hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Monty

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need a win on Saturday. Then I can start looking at things more positively.
    That’s my thinking. We need top six. Anything less is a major fail.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster
    Yes there has been a change of shape but also style.

We are going more direct at times and I applaud that. Stretch the game and now you have good footballers player 20/30 yards up the pitch rather than in their own box.

It’s not long ball but it’s playing in the right areas. We look a different team!

Does he need results? Absolutely, Monty will know that. I wanted him gone a few weeks ago yet here I am disappointed with a point in Aberdeen, a point from Tynie and a shambolic refereeing performance with 1-2 against Celtic.

Not many times in 30+ years I’ve felt disappointed with those results
    Last edited by Murphys Touch; 28-02-2024 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphys Touch View Post

We are going more direct at times and I applaud that. Stretch the game and now you have good footballers player 20/30 yards up the pitch rather than in their own box.

It’s not long ball but it’s playing in the right areas. We look a different team!
    I said the same thing earlier today, it’s horses for courses. We were far too predictable and now we are employing different tactics for every game. It’s working so far 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Marcondes was raging he got taken off - didn't look like a guy that was knackered to me.
    I never really noticed him raging to be honest. I wouldn’t have taken him off when he was about to take a corner right enough.

I didn’t really think the changes we made killed us as suggested earlier. There has been times when Montgomery has made some questionable subs, I thought his subs were crap at the weekend. But tonight I thought they were mainly down to fitness. Moriah-Welsh needed to go off before he did (and would have if Amos had been there) and I didn’t really think Marcondes was in it second half.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphys Touch View Post

Does he need results? Absolutely, Monty will know that. I wanted him gone a few weeks ago yet here I am disappointed with a point in Aberdeen, a point from Tynie and a shambolic refereeing performance with 1-2 against Celtic.

Not many times in 30+ years I’ve felt disappointed with that we results
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    I said the same thing earlier today, it’s horses for courses. We were far too predictable and now we are employing different tactics for every game. It’s working so far ��
    Agree to a certain extent - but lets be honest, we've now got a couple of 40 grand a week players in the team, added Moriah Welsh who is an upgrade on those before him and also got Boyle, Miller & Rocky back from international duty.

Agree to a certain extent - but lets be honest, we've now got a couple of 40 grand a week players in the team, added Moriah Welsh who is an upgrade on those before him and also got Boyle, Miller & Rocky back from international duty.
    Moriah-Welsh might just be what keeps Monty in a job. He’s the type of midfielder we have needed since Gogic. And he look like an upgrade on Gogic as well.
    Obviously helped by the creative quality of Marcondes.
    Midfield looks as good as it has for a long time.
    Now need to sort daft errors at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Moriah-Welsh might just be what keeps Monty in a job. He’s the type of midfielder we have needed since Gogic. And he look like an upgrade on Gogic as well.
    Obviously helped by the creative quality of Marcondes.
    Midfield looks as good as it has for a long time.
    Now need to sort daft errors at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s amazing news. Let’s be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    That’s amazing news. Let’s be positive.
    Yes exactly - we actually have an obvious starting eleven with some very good players in it. Team picks itself just now, which we couldn't have said recently.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Aberdeen sacked their manager this time last year Matty, won nine of their last 15 games (including seven in a row) and finished three points above Hearts when they’d been ten behind.

You can see why they thought it was worth trying again, they obviously thought that someone else could get more out of the squad there. Last year they brought the right man in, and he did just that - but it’s looking like they’ve made the wrong appointment.
    He wasn’t the right man for long.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Promising Youngster
    We do - yep and that helps

But in the 4-4-2 and slow ponderous style of pre February, these players would be getting square balls with their back to goal on our 18 yard line…..I reckon they’d be overran too.

I’m encouraged but also angry it took that long to change things….probably cost him his job

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I never really noticed him raging to be honest. I wouldn’t have taken him off when he was about to take a corner right enough.

I didn’t really think the changes we made killed us as suggested earlier. There has been times when Montgomery has made some questionable subs, I thought his subs were crap at the weekend. But tonight I thought they were mainly down to fitness. Moriah-Welsh needed to go off before he did (and would have if Amos had been there) and I didn’t really think Marcondes was in it second half.
    There are Hearts fans even pointing out how daft that decision was:

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index...mment=10209694

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He wasn’t the right man for long.
    Football managers rarely are these days. He was the right man for what they wanted to achieve last season.

I do. When I listen to our manager being interviewed, I want him to come across well and I want him to not only convince the players he’s the man to lead our club but I want him to convince me and every other Hibs supporter. Surely tae **** you get that?
    Nothing wrong with his interview in the first place.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Tough but true, Levitt and Youan (previous starters) weekend us when they came on.
    It is a shame Amos wasn't available to come on. Hopefully nothing serious with him

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Nothing wrong with his interview in the first place.
    Absolutely. He speaks clearly and to the point. Moronic to say otherwise. He isn't reciting Shakespeare ffs

Promising Youngster
    I actually think in last few weeks we’ve seen a bit fire in his interviews. Yea he rambles on and is repetitive but he is also aware one wrong word could be taken out of context too

We are getting a bit insecure and dramatic a little aren’t we

I honestly thought Triantis came on and done well last night. Played a beauty of a "long" ball that I think led to Obita hitting the post and got stuck in, won a few headers. So helped out defensively

We'd lost the tenacity of Moriah-Welsh, and none of Maolida, Boyle and Youan were gonna track back (the latter 2 pulled pressure on us with half hearted attempts at clearances actually) so having Triantis supporting Rocky and Fish allowed our full backs to cover the space vacated by our wingers

I can also kind of see where the comments RE interviews come from. Maybe he's just not the most natural interviewee.

Most important thing is that players and people around the club buy in to monty and from what I see and hear, he's a great leader

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliEater View Post
    I expect you to back him now as strongly as you were criticising him previously, as he has met your criteria for being a good manager.

From the Ian Murray thread:
    "Rovers have been on a horrendous run but they've pulled it out the bag in their biggest game of the season just as they did at Tannadice. With one game they've kept themselves in the title race. That's the sign of a good manager."

Swap Rovers for Hibs and Title for Top 6, and the Dundee game puts him straight into good manager territory. I look forward to your new found positivity
    Bit of a difference with Murray and Montgomery though. Murray is joint top of the league in March when his team have no right to be. Id love for Montgomery to have us punching above our weight at this stage of the season. We haven't pulled anything out the bag yet either, we're still languishing in the bottom six. He's got a long way to go before he shows he's a good manager.

If we finish top six i'll be happy to give him credit but we should be nowhere near the bottom six. I hope he goes on to be a success at Hibs. He's got an unbelievable chance to do that with the players and funds at our disposal now. He seems to be going in the right direction, finally.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Bit of a difference with Murray and Montgomery though. Murray is joint top of the league in March when his team have no right to be. Id love for Montgomery to have us punching above our weight at this stage of the season. We haven't pulled anything out the bag yet either, we're still languishing in the bottom six. He's got a long way to go before he shows he's a good manager.

If we finish top six i'll be happy to give him credit but we should be nowhere near the bottom six. I hope he goes on to be a success at Hibs. He's got an unbelievable chance to do that with the players and funds at our disposal now. He seems to be going in the right direction, finally.
    Murray's probably not had referees making sure Raith aren't getting the points they should from games, though.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Why have Raith no right to be joint top of the table?

Dundee Utd have had some terrible results with losses in league and cups against Spartans, Partick, Falkirk, Raith twice, Morton and Airdrie
    Also drawing against Dunfermline twice, Morton, Raith, ICT, QOS, Queens Park.

Dundee Utd are 5th on current form taking 10 points out of the last 18

Raith Rovers are actually 6th on current form taking 7 from 18.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It's getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Why have Raith no right to be joint top of the table?

Dundee Utd have had some terrible results with losses in league and cups against Spartans, Partick, Falkirk, Raith twice, Morton and Airdrie
    Also drawing against Dunfermline twice, Morton, Raith, ICT, QOS, Queens Park.

Dundee Utd are 5th on current form taking 10 points out of the last 18

Raith Rovers are actually 6th on current form taking 7 from 18.
    Budgets. Dundee United should be top, by a distance. Rovers are punching way above their weight. And good on them.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I do. When I listen to our manager being interviewed, I want him to come across well and I want him to not only convince the players he’s the man to lead our club but I want him to convince me and every other Hibs supporter. Surely tae **** you get that?
    Agreed.

Might not be the most important thing in the world, but I like it when our managers come across well in interviews.

NM doesn't inspire any sort of confidence and mostly seems unsure of what he's saying.

If the team wins, it's pretty much irrelevant, but when we lose, it adds to the feeling of wtf is going on!!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Absolutely. He speaks clearly and to the point. Moronic to say otherwise. He isn't reciting Shakespeare ffs
    How is it moronic? Just because you don't agree?

Some of his interviews have been atrociously bad.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Agreed.

Might not be the most important thing in the world, but I like it when our managers come across well in interviews.

NM doesn't inspire any sort of confidence and mostly seems unsure of what he's saying.

If the team wins, it's pretty much irrelevant, but when we lose, it adds to the feeling of wtf is going on!!
    Bloody hell. Banged on about his formation for long enough, he’s now changed that so you want to call him out on his interview technique?

Suppose it means we must be doing a bit better on the park

He's came through what was an on paper tough mini run of games with Celtic, Aberdeen away, a bit of a top half 6 pointer against Dundee, an away Edinburgh Derby, and potentially a little bit of a banana skin cup tie up in the Highlands.

He's came out of that run with some credit in the bank for improved performances and if it were not for some dodgy refereeing decisions you could probably add an extra win or two into the mix. We've done enough to keep the hopes of our season alive going into a much more favourable run of fixtures.

The hard work doesn't really stop though and a win on Saturday is still very much needed, and I think there's a bit more belief about us now that we could go out and give someone a skelping soon.

Budgets. Dundee United should be top, by a distance. Rovers are punching way above their weight. And good on them.
    Or flip it Dundee Utd should be doing much better with their budget than they are? Maybe with Rivets budget they are getting the performances they should be getting 😁

It's a tough league down there and I normally enjoy the games on a Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    Bloody hell. Banged on about his formation for long enough, he’s now changed that so you want to call him out on his interview technique?

Suppose it means we must be doing a bit better on the park
    The thread is called Monty.
    That means we can speak all things Monty both good and bad because this isn’t North Korea.
    I don’t think he comes across at all well tbh but as long as we are winning football matches, that’s really all that matters.
    When we’re not winning football matches, all his weaknesses will come to the fore and this is definitely one he could do with polishing up on.