hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clancy !!!

@hibs.net private member
    The audio from Scottish VAR needs to be made public with decisions such as these…. We have seen it regularly down south and it goes a long way to building trust with the supporters. By not doing it up here all they are doing is making these decisions seem corrupt from a superficial point of view, an explanation as to why the penalty was given would at least open up the discussion…. I suspect it isn’t made public is down to the fact that so many of our officials make huge errors regularly, thus showing they are not good enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    My heart sank when i saw him walking out the tunnel tonight, you know what’s coming with him.

He knows he’s made a mistake but went with it anyway. Terrible, terrible decision.

Boyle got booked against Celtic for significantly more contact than that.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Cheat. It’s the only explanation.

The decisions and non decisions we’ve had in the last few weeks has been a joke.

@hibs.net private member
    Like a few of them he is simply corrupt mixed with a massive slice of arrogance. At some point they will need to start looking at betting patterns for refereeing decisions when we are involved. Bear in mind they beat us at ER when Rocky was clearly fouled for their goal too. At least Montgomery was pretty strong about it in the interview so perhaps we have started to grow a pair after decades of simply bending over.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough. It was some other cheating prick.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Yep same horse different jockey

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    My heart sank when i saw him walking out the tunnel tonight, you know what’s coming with him.

He knows he’s made a mistake but went with it anyway. Terrible, terrible decision.

Boyle got booked against Celtic for significantly more contact than that.
    Which the pundits won't talk about.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    The only person I've heard in the media say it was a penalty was Steven Naismith and even he didn't say it with any confidence

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It doesn’t really help that the VAR monitor is halfway up the Wheatfield stand. Obviously Clancy’s ego won’t allow him to accept an erroneous call, but being surrounded by braying maroon clad imbeciles while viewing reruns isn’t exactly a neutral space to be doing so.

This is a very serious point

Clown. Call it out.

It doesn’t really help that the VAR monitor is halfway up the Wheatfield stand. Obviously Clancy’s ego won’t allow him to accept an erroneous call, but being surrounded by braying maroon clad imbeciles while viewing reruns isn’t exactly a neutral space to be doing so.
    Hibs should just put their monitor in the East Stand.

The rules should state the monitor is in between the dugouts in safe area.

Any other clubs have the monitor in such a dodgy position ?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Hibs should just put their monitor in the East Stand.

The rules should state the monitor is in between the dugouts in safe area.

Any other clubs have the monitor in such a dodgy position ?
    Is there a dodgier position in Scottish football?

to be fare to VAR they did the job correctly, hey ref no danger is that a pen, the screen said *** the hibs

Cheating *******

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    I wonder if he is as bad in his day job as an Edinburgh based solicitor. Would you feel confident being represented by this clown.

Which firm?

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Which firm?
    Shepherd & Wedderburn. Just moved into the new offices at Haymarket.

Which firm?
    Corrupt, Jambo, Feckyr and Fud.

Which firm?
    An old firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    The only person I've heard in the media say it was a penalty was Steven Naismith and even he didn't say it with any confidence

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    … and he isn’t even in the media .. he’s their manager .. lol … but yeh, I get your point … even he was wriggling round the question, as you’d expect him to do I guess

I've never understood why they have been allowed to have the monitor over at that side of the field, i have not seen that at any other game.
    They always have them near the tunnel area.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A cheat.

No qualified referee who was being honest could be told by another ref that there was a chance he had made an error and might want to look, watch the footage we all saw and then still award a penalty.

A mixture of corruption and extreme arrogance saw our faces essentially rubbed in it tonight. He knows he is immune to any repercussions. He'll be rewarded by getting another Premierhsip game and picking up his near £1000 at the weekend again. No consequences whatsoever.
    In a nutshell, what we do about it though is the mystery, this has been going on for to long for it just to be crap referees when it comes to Hibs, right now all the refs just think Boyle is a diver and he hardly gets any of the decisions going his way, refs have made there mind up, if it’s Kyogo at celtc who likes a dive he gets a penalty.

We are being targeted by refs and it’s plain and simple, cheating.

Promising Youngster
    We have been on the end of some shocking ref / VAR decisions since it’s come into Scottish football. I’ve got to admit though it’s a penalty. The games gone soft and 15/20 year ago that’s no given.

Unfortunately we are in the era of the modern game. If Fish wins the ball and clears him it’s not a pen. He’s not won the ball and missed it, followed through and made contact.

It’s a pen.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGog View Post
    We have been on the end of some shocking ref / VAR decisions since it’s come into Scottish football. I’ve got to admit though it’s a penalty. The games gone soft and 15/20 year ago that’s no given.

Unfortunately we are in the era of the modern game. If Fish wins the ball and clears him it’s not a pen. He’s not won the ball and missed it, followed through and made contact.

It’s a pen.
    Never a penalty.

@hibs.net private member

It’s a pen.
    Fish has taken a touch in a tight situation and seen Forest late as he sets to clear - Forest gets to the ball first - Fish manages to avoid contact on Forest with his foot but can't avoid making contact hip to hip due to momentum. Fish is a big lad and Forest is light and it's enough to make Forest go down - so I can see why Clancy's awarded a penalty.

If it was Boyle of course, Clancy would have booked him for diving and the papers all would be calling him a cheat tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Fish has taken a touch in a tight situation and seen Forest late as he sets to clear - Forest gets to the ball first - Fish manages to avoid contact on Forest with his foot but can't avoid making contact hip to hip due to momentum. Fish is a big lad and Forest is light and it's enough to make Forest go down - so I can see why Clancy's awarded a penalty.

If it was Boyle of course, Clancy would have booked him for diving and the papers all would be calling him a cheat tomorrow.

it was Vargas, not the first time he was on his erky quite easily

Obviously a guy who failed trying to be a footballer, now he's doubled up as an effing useless cheating bassa

Coaching Staff
    I reckon he’s originally thought Fish had missed the ball and kicked the Jambo as I did, and pointed to the spot.

After being called to the VAR he’s thought ‘how do I get out of this one without being seen as a numpty’ and has chosen to award the penalty on account of Fish being airborne and making slight contact with the Jambo.

He can argue that, but if that is consistently applied then every corner that comes into the box must end in one of two ways ..either a penalty or a free kick to the defending team because of bodily contact.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post

Listen I do agree it’s very soft. I hate how the game is atm, it’s a contact sport and I wish we could go back to the days of this not being a pen.

But in the here and now, the current state of affairs the game is in that’s a penalty.

100% Boyle would be booked and lambasted for it!

I just feel this one isn’t is bad as the others we’ve had. What annoys me the most is it seems our phases of attack where incidents occur never get checked by VAR. perfect example being the Vente foul for the pen in the semi final. Wasn’t even checked. The next day THE Rangers have an almost identical scenario play out, the game comes to a halt as they check the suspected incident.

Listen I do agree it’s very soft. I hate how the game is atm, it’s a contact sport and I wish we could go back to the days of this not being a pen.

But in the here and now, the current state of affairs the game is in that’s a penalty.

I just feel this one isn’t is bad as the others we’ve had. What annoys me the most is it seems our phases of attack where incidents occur never get checked by VAR. perfect example being the Vente foul for the pen in the semi final. Wasn’t even checked. The next day THE Rangers have an almost identical scenario play out, the game comes to a halt as they check the suspected incident.
    It's not a penalty in any state of the game. I've never seen one like it, ever, anywhere, at all. That's why var told the ref to look again. About 1 in every 500 decisions ends up not changing when that happens.

Shocker.
    Clancy and his pals will be howling at this.
    Add it to the collection of Griffiths free kick at ER.
    The header two yards onside at the pbs.
    Oli Shaws goal but not goal at the pbs.
    The boy here kicked fishes back standing foot and flailed to the ground like he’d been hit by a sniper.
    And Clancy is looking at this over and over

It's not a penalty. I struggle to believe anyone can genuinely think that.