hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Monty

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It took him very close to being sacked to suddenly play 3 in the middle.

Plenty of games we chucked points away playing 4-4-2 or similar.
    It also took the signing of two very good midfielders.

2. Log in to remove the advert

There are still people desperately looking for negatives

I thought we played very well tonight and look pretty useful. We dont make enough of the chances we have and dont get the breaks. The VAR decision was a shocket

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    There are still people desperately looking for negatives

I thought we played very well tonight and look pretty useful. We dont make enough of the chances we have and dont get the breaks. The VAR decision was a shocket
    The referee's decision was a shocker. Clearly VAR wanted him to change it.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    I didn't understand why he took Vente off for a defender but his team selection tonight was good and we pissed all over them bar the win because of a ****ing scandalous call.
    You must have watched from the wrong end……he didn’t take Vente off for a defender.

Unless you consider Youan a defender, that is

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Killed us offensively with his subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This 100%.

Taking off Marcondes and putting on Triantis is a scandalous decision in itself. But to take off our best corner taker, when we are ABOUT to take a corner? And then Boyle hits first man with the corner. MArcondes was raging he was getting taken off - no justification for it whatsoever.

Also he should have put Youan up front when he took Vente off instead of switching Maolida with him.

Just heard Monty's interview too on Sportscene - FFS will he actually just have the balls to properly slam a disgraceful decision?

Honestly I'm so pissed off tonight - good performance, battered Hearts overall, but its another missed opportunity. The referee has shafted us but the manager has to take some blame.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This 100%.

Taking off Marcondes and putting on Triantis is a scandalous decision in itself. But to take off our best corner taker, when we are ABOUT to take a corner? And then Boyle hits first man with the corner. MArcondes was raging he was getting taken off - no justification for it whatsoever.

Also he should have put Youan up front when he took Vente off instead of switching Maolida with him.

Just heard Monty's interview too on Sportscene - FFS will he actually just have the balls to properly slam a disgraceful decision?
    Marcondes was absolutely goosed

He wasn't raging at all after being subbed

I don't get what you want - him to go full Lennon and banned for the next crucial games?

It's obvious to all he was angry about the decision but he didn't say enough to get into bother

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callum_62; 28-02-2024 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Moriah-Welsh was gubbed. When his number went up he sat down because he was that gubbed. If Amos had been on the bench he’d have been off sooner IMO.
    Marcondes was raging he got taken off - didn't look like a guy that was knackered to me.

Tough but true, Levitt and Youan (previous starters) weekend us when they came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

He was livid - I was staring right at him. Threw his arms up in the air.

Gamer IDs

He was livid - I was staring right at him. Threw his arms up in the air.
    Was that after he prised them from his knees?

He was absolutely deid on his feet

Monty may well have bought himself more time but he really needs to polish up his interview technique which is a huge part of convincing supporters that your the man to lead us.

I can’t say he’s very convincing and seems to struggle to string a coherent sentence together.
    As long as we keep seeing improvement on the park, that’s all that really matters for now but the Wolves that were circling haven’t gone too far I fear.

This 100%.

Honestly I'm so pissed off tonight - good performance, battered Hearts overall, but its another missed opportunity. The referee has shafted us but the manager has to take some blame.
    to acknowledge a good performance, acknowledge we battered them and STILL end your post questioning the manager says a lot about you. absolutely no need for negativity tonight, is it really too much to accept we were shafted by the ref and finish by praising the manager for setting up a team to play so well and be wrongly denied the win?

I don't get what you want - him to go full Lennon and banned for the next crucial games?

It's obvious to all he was angry about the decision but he didn't say enough to get into bother

Who cares if he gets into "bother"? Call out a disgraceful decision properly so the full focus is on it. Honestly the fact you are disagreeing with me is always a good thing. I actually cant think of anyone on this sites opinion that I respect less.

Was that after he prised them from his knees?

He was absolutely deid on his feet

Utter bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    Monty may well have bought himself more time but he really needs to polish up his interview technique which is a huge part of convincing supporters that your the man to lead us.

I can’t say he’s very convincing and seems to struggle to string a coherent sentence together.
    As long as we keep seeing improvement on the park, that’s all that really matters for now but the Wolves that were circling haven’t gone too far I fear.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Marcondes was raging he got taken off - didn't look like a guy that was knackered to me.
    A minute or so before he was hooked he tried to sprint and couldn’t, he was absolutely burst.

Gamer IDs

Who cares if he gets into "bother"? Call out a disgraceful decision properly so the full focus is on it. Honestly the fact you are disagreeing with me is always a good thing. I actually cant think of anyone on this sites opinion that I respect less.
    Haha..fair doos mate

Classy as always

This 100%.

Balls. The subs made sense. As angry as we were about the decision, a point away at hearts isnt a bad result and they were threatening at that point.

He had us set up well. Motivated. Undone by a few mental errors and a scandalous refereeing decision. It would be classy to give some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Tough but true, Levitt and Youan (previous starters) weekend us when they came on.
    I actually felt near the end if we were going to do something it was through Elie, the only issue was he was being his daft self and slowing it up and losing it at times so the same could be said for them too.

For me I think I'd have liked to have seen Vente stay on the park and in the box but he seemed to want to go for the counter attack/in behind approach towards the end which I'm never sure really works at Tyne considering how tight and deep they can be.

Gamer IDs

Utter bollocks.
    It's not

A corner a minute or so before he was subbed he was literaly crouched over hands on his knees

I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw that and it will absolutely be backed up by the stats on the monitors they wear

Ofcourse you might see the player throw his hands up which obviously renders him raring to go for another lung busting 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    to acknowledge a good performance, acknowledge we battered them and STILL end your post questioning the manager says a lot about you. absolutely no need for negativity tonight, is it really too much to accept we were shafted by the ref and finish by praising the manager for setting up a team to play so well and be wrongly denied the win?
    It's possible to do both. It's another missed opportunity in our pathetic derby history. Monty doesn't have enough credit in the bank for his errors to be ignored - I think there were errors tonight and its its fair to call them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post

would that be yam in wolves clothing - you couldn't be any more obvious. it must hurt to know you lot were played off the park. no justification for a true hibs fan to criticise him for his post match interview. he was emotional at being denied a deserved win, unfortunately for us Clancy was making sure he'd play his part in helping you to get a point. away to kickback eh?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Found a few of his substitutions this season to be strange tbh as if he is doing it just for the sake of it

Remember all the tinkering about with centre backs in the second half of games earlier in the season?

Tonight just played into Hearts’ hands we were on the ascendency pushing for a goal and effectively pushing for a sixth place finish Hearts are in third place and happy to slow the game down kill the game and take the point so why take off your best most dangerous creative player ?

The player’s reaction tells you all you need to know

It's possible to do both. It's another missed opportunity in our pathetic derby history. Monty doesn't have enough credit in the bank for his errors to be ignored - I think there were errors tonight and it'sits fair to call them out.
    my point is that in all of the negativity around this place, it takes quite some character trait to want to highlight negatives on what was otherwise a positive night. I'm just sick of folk actively seeking opportunities out to put the manager down. it may be possible, but IMO it's not needed and uncalled for. maybe you just like the misery eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    would that be yam in wolves clothing - you couldn't be any more obvious. it must hurt to know you lot were played off the park. no justification for a true hibs fan to criticise him for his post match interview. he was emotional at being denied a deserved win, unfortunately for us Clancy was making sure he'd play his part in helping you to get a point. away to kickback eh?
    I thought his interview was fine. Not that i think it matters as much as what goes on in the dressing room regardless, but it was angry, spirited and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Found a few of his substitutions this season to be strange tbh as if he is doing it just for the sake of it

Remember all the tinkering about with centre backs in the second half of games earlier in the season?

Tonight just played into Hearts’ hands we were on the ascendency pushing for a goal and effectively pushing for a sixth place finish Hearts are in third place and happy to slow the game down kill the game and take the point so why take off your best most dangerous and creative player ?

The player’s reaction tells you all you need to know
    Marcondes was clearly pissed off - loads around us at the game talking about it.

We played some great stuff. Mental if anyone doesn’t want to stick and invest in this.

Marcondes was clearly pissed off - loads around us at the game talking about it.
    Emi would play till he dropped but was clearly struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I thought his interview was fine. Not that i think it matters as much as what goes on in the dressing room regardless, but it was angry, spirited and clear.
    NM was obviously raging and was trying to avoid going tonto.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Ellie Youan is like that boy you played football with at primary school

The one that didn’t pass but when he does your marked

Such a frustrating player at times

The one time he did pass i don’t know mailoda missed the header