hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team V Hearts

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having him, Vente, Boyle, Maolida all in the same side at Tynecastle looks a bit lightweight on paper.

Marcondes is quality but in the St Mirren game and at times against Dundee I felt he was struggling with the physicality and niggly fouls of the opposition, which is only going to be worse against Hearts.

I'd probably go with the same team as Saturday but wouldn't be opposed to getting another central midfielder in there to help out.

I've been one of Levitt's biggest critics this season but he tackles and intercepts more than Marcondes would.
    He won us a penalty and was crucial to the second goal against Dundee. Dropping him would be negligence on behalf of the manager.

Levitt is nowhere near Emi's standard. We've got MW and Newell to make the tackles.

Re being lightweight Vente can hold his own and Maolida is an absolute unit. We need the front three to be mobile and quick.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    He won us a penalty and was crucial to the second goal against Dundee. Dropping him would be negligence on behalf of the manager.

Levitt is nowhere near Emi's standard. We've got MW and Newell to make the tackles.

Re being lightweight Vente can hold his own and Maolida is an absolute unit. We need the front three to be mobile and quick.
    Bang on,
    We need to play to our strengths, let them worry about the threat we pose.
    We ain't lightweight, not even close.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Need Boyle not doing his usual tynie disappearing tonight. Newell usually plays fine there.
    Yes, Boyle is critical tonight. Hope he has a brilliant game. Same team as Saturday for me.

I'd go with the same team. Credit where it's due, they played well on Saturday.

Left by mutual consent!
    L[QUOTE=Bakerman;7598434]Yes, Boyle is critical tonight. Hope he has a brilliant game. Same team as Saturday for me.[/QUOTE]

Minus Will Fish.

I’d go same team as Saturday.

Why change a winning formula?

Same team as Saturday.

And certainly no dropping the best player in either squad to make it a battle or whatever. Derbies are often decided with one defining moment or one bit of class in a mire of mediocrity and it would be mad to drop a guy capable of producing that.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    If I was forced to make just one change then I’d take off Vente and replace him with Amos. Put them a front 3 of Boyle, Maolida and Marcondes to rotate across the line.