hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hsl agm

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    300k cash and about 700k of shares at current value. Would be a real shame if we couldn’t come to an agreement to perhaps part fund the indoor pitch at HTC for example.
    The millionaires and billionaires involved are happy to dilute the ownership of the fans , this applies to not only hsl but every minority shareholder and also happy to attempt stop any fans buying shares ever again, they are simply wanting fans out of ownership.

Why would it be a shame if these same fans didn't use the money they had contributed to build a new facility ? Surely with the investment Hibs now have they can do this themselves can't they .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leith lynx View Post
    How about funding a proper (well over due) Hibernian museum for the Hibernian historical society., keeping in mind the 150th anniversary is just round the corner, would also like to see a commemorative plaque on the outside wall of the St.Marys Street buildings. Would rather donate money into projects like this instead of disappearing into the ether, as it looks like the Gordon's don't want/need the HSL donations.
    I would absolutely support that.

I see no reason whatsoever that the money should be just gifted to Hibs when we will have millionaires in charge who have progressively squeezed out the supporter shareholders.

300k cash and about 700k of shares at current value. Would be a real shame if we couldn’t come to an agreement to perhaps part fund the indoor pitch at HTC for example.
    Would be a real shame hibs fans who are shareholders aren’t about to get shafted . Up to each individual but why would anyone donate to millionaires, billionaires and trillionaires (owner of BK)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I would absolutely support that.

I see no reason whatsoever that the money should be just gifted to Hibs when we will have millionaires in charge who have progressively squeezed out the supporter shareholders.
    Yip a great suggestion.

@hibs.net private member
    Don’t have the time to write a massive long post but HSL should use the funds to buy Edinburgh City.

No brainer for me.

Our youngsters/development players can play in league 1 or 2.

Fans can support our unofficial B team when Hibs are away.

The social club is a stones throw from Easter road.

HSL can buy them or donate it to the foundation on the condition fund are used to buy Edinburgh City.

Gives Hibs an even stronger community focus on this side of Edinburgh.

Edinburgh city were rumoured to be in financial trouble. Guaranteed gates would go up and our youngsters would benefit no end.

That’s a proper community initiative that has massive benefits to Hibs.

Why should we fund indoor training facilities for Foley and the Gordon’s?

Lastly….if it does go tits up with Foley/Gordon’s we have a ready made team sitting there to support. Like Man U fans with Salford.

No brainer for me

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    The millionaires and billionaires involved are happy to dilute the ownership of the fans , this applies to not only hsl but every minority shareholder and also happy to attempt stop any fans buying shares ever again, they are simply wanting fans out of ownership.

Why would it be a shame if these same fans didn't use the money they had contributed to build a new facility ? Surely with the investment Hibs now have they can do this themselves can't they .
    We all donate to Hibs as it is. If people want to fund a new museum then yeh thats great. But its still donations to the owners at the end of the day. The museum is apparently going to be in the ticket office which they will still own. I'm really non-plussed but it would be good to see HSL name against something in the Infra.

@hibs.net private member
    One thing for hibs and HSL they really need to get into the 21 century and have an online AGM voting platform. Its one thing for HSL to have voting by counting hands and emails but for Hibs it's ridiculous. You can have membership of thousands and massive decisions made by a few dozen emails and a few dozen more turning up at an AGM, it's all very bowling club.

We all donate to Hibs as it is. If people want to fund a new museum then yeh thats great. But its still donations to the owners at the end of the day. The museum is apparently going to be in the ticket office which they will still own. I'm really non-plussed but it would be good to see HSL name against something in the Infra.
    No it’s not . HHT is totally independent of the football club. All assets were transferred to HHT

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Don’t have the time to write a massive long post but HSL should use the funds to buy Edinburgh City.

No brainer for me.

HSL can buy them or donate it to the foundation on the condition fund are used to buy Edinburgh City.

Edinburgh city were rumoured to be in financial trouble. Guaranteed gates would go up and our youngsters would benefit no end.

Lastly….if it does go tits up with Foley/Gordon’s we have a ready made team sitting there to support. Like Man U fans with Salford.

No brainer for me

Excellent idea 💡 👏🏼

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    One thing for hibs and HSL they really need to get into the 21 century and have an online AGM voting platform. Its one thing for HSL to have voting by counting hands and emails but for Hibs it's ridiculous. You can have membership of thousands and massive decisions made by a few dozen emails and a few dozen more turning up at an AGM, it's all very bowling club.
    Yep, I mentioned it at the time the Hibs AGM was announced when someone asked about how voting worked that it would probably be online voting software. I was really surprised when someone said it was being done by paper. HSL I can understand - although I did get caught out that I hadn't brought a pen with me to the HSL AGM last night and had to borrow one.

The only thing I'd say, even though I'm an e-voting proponent, is it relies on people having the tech to do it. I imagine a large number of the Hibs shareholders are of an older generation. Would they have a smart phone?

My dad is turning 79. He has a smart phone but he's moaning that Hibs are charging £5 for a physical season ticket card next season and to save the £5 (he can afford it BTW) he has to try to work out whatever the google equivalent of Apple Wallet is

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post
    No it’s not . HHT is totally independent of the football club. All assets were transferred to HHT
    So the plan is that the museum will move into the Ticket Office. Thats owned by Hibs.
    I'm not talking about the individual items on show.

No brainer for me.

No brainer for me
    What would Edinburgh City fans think about this?

Maybe someone could ask the pair of them

It also ignores the fact that its a loss making business.

So the plan is that the museum will move into the Ticket Office. Thats owned by Hibs.
    I'm not talking about the individual items on show.
    Yes that’s correct. However if HhT run in and it’s HHT memorabilia then no donations needed to millionaires and billionaires

Hahah they have circa 30 season ticket holders

What ever happened to the Famous Five statues idea?
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    What ever happened to the Famous Five statues idea?
    I think that was the Historical Trust, and think they have been completed.

@hibs.net private member
    It also ignores the fact that its a loss making business.
    Wouldn’t be loss making for ever, even if 1000 Hibs fans turned up every second week when Hibs were away I’m sure it would break even.

Also if most players were Hibs youngsters/development team, there wouldn’t be a huge wage bill.

As the unofficial Hibs team and the social club, I’m sure there turnover would grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post
    Yes that’s correct. However if HhT run in and it’s HHT memorabilia then no donations needed to millionaires and billionaires
    So the millionaires will just spend money refurbing it for HHT? You see my point?

So the millionaires will just spend money refurbing it for HHT? You see my point?
    Or HHT could do it like they have funded previous projects. The club could
    do it and the entrance fee could be split.

Wouldn’t be loss making for ever, even if 1000 Hibs fans turned up every second week when Hibs were away I’m sure it would break even.

Also if most players were Hibs youngsters/development team, there wouldn’t be a huge wage bill.

As the unofficial Hibs team and the social club, I’m sure there turnover would grow.
    Would they change their name and start playing in green and white? If not, can't really see hibs fans being interested in watching them regularly, and if so, it's a bit Mercer-esque isn't it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Yep, I mentioned it at the time the Hibs AGM was announced when someone asked about how voting worked that it would probably be online voting software. I was really surprised when someone said it was being done by paper. HSL I can understand - although I did get caught out that I hadn't brought a pen with me to the HSL AGM last night and had to borrow one.

The only thing I'd say, even though I'm an e-voting proponent, is it relies on people having the tech to do it. I imagine a large number of the Hibs shareholders are of an older generation. Would they have a smart phone?

My dad is turning 79. He has a smart phone but he's moaning that Hibs are charging £5 for a physical season ticket card next season and to save the £5 (he can afford it BTW) he has to try to work out whatever the google equivalent of Apple Wallet is
    98% of British adults use the Internet 87% use a smartphone. You just need a system for this that can't or don't have someone to help them. I suppose with Hibs it doesn't matter as only a few votes count really to get this passed

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I think that was the Historical Trust, and think they have been completed.
    The HHT have done, or are doing busts, of the FF.

A few years ago there was discussion around full size statues.
    Space to let

Problem is I think there are only 300 seats at Edinburgh city, also I don’t think the social club is attached to Edinburgh city football team.
    I think they had a dispute with them, and had to change their name.
    I Could be wrong however.

Left by mutual consent!
    What about a Ron Gordon Trust Fund, for Cancer Research, or to help families of those in palliative care etc? Just another idea, a good one I think.
    Last edited by Bakerman; 23-02-2024 at 03:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    HSL are voting against the investment resolutions
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Not surprising based on what has been said in here and in the media. Not sure it will make any difference mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The HHT have done, or are doing busts, of the FF.

A few years ago there was discussion around full size statues.
    Was the late Hibs director Stephen Dunn heavily involved in this?

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Not surprising based on what has been said in here and in the media. Not sure it will make any difference mind you.
    Really hope it doesn’t make a difference.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    I’m not a member ( I don’t think) but have donated a good few hundred pound to it.

Not sure my money would return to me.

I would be happy for it to go to the community foundation.
    same here, i only stopped when HSL took the paypal payment option away, jim(i think)did call me to explain but i even offered to pay the extra for paypal fees, but anyway, i hope HSL doesn't give the money to the club as they obviously don't appreciate HSL very much imo.