hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An interesting night thus far.

Turnover up, expected to be approx £15M but could rise higher. Ticketing and football turnover down slightly largely attibuted to poorer on field performance. Big investment in playing staff, women's team, other infrastructure and so on.

Big plans for the Famous Five. Clubstorw and ticket office upgrades, committed to a 'community hub'. Further hospitality upgrades planned.

No external debt exxept an interest free loan to the govt. Will allow investment on the park and contribute to an increased budget.

Black Knight will allow us to share expertise and thus grow the on and off field stuff. They will have two directors at Hibs with no affiliation to another club. Hibs remain independent. We sign who we want, play who we want and sell to who we want.

Aim is to be sustainable at a higher level. Future investment will be capital calls, possibly donations. Not loans.

A home for the women's team at an 'altenrayive venue'.

Foley is a football man who just loves the process and believes in the multi club structure.

A myriad of other questions about a range of issues, largely well received and answered.

Resolutions all passed. Malcolm McPherson very happy and pays tribute to the Gordons.

Sure someone can be more comprehensive but that's a snapshot of some of what was discussed.

Yeah but no but - are the corners being filled in?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    What's the plans for the Famous Five? And was there any detail given to investment in the training ground?
    Think the reopening of BTG has already been announced? Plus safe standing.

Training ground - full size hybrid pitch?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post

Plus free community use for charities, food bank type thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Was never in danger of not going through. Wait until the support see the detailed plans for the future, it’s going to be very exciting times ahead
    Looking forward to seeing what’s planned!

Coaching Staff
    I think the speed with which the club statement was posted shows that. Mind you they could have had a couple of different statements ready just in case....
    It was all agreed as far back as December GG, I think I posted as such after the December derby after speaking to a director. The detailed plans had already been submitted and there had been tacit approval at that point from the authorities. Word of caution though, don’t expect all this money going to the first team initially- but there’ll be cash there if and when required. The indoor facility at HTC is a priority.

Excellent news😀maolida and Marcondes permanently 🙏🤑

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Plus free community use for charities, food bank type thing too.
    Yes - other bits and bobs to satisfy the commitments to the SFA re community involvement.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what’s planned!
    I did tell ya buddy 😜 hope you’re well.

I must admit that I haven’t the foggiest about what this deal will actually mean in real terms for the club and more importantly the quality of the team on the park.

There’s plenty predictions of doom and gloom from certain quarters as you would expect.

However if it means we get players on loan like that of the quality of Myziane Maolida then I’ll bite your hand off!

Here’s hoping this isn’t a false dawn and is really something that can catapult us up the league.

I did tell ya buddy hope you’re well.
    You did. Yeah good thanks.

Indoor dome pitch. Just like the cherries one

I did tell ya buddy 😜 hope you’re well.
    Spill a little, continuing the good vibe tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    I must admit that I haven’t the foggiest about what this deal will actually mean in real terms for the club and more importantly the quality of the team on the park.

There’s plenty predictions of doom and gloom from certain quarters as you would expect.

However if it means we get players on loan like that of the quality of Myziane Maolida then I’ll bite your hand off!

Here’s hoping this isn’t a false dawn and is really something that can catapult us up the league.
    Lets hope we follow up on this positive news with a win tomorrow night!

It was all agreed as far back as December GG, I think I posted as such after the December derby after speaking to a director. The detailed plans had already been submitted and there had been tacit approval at that point from the authorities. Word of caution though, don’t expect all this money going to the first team initially- but there’ll be cash there if and when required. The indoor facility at HTC is a priority.
    A couple of mill in the summer.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Into those peasants tomorrow now Hibs. Get the butler to fire up the Rolls Royce.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

HTC to be fully floodlight, new astro pitches for community use, and an Astro Dome like this.

New home for the ladies team. New BTG @ER plus safe standing. Community offices in the FF stand and more cash for players.

to think people wanted to vote against this!!!

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    HTC to be fully floodlight, new astro pitches for community use, and an Astro Dome like this.

New home for the ladies team. New BTG @ER plus safe standing. Community offices in the FF stand and more cash for players.

But the shares were being diluted 🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I believe they are talking about creating some sort of walkway between the new hospitality in the FF and the current hospitality in the west.

Cheers

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Was never in danger of not going through. Wait until the support see the detailed plans for the future, it’s going to be very exciting times ahead 👍
    Anything you can share, or know when we can expect to hear about it?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    An interesting night thus far.

Turnover up, expected to be approx £15M but could rise higher. Ticketing and football turnover down slightly largely attibuted to poorer on field performance. Big investment in playing staff, women's team, other infrastructure and so on.

Big plans for the Famous Five. Clubstorw and ticket office upgrades, committed to a 'community hub'. Further hospitality upgrades planned.

No external debt exxept an interest free loan to the govt. Will allow investment on the park and contribute to an increased budget.

Black Knight will allow us to share expertise and thus grow the on and off field stuff. They will have two directors at Hibs with no affiliation to another club. Hibs remain independent. We sign who we want, play who we want and sell to who we want.

Aim is to be sustainable at a higher level. Future investment will be capital calls, possibly donations. Not loans.

A home for the women's team at an 'altenrayive venue'.

Foley is a football man who just loves the process and believes in the multi club structure.

A myriad of other questions about a range of issues, largely well received and answered.

Resolutions all passed. Malcolm McPherson very happy and pays tribute to the Gordons.

Sure someone can be more comprehensive but that's a snapshot of some of what was discussed.
    Sounds very positive, thanks PB

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Into those peasants tomorrow now Hibs. Get the butler to fire up the Rolls Royce.
    Ha ha brilliant 🤣

Takes me back to the Archibald days.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    Spill a little, continuing the good vibe tonight
    PB succinctly posted above what’s planned initially. HTC will see an indoor training facility built with added investment in sports science too. The women’s team will see investment and there’ll be a real push for more community inclusion out in the Lothians. The FF will see more and improved hospitality.

Regarding the first team there’ll be more money available and use of the multi team model. I think we will see more talent from Bournemouth, players that they sign and want regular first team action that they won’t get initially at Bournemouth. We’ll certainly not get outbid by any competition outside the Old Firm.

Coaching Staff
    PB succinctly posted above what’s planned initially. HTC will see an indoor training facility built with added investment in sports science too. The women’s team will see investment and there’ll be a real push for more community inclusion out in the Lothians. The FF will see more and improved hospitality.

Regarding the first team there’ll be more money available and use of the multi team model. I think we will see more talent from Bournemouth, players that they sign and want regular first team action that they won’t get initially at Bournemouth. We’ll certainly not get outbid by any competition outside the Old Firm.
    Certainly appears to have been a positive and well received AGM, pleased with the outcome.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post

Is the new astro dome confirmed or just people assuming because it’s the next obvious upgrade of the facility?

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Is there pies?
    Yes, and delious!!!

I'm on board.

I'll put aside my natural negativity and look forward with optimism.

I just hope there is method and structure allied with the stated ambition at the club going forward. We have a need for good people at the club who know what they are doing. I'm now into my late 50's and it would give me great pleasure to witness an attractive, attacking Hibs side who achieve success.

Frequent European nights, similar to those I watched in the 70's with my late dad would be great.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Certainly appears to have been a positive and well received AGM, pleased with the outcome.
    Very exciting times ahead buddy 👍

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Is the new astro dome confirmed or just people assuming because it’s the next obvious upgrade of the facility?

Mentioned on Longbangers tweets from the AGM.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Ben confirmed a few weeks ago. But also mentioned tonight.