hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With all due respect it's completely irrelevant how you chaps feel about this deal. I prefer the unbiased, objective, clear analysis of the sitution by proven financial and business experts.

So I'll continue going to Kickback for my information, thank you very much.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    Dilution is a total red herring, unless like HSL you have a specific percentage of shares you want to reach.

For individuals it makes no odds. You get the certificate and AGM attendance and your vote matters just slightly less than it did before. Value doesn’t matter to a fan who bought shares but dilution doesn’t impact that anyway. You get less of a share in a more valuable thing.

Personally I think HSL would be wasting peoples money if they decided to carry on as they are waiting for the day you can buy shares. Not going to happen in any material way.

Do we need a fund for future emergencies? I think this would be pointless. There’s just no foreseeable need for it and the take up would continue to be minimal. Much better ways to use money for the benefit of the club if fans wished to keep contributing to something. HSL as it stands is dead, it needs something very different and given the position with owners and investors appetite for whatever replaced it will be minimal.

I also don't see the point in HSL going forwards.

If anything, I'd prefer it if the shares they own could be bought back by the club, rather than anyone being given the chance to buy more.

Was there anything mentioned regarding a restructure of the recruitment side of the club? I think I remember reading part of an article when this news went public by either Hibs observer or the Scotsman suggesting Foley may want a Technical director at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    So they didn’t want it to go through because of Sporting Integrity and now that all their capital ventures are complete (they are not really) they are now10 years ahead of us in terms of infrastructure and player budget. They are and always will be seeking targets well outwith our meagre budget and with every passing month will pull away from us leaving us in their wake.

Tick Tock
    Infrastructure?

They have a subbuteo pitch surrounded by three rusting pink bus shelters past their expiry date and the Wernham Hogg office with some monoblocking in front. And they borrow student playing fields for training.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Infrastructure?

They have a subbuteo pitch surrounded by three rusting pink bus shelters past their expiry date and the Wernham Hogg office with some monoblocking in front. And they borrow student playing fields for training.
    I know. They also think their Wetherspoon Lounge in their bigliest most modern main stand in the land is far superior to anything we currently have!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I know. They also think their Wetherspoon Lounge in their bigliest most modern main stand in the land is far superior to anything we currently have!
    I particularly like the state of the art al fresco press "area".

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

What is the hospitality lounges like at Tynecastle? Who's been? Is it on a par with what we have at Easter Road or is it something else they have done on the cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    What is the hospitality lounges like at Tynecastle? Who's been? Is it on a par with what we have at Easter Road or is it something else they have done on the cheap?
    Never been in however I have to referred to them as the Wetherspoon lounges after viewing these images from the official site.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I particularly like the state of the art al fresco press "area".

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    That’s my favourite part right behind the bestest and most modern dugouts which come with free Wetherspoon chairs

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Never been in however I have to referred to them as the Wetherspoon lounges after viewing these images from the official site.

At least Wetherspoons tend to be in interesting places and imbibe some of the character of the building.

They look totally characterless. Much like the occupants I suppose.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    At least Wetherspoons tend to be in interesting places and imbibe some of the character of the building.

Suppose you are right. But what other stadium has a hospitality suite with views of the Castle….. no wait!

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

How many maroon sweaters are on display in that bottom picture!! 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    How many maroon sweaters are on display in that bottom picture!!
    Some of the maroon sweaters are wearing maroon jumpers.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Just dragging this up again.

The share issues have now been registered at Companies House. The new holdings are :

Bydand 60.4%
    Turquoise Bidco (the BK) 25%
    HSL 6.9%
    Leslie Robb 4.4%
    The rest 3.3%

Does anyone have a better idea what this might mean for hibs going forward and particularly how it might effect our transfer business?

For example can we expect a few loan players from Bournmouth (think this is limited for international loans?)

I am sure Foley said we would have millions to spend at some point? (Is this 2m or 20m?)

With all the financial fair play stuff going on and the points deductions etc could this be a way for Bournmouth to stay within these rules whilst still building up a stable of players in the uk that are not directly on their budget sheet? No FFP in Scotland could mean instead of buying several players that may or may not make it into their first team they could be bought by hibs initially? If they look like they will make the grade then transferred (or loaned) to Bournmouth?

I have been trying to think what the major benefit for the BK in investing in Hibs as they do not seem to do things half baked.

I am hoping it is the latter as this could involve some serious inward investment even if we do not make a profit on the players down the road it would massively increase our turnover. If the uglies get wind of this I am sure FFP will become a thing before long so hopefully they will heavily frontload this process lol.

Anyone with a better understanding of their motivations and what we might expect come the summer and future transfer windows?

Also think I read somewhere that a separate company had been set up between BK, Gordons and Leslie Robb? Anyone know what that is all about?

A lot of questions and no answers

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Some of the maroon sweaters are wearing maroon jumpers.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Not a cardigan in sight,obviously the keys to their rovers are lying beside their driving gloves.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar

But the crucial bit is it’s 1 metre longer and wider than any of our offerings so that will keep them happy .

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Just dragging this up again.

The share issues have now been registered at Companies House. The new holdings are :

Bydand 60.4%
    Turquoise Bidco (the BK) 25%
    HSL 6.9%
    Leslie Robb 4.4%
    The rest 3.3%
    HSL will be annoyed at current shareholding, the rest is low at 3.3% too. Leslie Robb looks his shares halved but a sear on board to help
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    HSL will be annoyed at current shareholding, the rest is low at 3.3% too. Leslie Robb looks his shares halved but a sear on board to help
    It is what it is, I think if the club is going to progress in the direction that the owners want it to - which I think is what we want as a support as well - a successful, competitive and entertaining club - having a corporate and ownership structure that is set up with as few barriers to things as possible is necessary.

Obviously that leaves us wide open to bad intentions but AFAIK to no greater extent than we were under any previous ownership set up.

I just want to see progress on the park now. I don't think either the Gordons or Black Knight FC are of a mind to muck about and do anything half-arsed, and I think the Gordons recognised that they need help so with those all in place now we should expect to see a difference quickly, and I think we will.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship of Hope View Post
    No FFP in Scotland
    Not in the Scottish league, but to play in UEFA competitions you have to comply with their FFP (now FSR) rules.