hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How unfit is Beaton

Watched his performance yesterday and saw how little running /moving about .
    He positioned himself about 20 metres from the East stand and that was where he was for the length of the game.
    Only time he ventured near the west stand was coming on and off the pitch at halftime and fulltime

Missed a blatant foul on Welsh near the Dundee dugout and only the howls from the home fans and the fourth official telling him what had happened resulted in him taking action .
    Also fourth official had a hard time with Docherty and told him that he was in his final warning for his mouth that he got a grip of it and booked
    Someone in the Dundee dug out .
    Dont know who it was though .
    Beaton is unfit and to my knowledge never broke into more than a trot the whole game relying on the other officials and VAR to make his decisions for him .
    Must have a Guardian Angel in the SFA to let him off with so many syb standard performances

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He positioned himself about 20 metres from the East stand and that was where he was for the length of the game.
    Only time he ventured near the west stand was coming on and off the pitch at halftime and fulltime

Missed a blatant foul on Welsh near the Dundee dugout and only the howls from the home fans and the fourth official telling him what had happened resulted in him taking action .
    Also fourth official had a hard time with Docherty and told him that he was in his final warning for his mouth that he got a grip of it and booked
    Beaton is unfit and to my knowledge never broke into more than a trot the whole game relying on the other officials and VAR to make his decisions for him .
    Must have a Guardian Angel in the SFA to let him off with so many syb standard performances
    The foul he missed was on Marcondes was it not? And the fourth official can’t book anybody, it would have to be the referee, which I don’t think happened

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    The foul he missed was on Marcondes was it not? And the fourth official can’t book anybody, it would have to be the referee, which I don’t think happened
    You are right in who was fouled but domeone in the dug out was pointed out to Beaton who showed him a Yellow card

@hibs.net private member
    You are right in who was fouled but domeone in the dug out was pointed out to Beaton who showed him a Yellow card
    Can’t remember that at all tbf

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Think it was Alan Combe.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I always get the impression he thinks he's better than us, and thinks he should be reffing bigger games than Hibs v Dundee.

I said the exact same yesterday.

His levels of fitness are a disgrace for a top-flight official, and as Blackpool Hibs states, he gives off an aura that he just can't be arsed with the whole thing.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 25-02-2024 at 12:07 PM.

All the long years he's been a grade one ref he still doesn't know how to play advantage before stopping the game for a foul, 2 or 3 occasions yesterday he gave a free kick rather than let the move play out. Really annoys me refs can't let a game flow, though they magically remember how to use advantage in a game when it's the Glasgow pair playing each other

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Beaton and Marcondes had an interesting afternoon between them. Marcondes was constantly in his ear (which we have needed for some time) - he also seemed to do it in a way that managed to stay onside of Beaton which is important. Beaton shaking his hand on the way off the pitch when he was subbed - you usually wouldn't see that.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    If you spent all your leisure time sitting on your regular stool at the end of the bar in the Louden eating Loyal brand salted peanuts and blue coloured crisps would you be able to keep up with professional athletes for 90 minutes?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I always get the impression he thinks he's better than us, and thinks he should be reffing bigger games than Hibs v Dundee.
    He certainly looked disinterested before the kickoff, shuffling about with his hands in his pockets.

First Team Breakthrough Fratelli's Avatar

No ‘Guardian Angel’ but a Grand Master and many Brothers…

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    I've thought about his obvious lack of fitness for a while.I assume they have to go through regular testing? For him I 'm thinking of how lance corporal jones got through his test, by getting his Dads Army colleagues to do it for him. Only way he could pass.

On a serious note,his poor state means he is regularly out of position to make decisions and this, compounded by his obvious bias, is just an outrageous joke.

Having said that, he did book one if theirs early on for diving and even he couldn't deny us our pen.

That's it. He doesn't care. Why would he break a sweat in fixture that is completely meaningless to him other than picking up his fee?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    All the long years he's been a grade one ref he still doesn't know how to play advantage before stopping the game for a foul, 2 or 3 occasions yesterday he gave a free kick rather than let the move play out. Really annoys me refs can't let a game flow, though they magically remember how to use advantage in a game when it's the Glasgow pair playing each other
    So he does know but refs different games depending on who is playing.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    I've thought about his obvious lack of fitness for a while.I assume they have to go through regular testing? For him I 'm thinking of how lance corporal jones got through his test, by getting his Dads Army colleagues to do it for him. Only way he could pass.

On a serious note,his poor state means he is regularly out of position to make decisions and this, compounded by his obvious bias, is just an outrageous joke.

Having said that, he did book one if theirs early on for diving and even he couldn't deny us our pen.
    I saw them doing their beep tests at Dalkeith High school at the end of last season (early June). Beaton was there that day and what they have to do looks pretty tough going - I suspect he’s not unfit at at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I saw them doing their beep tests at Dalkeith High school at the end of last season (early June). Beaton was there that day and what they have to do looks pretty tough going - I suspect he’s not unfit at at all.
    Are you sure it wasn't a stunt double!

Poor referee.
    Must have pals or family in the ref selectors.

@hibs.net private member
    He can go to the Fitness Instructor after he goes to teh optician. He was poor again yesterday but I think the West Stand linesman was even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    He can go to the Fitness Instructor after he goes to teh optician. He was poor again yesterday but I think the West Stand linesman was even worse.
    He needs to be chased by a Lion, don't know how he keeps a straight face.

If that Adonis Blackpool Hibs is questioning his fitness??
    Then he must be unfit 🤣

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't a stunt double!
    Are you sure you meant to say stunt?

Interpretive text roolz!!

Yeah, the refs have a very good and regulated level of fitness.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Yeah, the refs have a very good and regulated level of fitness.
    They still need to choose to use it. He looks completely disinterested when warming up and like others he is viewing the game from further away than other officials from what I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    They still need to choose to use it. He looks completely disinterested when warming up and like others he is viewing the game from further away than other officials from what I can see.
    Think he wore yhe park out from one 18 yard lone towards the East stand yo the the other as I said the only time he ventured towards the West stand was to book someone in the Dundee dug out and that was on the insistence of Steven Kirkland the fourth official .
    He does hy his lack of movement miss a lot of what is going on.
    Finally if its disinterest a few trips to Peterhead and up jorth will rekindle his enthusiasm

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Could almost forgive him for missing the “tackle” on Marcondes as it was so late even I only just saw it and I was sat directly above it and was following the direction of play before just catching the late tackle out the bottom of the eye.

I actually think it was the crowd in West who brought the incident to Beaton’s attention as he turned round after the loud howls from the supporters and noticed Marcondes on the turf. Looked like he just guessed and correctly awarded us a free kick.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    No fit to be a ref but that's nothing to do with his fitness
    Hun loving criminal.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Dunno about Beaton, but the speed the Lino on the West side sprinted down the tunnel on the final whistle would have put Usain Bolt to shame.