hibs.net Messageboard

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Hsl agm

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know what venom means, you haven’t done anything to upset me and I’ve read Trinity’s posts, could you point out specifically which ones are pouring out venom?

There’s absolutely no need for an apology, I’m just trying to see what you are referring to that I’m missing. It’s not a loaded question, you said Trinity was pouring out venom so i wondered what posts of theirs did that?
    I stick to what I say. I'm not here to win you over. I will leave it to others form an opinion.
    I don't know about you but I just don't have all day to sit in front of computer and trawl back on something, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

Thanks though for replying to me. You have shed some light on Trinity. Trinity is not an individual but a group.

Cheers again .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post
    I stick to what I say. I'm not here to win you over. I will leave it to others form an opinion.
    I don't know about you but I just don't have all day to sit in front of computer and trawl back on something, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

Thanks though for replying to me. You have shed some light on Trinity. Trinity is not an individual but a group.

Cheers again .
    Sorry, Trinity is an individual,I just don’t know if they’re a he or a she.

I really wasn’t needing to be won over, but it’s quite a strong accusation to make against Trinity without backing it up with the evidence. I don’t expect you to trawl through the thread (although you did suggest that I should do that to read their posts, so if i you expect me to do it you should be prepared to do so yourself ) but if i they’re pouring out venom then examples shouldn’t be hard to present?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Cheers again .

Trinity isn’t here to win you over either, although you seem determined to hound them for not feeling the same way about HSL as you do.

You’re the one throwing accusations around about pouring venom, be prepared to back up your words with the proof if you’re going to have a go at someone. You told Matty to look through Trinity’s posts, should be good enough for you to do that also, if you’re so firm in your belief about them

@hibs.net private member

Cheers again .
    Some amount of venom in this post 😂

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Todays challenge is include the word venom in as many sentences as possible

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    That statement on the My Account page is an oversight which was only brought to our attention yesterday. We don’t have direct access to edit that and it was passed to the web developer as soon as it was raised.

There’s been no other mention of money going to Hibs anywhere else across the website for some time and we have been clear for a while now that’s not been happening.

As for what’s next, there will be the chance for members to share their views with us in the coming weeks/months.

I think it’s right to give the events of the last few weeks, and last night, time to settle before we jump to any new found direction or objectives. Whatever that looks like going forward will be up to the members.
    Well the page of the website that I visit most often is the one detailing My Account along with all the payments I have made - and the statement claiming ALL funds go towards helping the team on the park was ALWAYS there from day one at the top of the page - bold as brass.

I had realised that a problem had emerged with HSL's ability to purchase shares since the Gordons took over, but had always believed that supporting the first team budget (my primary motivation for donating) remained a primary objective of HSL and so I kept on donating in good faith. If that's no longer the case then I'm glad that's now been clarified as I have no intention of donating further funds if helping the first team is not the express purpose.

NB - this is not intended as a barb towards those running HSL. I know it's run by volunteers with the best of intentions and that they are obliged to satisfy the demands of those members that vote at AGMs. I'm just not interested in donating funds if they are not going towards improving the team on the park - that's not what's happening so I'm out.
    Last edited by basehibby; 29-02-2024 at 01:40 PM.

Any comment on the recent email from HSL?

They have had a positive meeting with the club, post AGM and the belief is that there will be a share issue in the near future allowing HSL to potentially buy into that.

Further chat about how else HSL can financially benefit the club (pioneers tables, sponsorship etc..)

It's good see the two talking and mending open wounds.

This was the email...

Dear member,

Following the club’s AGM last month, we outlined plans to engage with supporters and the club in order to pave a positive and cooperative way forward.

While we were disappointed to see our shareholding diluted it is important to recognise our position as a responsible shareholder in the club, run in the interests of our members who are all – of course – committed and lifelong Hibernian fans.

We believed it would be appropriate to allow the dust to settle on the changes implemented at the club AGM and we are pleased to confirm we were invited to meet with the club earlier this month to discuss a future for Hibernian Supporters, working closely with the football club in the interests of us all.

The meeting at Easter Road was a positive one, with commitment from both sides to ensure we can work together in the interests of the club going forward.

Future Share Issue

We believe there is a chance that there may be another share issue in the near future, and should this come to light we believe Hibernian Supporters will be invited to participate – ensuring our shareholding isn’t diluted further and allowing us to inject funds directly into the club in exchange for shares.

The purchase of shares in the club is one of our primary objectives, as outlined in our Articles of Association, and, as such, we believe members would be supportive of our involvement in a future issue of shares in the club. We trust that you will agree with this.

Further Consultation & Guidance

As a membership organisation we are committed to ensuring members have the opportunity to share their views with us on how we move forward, so we can shape the long-term future of Hibernian Supporters.

Also discussed at the recent meeting with the club were the ways in which Hibernian Supporters can be involved in the positive future of Hibernian FC.

The club has entered into a new chapter in its history and we are committed to acting responsibly and supportively as we move forward, together.

There are a number of ways in which we can further support the club financially with contributions from our members, from increasing our Pioneers hospitality table from six seats to 10, participating in sponsorship activities on a one-off or seasonal basis, or supporting the club with one-off initiatives or projects in areas of specific interest to our members.

In order to shape our approach with the club we have prepared some short questions on your membership portal to gauge the feeling of members.

Everything we do will be with the consent of our members, and we would appreciate your participation in order to guide your directors going forward.

These questions can be completed digitally by logging in to your account and scrolling down to the survey section at the bottom of the page.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Any comment on the recent email from HSL?

They have had a positive meeting with the club, post AGM and the belief is that there will be a share issue in the near future allowing HSL to potentially buy into that.

Further chat about how else HSL can financially benefit the club (pioneers tables, sponsorship etc..)

It's good see the two talking and mending open wounds.
    It would have been nice if members had been informed about the invite to a meeting prior to it happening. I’m sure the membership would have appreciated being notifird and given the opportunity to highlight any issues they wished to be raised at the meeting with the club.

I’ve completed the survey and appreciate the question about what should be done with funds being put to members.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    It would have been nice if members had been informed about the invite to a meeting prior to it happening. I’m sure the membership would have appreciated being notifird and given the opportunity to highlight any issues they wished to be raised at the meeting with the club.

I’ve completed the survey and appreciate the question about what should be done with funds being put to members.
    As a member I’m perfectly happy with the reps meeting with the board without ‘consulting’. I’ll be continuing my contributions in the hope that one day the fans can own 25% of the club to stop any hostile take over or sell out of Hibernian FC.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post

The HSL committee is elected for this kind of thing isn't it? Putting word out the membership is just going to end up with hundreds of different points and would be a bit of a shambles.

Anyway, by the sounds of it, this was more of a make the peace meeting with a view on how to move forward together.

Glad to see an olive branch has been offered by the club and take up by HSL.

An upcoming share issue is interesting, it's not something I expected so soon after the events of the AGM and the BK investment. I can't imagine HSL would have mentioned it if there wasn't a degree of confidence it was going to happen.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Doesn’t say there will be a share issue though.
    Worded that they believe there may be one.

Encouraging e mail . Noone really knows what new investment will lead to on and off the park in the next few years so important to have supporter groups ready to step in ot at least galvanise support if things don`t go well . Not saying HSL is ideal but certainly important to have some such group (s) . New share issue far from likely but also important to be ready to take part if or when it happens .

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Doesn’t say there will be a share issue though.
    Worded that they believe there may be one.
    I think they are barking up the wrong tree.

At the AGM it was confirmed that there was future capital calls built into the arrangement for the new investors. That would essentially be a way to get new investment from them in return for increasing their investment up to the max level currently allowed.

There was no suggestion that those shares would be offered to existing shareholders first.

If there was an offer then HSL would need a decent amount of funds to at best stay still. I’m not sure what the point is any more. They’ve no influence. The game was up a long time ago and they’d be better accepting that and rethinking whether they have a purpose beyond buying shares.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post

At the AGM it was confirmed that there was future capital calls built into the arrangement for the new investors. That would essentially be a way to get new investment from them in return for increasing their investment up to the max level currently allowed.

There was no suggestion that those shares would be offered to existing shareholders first.

If there was an offer then HSL would need a decent amount of funds to at best stay still. I’m not sure what the point is any more. They’ve no influence. The game was up a long time ago and they’d be better accepting that and rethinking whether they have a purpose beyond buying shares.

Yet another negative post ref HSL, We know you don't like their ideals, but give it a break eh!

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Yet another negative post ref HSL, We know you don't like their ideals, but give it a break eh!
    It is reality. As a member of HSL and this site, I’ll post what I like about the subject thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Agree

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Wasn’t the point of one of the changes to the Articles that new shares could be issued without offering them to all shareholders? So I’m sure you’re right.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Wasn’t the point of one of the changes to the Articles that new shares could be issued without offering them to all shareholders? So I’m sure you’re right.
    Just until the next AGM. If there’s another share issue they can do the same thing. There’s absolutely no influence though for a shareholding the size they have and at best they will hand over cash to stay still.

A rethink would be sensible but whatever, up to them, just seems like they keep believing that something will change. It was over a long time ago.

There was some potential in getting fans to make monthly contributions but not down the route they’ve gone and they continue to head down it.

@hibs.net private member
    Just until the next AGM. If there’s another share issue they can do the same thing. There’s absolutely no influence though for a shareholding the size they have and at best they will hand over cash to stay still.

A rethink would be sensible but whatever, up to them, just seems like they keep believing that something will change. It was over a long time ago.

There was some potential in getting fans to make monthly contributions but not down the route they’ve gone and they continue to head down it.
    I’m a little confused here Trinity, you tell is you are a member of HSL but consistently use the word “them” when being critical. If you are a member then surely the words you are looking for would be “we” and “us”? If you are a member then you are very much part of HSL and have as much influence as any other member, including those who give their time and effort to run it on our behalf.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    It is reality. As a member of HSL and this site, I’ll post what I like about the subject thanks.

Fair dos.

HSL still have a shareholding in the club, so I can’t agree that there is no point anymore.