hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Tom Lockyer

Tom Lockyer

If anyone has spare time have a listen to the Monday Night Club from Monday on BBC sounds.

Tom Lockyer on the programme and is a great listen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Not being funny but why? Who's Tom Lockyer?

Done my Google. Good luck to the lad. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luton captain who collapsed on the pitch twice in the last 9 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Thought this was well known.

He's the captain of Luton Town. Has collapsed twice while on the pitch. Most recently just before Christmas.

I listened to it, very moving.
    I feel peculiarly attached to him because in my brief stage of playing FIFA career mode he was my captain at Bristol rovers, took them to the top level and European qualification, he was head and shoulders above his teammates (which is why hes ended up in the Premiership in real life, clearly)

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I listened to it, very moving.
    I feel peculiarly attached to him because in my brief stage of playing FIFA career mode he was my captain at Bristol rovers, took them to the top level and European qualification, he was head and shoulders above his teammates (which is why hes ended up in the Premiership in real life, clearly)
    My dad played for Luton town during second world war, so always my second team...it shows that he was lucky that he collapsed during a match, otherwise he would not have made it. Think only 1 in 10 survive or in house or the street.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthven_raiders View Post
    My dad played for Luton town during second world war, so always my second team...it shows that he was lucky that he collapsed during a match, otherwise he would not have made it. Think only 1 in 10 survive or in house or the street.
    As someone who suffered both a heart attack and cardiac arrest at home last April you are sadly correct but the number is actually less than 1 in 10, a fact which I found out after the event which totally shocked me and made me realise anew how lucky I am.

Before that event, I didn't realise that Heart Attack and Cardiac Arrest were actually two different things with the latter by far the more serious.

Can I make a plea to those reading?

The British Heart Foundation do a 15 minutes online training that will show you how to do CPR and use a defibrillator.

The fact that my wife knew how to do CPR undoubtedly saved my life, but this was helped by the fact that we live 5 minutes from an ambulance station and they got there quicky and were able to shock me back to life (it took 3 goes)

Please try and find the 15 minutes to do this training, having done so you will be able to send a link on to your contacts to enable them to do so. Its a really powerful thing having the power to save a life within your hands and without my wife I simply wouldn't be here.

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 22-02-2024 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    As someone who suffered both a heart attack and cardiac arrest at home last April you are sadly correct but the number is actually less than 1 in 10, a fact which I found out after the event which totally shocked me and made me realise anew how lucky I am.

Before that event, I didn't realise that Heart Attack and Cardiac Arrest were actually two different things with the latter by far the more serious.

Can I make a plea to those reading?

The British Heart Foundation do a 15 minutes online training that will show you how to do CPR and use a defibrillator.

The fact that my wife knew how to do CPR undoubtedly saved my life, but this was helped by the fact that we live 5 minutes from an ambulance station and they got there quicky and were able to shock me back to life (it took 3 goes)

Please try and find the 15 minutes to do this training, having done so you will be able to send a link on to your contacts to enable them to do so. Its a really powerful thing having the power to save a life within your hands and without my wife I simply wouldn't be here.

Thanks for reading
    Thanks for sharing. Glad you are around to tell the tale.

To make it a little easier for others, I presume this is the training you refer to.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/revivr?gad_so...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

The device he's been fitted with is quite incredible

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Glad you are around to tell the tale.

To make it a little easier for others, I presume this is the training you refer to.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/revivr?gad_so...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Yes that is the link.

Many Thanks for this and your good wishes

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    If anyone has spare time have a listen to the Monday Night Club from Monday on BBC sounds.

Tom Lockyer on the programme and is a great listen.
    Could you post the link for it please. My dad was also one of the lucky ones and got one of these fitted.

My dad was at the hospital, acting out being a patient to help doctors go through their exams, when he collapsed for real. He wouldn't be here if it didn't happen where it did.

But the defib devices are unreal. They upload to an nhs server every night and he will be contacted if maybe something has been detected and he's not noticed

First Team Regular

He's the captain of Luton Town. Has collapsed twice while on the pitch. Most recently just before Christmas.
    It was well known but I must admit I'd also forgotten the name so think it was a fair question.

You can actually watch it on the iPlayer if you prefer to see the people talking. He came across very well, very positive and good humoured given the seriousness of the situation. He now has a device fitted which essentially acts like a defibrillator and kicks in automatically if his heart stops. He was joking about now being invincible, even if he 'dies' in his sleep from natural causes as an old man, the device will kick in and get his heart started again.

@hibs.net private member

Obviously not, as I've not heard of him either.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Could you post the link for it please. My dad was also one of the lucky ones and got one of these fitted.

My dad was at the hospital, acting out being a patient to help doctors go through their exams, when he collapsed for real. He wouldn't be here if it didn't happen where it did.

But the defib devices are unreal. They upload to an nhs server every night and he will be contacted if maybe something has been detected and he's not noticed
    Wow absolutely the best place for that to have happened. Hope he is well

Think he has come across really well in all of his recent interviews, wish him the best for the future