hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moriah-Welsh

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another thread ruined. 😂. Super player. I’m hoping he was seriously fatigued as Amos was a huge down grade when he came on.
    I thought Amos was fine when he came on, but my son had the same opinion as you.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I thought Amos was fine when he came on, but my son had the same opinion as you.
    And as we know Matty your son is a clever boy. 😂

It does look like HoboHarry is talking to himself all the way through this thread 🤣

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Amos done nothing wrong when he came on, different type of player, definitely not a huge downgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Another thread ruined. 😂. Super player. I’m hoping he was seriously fatigued as Amos was a huge down grade when he came on.
    Hopefully just managing him for midweek. He does cover a lot of grass.

The boys a player. 👍

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    [QUOTE=Hibeesdaft16;7595477]
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post

An arm chair expert then, you could say?

You made a decent post about the topic in hand, don't know why you're getting so much stick for it.

The two of them having a go at you do it every week mind so it's maybe just your turn.

[QUOTE=WhileTheChief..;7595567]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post

You made a decent post about the topic in hand, don't know why you're getting so much stick for it.

The two of them having a go at you do it every week mind so it's maybe just your turn.

Thanks mate, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Hopefully just managing him for midweek. He does cover a lot of grass.
    It was pretty early; maybe 58 minutes? Agreed though re midweek. That's what I said to my friend as we both looked at each other wondering why he was coming off. Amos was fine though, played a couple of nice passes; will get better with more minutes. Mariah-Welsh definitely looks a player.

Agree with the positive comments about this lad. After just a few games he already seems to have brought much needed drive and energy to the middle of the park ... gonna end up a fans favourite if he keeps this up.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He is right. We've signed a lot of crap recently. Thats why we're miles away from where we want to be.
    Our signings over the last 3 transfer windows have been pretty good . If you want to go back further than that fair enough I agree though don't see many of them at us now .

Trying to make a comparison with Moriah-Welsh and Jeggo who are two totally different player's is wrong and why anyone would want to have abit dig at Jeggo anyhow is beyond me . Guy give us nothing but a 100% any time he played which was my beef with yet another negative post from the OP .

To get things back on track Moriah Welsh is exactly the type of player we have been needing and could prove to be our most important signing . Delighted we have him on a contract too. Recruitment have done excellent in getting him like our other signings this window too 👍

MW is an upgrade on Jeggo - top marks to Hibs for making this happen.

Jeggo though was decent enough and offered us something we didn’t have when he joined.

I don’t see why praise for MW needs to be accompanied by digs at Jeggo, who did a decent job for us when called upon.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Jeggo though was decent enough and offered us something we didn’t have when he joined.

I don’t see why praise for MW needs to be accompanied by digs at Jeggo, who did a decent job for us when called upon.
    Agree, we have players that have come into the team in January that are probably levels above what we had, thats not a criticism of those guys, its about footballing ability and to be the best we have to sign the best

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

MW does not play in the same position as Jeggo, i dont see the comparison?

My comment wasn't a dig at Jeggo, Smartie, Donegal interpretated that incorrectly. Swapping Jeggo and freeing us of his wage for Welsh was fantastic business was my point.

And the last three windows haven't been brilliant either, DH. Otherwise the majority of posters on here wouldn't be blaming our crap league position on the squad of players we have. January has seemed to be a success apart from sorting out defensive issues.

Jeggo was alright. That's about it. It's why he's left.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    MW does not play in the same position as Jeggo, i dont see the comparison?

He left our midfield, freed up the wage and as soon as we did we brought in MW.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He left our midfield, freed up the wage and as soon as we did we brought in MW.
    We freed up a wage and sold Melkerson for £1m, big Doidge left freeing up a wage too, along with MW, they also dont play the same position as Jeggo.

We freed up a wage and sold Melkerson for £1m, big Doidge left freeing up a wage too, along with MW, they also dont play the same position as Jeggo.

I never once said they did mate. All I said was swapping the players was fantastic business.

Melkerson money should have freed up funds imo to sign Jason Kerr on loan but that's another story.

It seems it was one in one out in January without Melks sale. Jeggo left, MW came in.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Without being disrespectful to previous players who gave their all and filled a role, it is fair to say, that if the aspiration of the January window was to ‘get in better than we already had’ then by and large it was a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Without being disrespectful to previous players who gave their all and filled a role, it is fair to say, that if the aspiration of the January window was to ‘get in better than we already had’ then by and large it was a success.

Except defence. Our biggest issue.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Except defence. Our biggest issue.
    Hence the ‘by and large’.

Edit:However we did get Miller and Rocky back from international duty, which imo, strengthened us. The return to full fitness of Hanlon is also a boost.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 25-02-2024 at 10:00 AM.

Brilliant signing

I hope everyone is prepared for an undisclosed accepted bid from Bournemouth when they realise he is the real deal

Enjoy him while he’s here

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Hence the ‘by and large’.
    true that, sorry.

, different type players and we didn't just go out and get MW after Jeggo left either . I think we had Amos training with us and he was signed before MW too .

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Jeggo started only 1 of the previous 12 league games while he was here (that start was when Newell was unavailable). We have replaced a player who couldn’t get a game in a horrendous midfield with a player who will be one of the first names of the teamsheet each week.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Jeggo started only 1 of the previous 12 league games while he was here (that start was when Newell was unavailable). We have replaced a player who couldn’t get a game in a horrendous midfield with a player who will be one of the first names of the teamsheet each week.

Shhhsh. Don't tell the poster above that.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I suspect that if Jeggo had started more of those games in place of Levitt then our points haul from those games might have been greater.

Especially if it hadn’t been in an f’ing 442.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I brought up Jeggo.

I think the comparison with him is entirely valid - both him and NMW take up a non attacking midfield slot. There is a difference with our formation now of course too (which probably didn't help JJ overall), but they are midfielders who are not operating in the final third very often. The major difference is, from early displays, it looks like NMW has a lot more in his locker as an all round midfielder. It feels like people are saying Jeggo was a different type of player to justify the fact he was a midfielder who couldn't actually pass the ball very well.

It wasn't really a dig from me at Jeggo - I liked him as a person, he had a great attitude and always gave 100%. It was more a recalling of people claiming Jeggo was vital to our team at any point - I feel that was always way overstated.

Wonderful player - get a contract extension sorted pronto.

See, I don’t see the need to slate Jeggo in any way but he’s the kind of player we’ve signed over the years that we think is pretty decent at the time, but just not at the level we need to have in the midfield. The midfield that started yesterday (even with newell in it) is ridiculous compared to what we’ve had since the Scottish cup team.