hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

signing someone out of hospital / rehab?

Sorry for the random post, was just wondering if anyone had had an experience of signing someone out of hospital / rehab?

Back ground -
    My mother had Parkinson’s and onset vascular dementia, was admitted to hospital with a chest infection 8 days ago. she has now been transferred to a rehabilitation hospital for physios to help with mobility before going home.

The ward she is in is terrible, people shouting all day and night and she is just sitting staring into space when not with the physio.

The current care package is only held
    Another day before the council shuts it down and will be retendered once the hospital have done the rehab.

I’m worried the isolation in the ward will be more detrimental to the recovery, I have a private physio lined up and she has friends go to the house for tea each day.

Just curious if anyone has been in a similar situation and what they think is best.

I should have said there is nothing medically wrong now just physical. The nurse said they are baselining after the infection

Thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry for the random post, was just wondering if anyone had had an experience of signing someone out of hospital / rehab?

Back ground -
    My mother had Parkinson’s and onset vascular dementia, was admitted to hospital with a chest infection 8 days ago. she has now been transferred to a rehabilitation hospital for physios to help with mobility before going home.

The ward she is in is terrible, people shouting all day and night and she is just sitting staring into space when not with the physio.

The current care package is only held
    Another day before the council shuts it down and will be retendered once the hospital have done the rehab.

I’m worried the isolation in the ward will be more detrimental to the recovery, I have a private physio lined up and she has friends go to the house for tea each day.

Just curious if anyone has been in a similar situation and what they think is best.

I should have said there is nothing medically wrong now just physical. The nurse said they are baselining after the infection

Thanks

Try calling Edinburgh Social Care Direct 0131 200 2324. If you wait until after 6pm it should go through to a duty social worker. Good luck