Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Next 5 league games.

Our next 5 league games are as follows

Dundee (H)
    Hearts (A)
    Ross County (H)
    Ross County (A)
    Livingston (H)

What's the minimum amount of points we would be willing to accept?

IMO we need to be taking 12 out 15 minimum otherwise the board may aswell just empty Montgomery now. No point giving him a pre season and potentially blowing the Foley cash in summer just got him to binned Johnson style early next season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage-Patch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Dundee (H)
    Hearts (A)
    Ross County (H)
    Ross County (A)
    Livingston (H)

IMO we need to be taking 12 out 15 minimum otherwise the board may aswell just empty Montgomery now. No point giving him a pre season and potentially blowing the Foley cash in summer just got him to binned Johnson style early next season.
    10 points would be perfectly acceptable. Very few teams win 4 out of 5 games, apart from the obvious. 3 wins and a draw would be fine for me, starting with three points tomorrow. It is a run of games that we should be looking to get as many points as possible though, of course. Why don't we take each game as they come. If we win tomorrow, which we should, its a good starting point.

Aye 10 points would be fine but we take one game at a time.

There’s no easy game in this league.

A nice solid home win tomorrow and three points.

A clean sheet would be amazing after all the defence talk.

Most importantly it can give us the confidence to build.

Left by mutual consent!
    Realistically, 10 points would be more than acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post

Only if we win tomorrow.

We don't win tomorrow we are 5 points off 6th place. 10 points after that and sitting in 7th/8th would be nowhere near acceptable.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    Only if we win tomorrow.

We don't win tomorrow we are 5 points off 6th place. 10 points after that and sitting in 7th/8th would be nowhere near acceptable.
    Well, obviously.

Tomorrows game was included in the five games that was put forward by the OP, though.

11 points. WDWDW.

If we win tomorrow I think we’ll be all right but we’ll still drop points somewhere we shouldn’t and I’m going for that being at Ross County.

Well, obviously.

Tomorrows game was included in the five games that was put forward by the OP, though.

It's not obvious at all if there's 5 games on the list and you say 10 points is acceptable.

Left by mutual consent!

Would be a decent tally from those matches. More would be fantastic, but as you say, realistically 10 would be fine.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's not obvious at all if there's 5 games on the list and you say 10 points is acceptable.
    Three wins and a draw?

Three wins and a draw?

Could easily get the three wins at Livi and Ross County home and away which would mean a draw tomorrow or in the derby would be more than acceptable for you with three wins in the Livi and County games.

Never mind, you have agreed in a sarcastic way, that we need to win tomorrow otherwise 10 points isn't good enough. Cheers.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post

Would be a decent tally from those matches. More would be fantastic, but as you say, realistically 10 would be fine.
    Agreed. This seems quite obvious to me.

Could easily get the three wins at Livi and Ross County home and away which would mean a draw tomorrow or in the derby would be more than acceptable for you with three wins in the Livi and County games.

Never mind, you have agreed in a sarcastic way, that we need to win tomorrow otherwise 10 points isn't good enough. Cheers.
    No sarcasm intended.

I was just typing quickly and perhaps came over as being blunt.

Cheers.

A good chance for some points on the board, tomorrow is a massive one for us, would expect both St Mirren and Kilmarnock to win tomorrow.

A point in the Derby would be ok with both Kilmarnock and Dundee to play Rangers and Celtic during the week.

Of course one game at at a time.

Agreed. This seems quite obvious to me.

No sarcasm intended.

I was just typing quickly and perhaps came over as being blunt.

Cheers.
    Sound, you're all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage-Patch View Post

Dundee (H)
    Hearts (A)
    Ross County (H)
    Ross County (A)
    Livingston (H)

8 games until the split.
    We need to win the 6 games against the smaller clubs and if we do that and lose to Hearts and Rangers away all will be well.
    For me, Ross County away 3 days after our Cup game against Rangers could be the sticking point, especially if the cup game goes to extra time.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 23-02-2024 at 05:47 PM.

So on this thread some of us are hoping for a points ratio of 10/15 or 12/15

Project that form backwards and we should have won 16pts or 19pts from our last 24.

We won 2pts. Seems like some supporters are hoping for a miraculous turnaround.

Let us pray.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

Project that form backwards and we should have won 16pts or 19pts from our last 24.

Let us pray.
    We are playing two of the worst teams the league has ever seen over three games in this period so it should be expected tbh. No more excuses.

Let us pray.
    The fact three of the next five are against the bottom two helps. Chuck in the fact the team is a fair bit different now.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The fact three of the next five are against the bottom two helps. Chuck in the fact the team is a fair bit different now.
    Even then, and despite the change in personnel, it's hard to imagine us winning four of these games when we've only won six all season.

The derby's likely to be a write-off and a heavy defeat there would impact morale so my guess is we'll take 7 or 8 points from these games.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Even then, and despite the change in personnel, it's hard to imagine us winning four of these games when we've only won six all season.

The derby's likely to be a write-off and a heavy defeat there would impact morale so my guess is we'll take 7 or 8 points from these games.
    I don’t think it’s hard to imagine us getting a decent number of points from these games. The options we have now are night and day to a month ago and there really is no excuses now. And I don’t think the derby is a write off, there’s been nothing in the two games between us.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I don’t think it’s hard to imagine us getting a decent number of points from these games. The options we have now are night and day to a month ago and there really is no excuses now. And I don’t think the derby is a write off, there’s been nothing in the two games between us.
    Hope you're right. Could do with Hearts losing to Rangers to spike their confidence tho. They're on an extraordinary run right now and will be relishing the derby.

Let us pray.
    Can't speak for anyone else though I am hoping our new signings will help in seeing a big improvement on our results hopefully starting tomorrow.🤞

Let us pray.
    Hang on...you're the same guy who started the persevere thread! This just sums up our bonkers support...on one thread you're Mr pessimistic and another telling us all how positive and supportive we should be! 🤣

The difference as others have said is the level of opposition coupled with new players bedding in. I refer you back to your other post!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    Hang on...you're the same guy who started the persevere thread! This just sums up our bonkers support...on one thread you're Mr pessimistic and another telling us all how positive and supportive we should be! 🤣

The difference as others have said is the level of opposition coupled with new players bedding in. I refer you back to your other post!

Then suddenly, a whole load who you never normally see posting, suddenly backing the poster? It is bonkers. Of course we all want to win tomorrow, but it depends on who the poster is I suppose. Dearie me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    Aye 10 points would be fine but we take one game at a time.

There’s no easy game in this league.

A nice solid home win tomorrow and three points.

A clean sheet would be amazing after all the defence talk.

Most importantly it can give us the confidence to build.
    I'd suggest that with financial disparity between us and most of those teams, some of those games, whilst not easy, should be easily winnable. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    I'd suggest that with financial disparity between us and most of those teams, some of those games, whilst not easy, should be easily winnable. Easily.
    " Not easy " "but easily winnable " as you say it . Exactly , I hope we win tomorrow and against Ross County in both games and against Livi in 4 games against teams with less financial clout but I also hope we beat Hearts despite their financial superiority but at the end of the day we all know that we could beat Hearts and not win any of the other 4 matches whoever is our manager since there`s very little difference if any in quality of players and managers

3 down 12 to go 😁

That’s the start to the group of fixtures we needed.

Let’s go and get a result on Wednesday and really get some momentum going.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    3 down 12 to go 😁
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Hope you're right. Could do with Hearts losing to Rangers to spike their confidence tho. They're on an extraordinary run right now and will be relishing the derby.
    This post has aged magnificently 🙂