elements to support, clear evidence, what does football expect etc. This isn't a publishable decision, it's no more than normal football contract which the attacker exaggerates. VAR does it's job and recommends an on field review. [Clancy] then decides to stick with his original decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Is it confirmed that Clancy is a Hearts fan?
    Wouldn't have thought so given he is from the West.

I knew as soon as he went over he would stick by his decision, all game giving them fouls simply by being touched and flinging themselves to the ground whilst ignoring the same sort of challenges on us, rocky booking shambles never gave a free kick never even signalled advantage just booked him Purley on shanklands reaction, shankland miraculous recovery as soon as the yellow was produced. Got to call it out or it will come back to bite us and he will be given another important game against us. Pens totally ruining the game now.

Clancy is one of the very few referees in the country that isn’t based in the West coast, he’s in Edinburgh.

Why would the league put him on the Edinburgh derby of all games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the coming together with Miller and their boy in the box hadn't happened 5 seconds earlier then he doesn't give that pen. The fact the yam hordes were still foaming at not getting a pen there was a factor in his decision imo. Blind arrogance not to overturn his on field decision. Another absolute roaster of a referee.

Should hang his head in shame .will do it again though .

Alan Muir on VAR surprisingly got it right last night in calling Clancy to review his decision. The fact Clancy stood by his original inexplicable decision is bizarre. We should be asking the authorities for an explanation on Clancy's decision making. They also should be reviewing it and demoting him for a period as was done in 2019, coincidentally after a game involving us.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    A decision made with total and utter arrogance as there is no fear of any consequences for getting it so badly wrong.

I don't want to see this wee prick near a Hibs game again. If he is we should make the whole experience an absolute nightmare for him. Sick to death of us being on the end of corrupt decisions from these cheating *******s.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Not sure it's corruption, just a typical Scottish referee, they all have an ego way bigger than any of the players. He just would not admit he'd got the initial call wrong.
    This.

Versus the bigots, yeah,theyll cheat because of their allegiance/fear of reprisal.

The rest of the time, it's all about their ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It doesn’t really help that the VAR monitor is halfway up the Wheatfield stand. Obviously Clancy’s ego won’t allow him to accept an erroneous call, but being surrounded by braying maroon clad imbeciles while viewing reruns isn’t exactly a neutral space to be doing so.
    The monitor location at swynecastle is unbelievable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's not a penalty. I struggle to believe anyone can genuinely think that.
    Maybe for the select group of people who think contact = penalty?

I actually quite like and agree with Bobby Madden’s comments - I have sympathy for decisions being given at one look and in real time. With the benefit of VAR though, this one is inexcusable.

The whole problem is that VAR is often used, frame by frame, to find contact and make a decision. That misses the point. I’d be more inclined to want to see a challenge from several angles, at normal time, to establish whether or not a foul had occurred, sufficient contact to impede a player. On this occasion that clearly hadn’t happened.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGog View Post
    We have been on the end of some shocking ref / VAR decisions since it’s come into Scottish football. I’ve got to admit though it’s a penalty. The games gone soft and 15/20 year ago that’s no given.

Unfortunately we are in the era of the modern game. If Fish wins the ball and clears him it’s not a pen. He’s not won the ball and missed it, followed through and made contact.

It’s a pen.
    You're talking Will Fish.

First thing my current bun colleague said to me today was 'wtf was going on for that non pen last night'.

I'm not sure about corruption, probably more of a wolloper trying to save face. For him to have been asked to go and take a look, its enough for clear and obvious - so what the F does he see when he looks at it?

I think the hibs CEO has to discuss this matter with the SFA.

Tell the SFA exactly what rangers do and say we don’t want him to referee anymore of our games. He should have to explain why that was a penalty when no one else thought it was.

If any of us did our job as bad we would be out of a job. Should be sane fir Scottish refs

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    I think the hibs CEO has to discuss this matter with the SFA.

Tell the SFA exactly what rangers do and say we don’t want him to referee anymore of our games. He should have to explain why that was a penalty when no one else thought it was.

If any of us did our job as bad we would be out of a job. Should be sane fir Scottish refs
    This will never catch on too much common sense in this post McFly