hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts at Tynie

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How so?

We’ve won 2 (aye, 2) of the 15 derbies since the Gordons came in 5 years ago. Lost more than half.

I think under Farmer we were sitting about one win in 3, which needed improved upon to address the historical record.

Needs rectified urgently, which is what my comment was.
    Won: 2
    Drawn: 5
    Lost: 8

Goals for: 12
    Goals against: 23

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    My guess is that the Hearts squad are on a significant win bonus for the derby fixture - no other real reason for their upper hand in this fixture transcending different squads / managers / owners.

Our derby record since being sold by Farmer is absolutely diabolical - hopefully we’ll make a start at rectifying this on Wednesday.
    The Stubbs/Lennon period aside our derby record has been ***** for my entire lifetime. Very very rarely did I ever feel like we were going in to derbies at Tynecastle with an attitude that wasn't "get the draw, get out, beat them at Easter Road".

Christ even under Stubbs and Lennon we were not great in derbies, a couple of real must wins that we didn't, the Kamberi penalty one being the stand out in a long line of *****y derby results.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    It was 4 and a half years after farmer bought us that we first won against hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    The Stubbs/Lennon period aside our derby record has been ***** for my entire lifetime. Very very rarely did I ever feel like we were going in to derbies at Tynecastle with an attitude that wasn't "get the draw, get out, beat them at Easter Road".

Christ even under Stubbs and Lennon we were not great in derbies, a couple of real must wins that we didn't, the Kamberi penalty one being the stand out in a long line of *****y derby results.

I don't think we lost a home derby at all under McLeish or Mowbray.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

How well has that gone for you, and us, over the years?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    I don't think we lost a home derby at all under McLeish or Mowbray.
    Just looked on FitbaStats.com and that looks right. McLeish only lost once to Hearts and that was at Tynie. Mowbray lost four times to Hearts, three times at Tynie and once at Hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Just looked on FitbaStats.com and that looks right. McLeish only lost once to Hearts and that was at Tynie. Mowbray lost four times to Hearts, three times at Tynie and once at Hampden.

Thanks my memory has still got it.

Sure the game we lost under McLeish was 2-1 last game of the season, Tam McManus made his debut at right wing and had a great game. Mixu scored for us.

Our derby record simply isn’t good enough.

Wednesday is a massive test of character for this group and manager:

They won’t have had much preparation time since Saturday so hopefully they have a plan.

We need to defend well as feel we have goals in our team now - though we can’t be giving Hearts a goal or 2 advantage if we expect to win the game.

Hope Montgomery is up for this one as it's not just another game, like he has previously said.

Speaking to a few Yams I know, they are very confident.

They have every reason to be so. Any team that went on a winning 8 game run must have good organisation and a strong spirit. Fine, they got beat 5 by Rangers away who they now appear to be on the way to winning the league.

Us. Well we are disjointed and flakey, but thankfully won at the weekend to end a dismal run in the league. Apart from a few posters, some showing some ridiculous bravado, the vast majority on here have a fair bit of pessimism going into Wednesday's game.

Will our new signings be able to handle it on Wednesday? Will our back four be able to cope under the pressure?

i doubt it. Which is why I think we will lose by two or three on Wednesday.

Hope I'm wrong and they perform well as a team and get a positive result.
    Last edited by Hibees1973; 26-02-2024 at 02:22 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just beat them, Hibs.

Any which way you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post

They have every reason to be so. Any team that went on a winning 8 game run must have good organisation and a strong spirit. Fine, they got beat 5 by Rangers away who they now appear to be on the way to winning the league.

Us. Well we are disjointed and flakey, but thankfully won at the weekend to end a dismal run in the league. Apart from a few posters, some showing some ridiculous bravado, the vast majority on here have a fair bit of pessimism going into Wednesday's game.

Will our new signings be able to handle it on Wednesday? Will our back four be able to cope under the pressure?

I can’t see Maolida or Marcondes being phased by this game. Moriah-Welsh plays in a way that is required in this game. The rest of them have already got something from a game here when they were 2-0 down this season. None of that means we’ll get a result but there are plenty reasons to be positive rather than pessimistic.

How so?

We’ve won 2 (aye, 2) of the 15 derbies since the Gordons came in 5 years ago. Lost more than half.

I think under Farmer we were sitting about one win in 3, which needed improved upon to address the historical record.

Needs rectified urgently, which is what my comment was.
    I would have simply said/felt that our record was diabolical full stop. When we start winning a few more I won't then be adding that to the tally of wins since Ron Gordon bought us.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post

Incidentally, I looked at JKb after seeing this thread this morning.

They are nowhere near as confident as I was expecting and are calling it pretty much the same way as I see it going, it’ll be tight. They got danger(s) and so do we.

Maybe one has said they’ll win 3/4-0 but the rest are calling it pretty fairly, with the obvious Hearts spin.

They certainly don’t seem supremely confident, and I don’t blame them.

The games between us so far have been extremely tight. I expect more of the same on Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    It's whatever fanny they have on VAR I'm more worried about.
    Steven McLean on VAR .

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Steven McLean on VAR .
    To be fair, he has previous for seeing things that haven't happened and giving Hibs fouls

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    How well has that gone for you, and us, over the years?
    I'll be very surprised if wins at Tynecastle make up even 25% of the total derbies we have won.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

'S' Form
    I'm looking for a single ticket for the game if anyone know of any going spare? Please PM me if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    To be fair, he has previous for seeing things that haven't happened and giving Hibs fouls
    After a few decisions recently I think we are due a few more going our way too . 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Very odd way of framing it.
    Not really. We've regressed on the pitch since they arrived and our derby record reflects that. Our record Vs old firm is even worse.

@hibs.net private member
    After a few decisions recently I think we are due a few more going our way too . 👍
    Been saying that for 35 year

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Not really. We've regressed on the pitch since they arrived and our derby record reflects that. Our record Vs old firm is even worse.
    Not a valid comparison if we are using stats against Rangers whilst they struggled their way up the leagues. A better reflection would be pre The Rangers, which may also show you as correct but I wouldn't bet on it.

Some statto probably has the time to check

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Steven McLean on VAR .
    McLean is 4th official. Alan Muir is in the VAR hotseat with Graeme stewart assisting him......

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    McLean is 4th official. Alan Muir is in the VAR hotseat with Graeme stewart assisting him......
    Muir is the worst you could probably have on VAR. It’s the perfect thing for someone like that who makes stuff up as he goes along.

**** them...that is all 🖕💚

@hibs.net private member
    Really fancy us to win 2-1.

Feeling confident that the new signings will handle the occasion and come out with nothing to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Apologies , got it from this just .
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ee-var-4533546

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Really fancy us to win 2-1.

Feeling confident that the new signings will handle the occasion and come out with nothing to fear.
    Same.

Though I usually always think we’ll win the closer a game gets. Can’t help myself.

Expecting a tight game, as usual, with the 1st goal being massive, as usual.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Apologies , got it from this just .
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ee-var-4533546

Hmmm strange - SFA Ref appointments webpage lists it as Muir.
    https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottis...-appointments/

Maybe its changed at some point either way....
    Last edited by LaMotta; 26-02-2024 at 08:24 PM.