hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moriah-Welsh

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully just managing him for midweek. He does cover a lot of grass.
    I think it was a case of managing both players. Getting more meaningful minutes into Amos and giving MW a rest before Wednesday

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    Shhhsh. Don't tell the poster above that.
    Can’t believe you got a tirade of posts on the back of pointing out that MW is better than Jeggo.

Donegal you got booted not long ago for arguing with everyone, at least argue with people who are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Can’t believe you got a tirade of posts on the back of pointing out that MW is better than Jeggo.

Donegal you got booted not long ago for arguing with everyone, at least argue with people who are wrong.

Me neither mate, baffled me but cheers, it's appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Jeggo started only 1 of the previous 12 league games while he was here (that start was when Newell was unavailable). We have replaced a player who couldn’t get a game in a horrendous midfield with a player who will be one of the first names of the teamsheet each week.
    When we signed Jeggo ( defensive midfielder) he done a good job at the time though the way Monty was wanting to play with only two in midfield he probably wasn't the type of player that suited him which is why he didn't play so much towards the end .

When Jeggo left we didn't go out and replace him with Moriah-Welsh as been said , Amos came in before him . Moriah-Welsh and Jeggo are to totally different types of midfielders , it's abit like trying to make a comparison with chalk and cheese which the OP was trying to do .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    When we signed Jeggo ( defensive midfielder) he done a good job at the time though the way Monty was wanting to play with only two in midfield he probably wasn't the type of player that suited him which is why he didn't play so much towards the end .

When Jeggo left we didn't go out and replace him with Moriah-Welsh as been said , Amos came in before him . Moriah-Welsh and Jeggo are to totally different types of midfielders , it's abit like trying to make a comparison with chalk and cheese which the OP was trying to do .
    It’s not really like that. You can compare different midfielders and it’s clear MW is a better player than Jeggo was for us, despite me thinking Jeggo wasn’t that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

I don't think I was arguing with everyone and I do think the OP is wrong in making a comparison with two different types of midfielders and saying our signings have been " crap " when I think we have recruited well the last 3 transfer windows. Each to there own point of view I suppose . We will leave it at that 👍

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think I was arguing with everyone and I do think the OP is wrong in making a comparison with two different types of midfielders and saying our signings have been " crap " when I think we have recruited well the last 3 transfer windows. Each to there own point of view I suppose . We will leave it at that 👍
    Are you saying that you’re unable to say John Mcginn is better than Josh Vela because they were different types of midfielders?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    It’s not really like that. You can compare different midfielders and it’s clear MW is a better player than Jeggo was for us, despite me thinking Jeggo wasn’t that bad
    If it was between Amos and Jeggo who both play DM yeah though Jeggo an Moriah-Welsh I don't see how you can tbh . Though each to there own opinions I suppose 👍

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Jeggo got dropped at the end of last season by LJ and he was pish at the start of this season under LJ - I am not sure losing his place in the team can solely be laid at the feet of NM.

Jeggo wasn’t suited to the team because he struggled to pass the length of himself, I cant think of many central midfielders I’ve seen play for Hibs with worse passing than his.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    If it was between Amos and Jeggo who both play DM yeah though Jeggo an Moriah-Welsh I don't see how you can tbh . Though each to there own opinions I suppose 👍
    Amos doesn’t play DM.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

I don't think its like that at all. They occupy similar spaces on the pitch, like a piece of cheese occupies a similar space on a toastie. It's more like comparing a Kraft plastic cheese slice with a nice piece of Scottish Orkney Island Cheddar.

Chalk and cheese would be goalie and midfielder (and I'm not putting chalk on my toasties)
    Last edited by LaMotta; 25-02-2024 at 11:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Of course you can compare Jeggo and Moriah-Welsh. Both play central midfield, will be asked to track, tackle, close down and then move the ball forward when they have it.

Sure, Moriah-Welsh will be more box to box than Jeggo was, but they both play(ed) the same position for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Jeggo got dropped at the end of last season by LJ and he was pish at the start of this season under LJ - I am not sure losing his place in the team can solely be laid at the feet of NM.

Jeggo wasn’t suited to the team because he struggled to pass the length of himself, I cant think of many central midfielders I’ve seen play for Hibs with worse passing than his.
    His passing definitely wasn't one of his strengths alright though as a defensive midfielder his job I felt was to sit in front of the defence and break things up , apparently he was quite vocal on the pitch too .

Moriah-Welsh is more high energy , covers more ground and is a very good midfielder who we are lucky to have got but he's not DM , I think amos can play the DM role though.

I wouldn't say him losing his place in the team was solely down to him not being suited to playing the way Monty wants us though I do think it was part of it tbh .

Anyhow I don't see the comparison between Jeggo and Moriah Welsh just the same as I don't see it with say the likes of Rodri and De Bruyne either

@hibs.net private member
    His passing definitely wasn't one of his strengths alright though as a defensive midfielder his job I felt was to sit in front of the defence and break things up , apparently he was quite vocal on the pitch too .

Moriah-Welsh is more high energy , covers more ground and is a very good midfielder who we are lucky to have got but he's not DM , I think amos can play the DM role though.

I wouldn't say him losing his place in the team was solely down to him not being suited to playing the way Monty wants us though I do think it was part of it tbh .

Anyhow I don't see the comparison between Jeggo and Moriah Welsh just the same as I don't see it with say the likes of Rodri and De Bruyne either
    What about Jeggo and De Bruyne? Who’s the better midfielder?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Of course you can compare Jeggo and Moriah-Welsh. Both play central midfield, will be asked to track, tackle, close down and then move the ball forward when they have it.

Sure, Moriah-Welsh will be more box to box than Jeggo was, but they both play(ed) the same position for us.
    Jeggo just isn’t very good. This young lad is a different level.

You told me, for no reason at all to "give it a rest ffs" then called me "dafty 16"

Want a bigger shovel?

Who knows, different players. Couldn't swap one for the other tbh

Abit of a mis- match there if you were to ask who was better between Rodri or De Bruyne I'd say they are two different midfielders with different attributes and again I don't think you can make a comparison between the two , much like Jeggo and Moriah Welsh are imo .👍

@hibs.net private member
    Abit of a mis- match there if you were to ask who was better between Rodri or De Bruyne I'd say they are two different midfielders with different attributes and again I don't think you can make a comparison between the two , much like Jeggo and Moriah Welsh are imo .👍
    Are you a politician?

Are you a politician?

Tom English-esq.

Are you a politician?
    No mate , not at all .
    https://www.footballcritic.com/luke-...sitions/140247

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    For those of us not interested in the bickering, think we have won a watch with him, seems to be the type we have been missing, he must be knackered after each game as he just doesn't stop. Long may this continue

Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    For those of us not interested in the bickering, think we have won a watch with him, seems to be the type we have been missing, he must be knackered after each game as he just doesn't stop. Long may this continue
    Agreed. Not sure how long we will get to keep him.

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve never mentioned Amos

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Jeggo just isn’t very good. This young lad is a different level.
    Couldn’t agree more. The think we have a special player in Moriah-Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    Tom English-esq.
    Tom English-ish maybe?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I’m keen to see Amos after a pre season, I think he could be of a similar level.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I’m keen to see Amos after a pre season, I think he could be of a similar level.
    Same. Think he’ll be better on the ball than Moriah-Welsh. Won’t buzz about as much and be in the oppositions faces, but think Amos will be a big player for us too.

I’ve never mentioned Amos
    I know you didn't mate , just thought I'd show it after been shot down for saying Amos can play as a defensive midfielder is all 👍

[QUOTE=Hibeesdaft16;7595477]
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post

An arm chair expert then, you could say?
    Perhaps a rocking chair on the veranda with a bottle of beer. As seen in films .