hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff

Jamie MacLaren to ‘sister club’

Nothing official or even unofficial yet, but I’m hearing that Jamie MacLaren is seriously considering moving next season to what will be our new ‘sister club’ in Auckland, and an announcement is days away.

Foley’s company were awarded the license for the new A League club which will enter the A League competition next season.

It’s not as if Jamie is an up and coming youngster who is coming through the ranks, so even if it is true, I don’t expect to see him at Easter Road again, but you never know………

At any rate, I guess it’s another Hibs connection in the Foley chain, and pretty sure if there is any aspiring talent that emerges in Auckland, Jamie would only have good things to say to them about Hibs and Edinburgh.

Ps On the other hand the info I received could be designed to strengthen Jamie’s hand in contract negotiations with his current club and is a load of tosh…..but my source usually knows what’s going on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Thanksfor sharing Fred 👍

Would be great to see Jamie in Auckland.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing official or even unofficial yet, but I’m hearing that Jamie MacLaren is seriously considering moving next season to what will be our new ‘sister club’ in Auckland, and an announcement is days away.

Foley’s company were awarded the license for the new A League club which will enter the A League competition next season.

It’s not as if Jamie is an up and coming youngster who is coming through the ranks, so even if it is true, I don’t expect to see him at Easter Road again, but you never know………

At any rate, I guess it’s another Hibs connection in the Foley chain, and pretty sure if there is any aspiring talent that emerges in Auckland, Jamie would only have good things to say to them about Hibs and Edinburgh.

Ps On the other hand the info I received could be designed to strengthen Jamie’s hand in contract negotiations with his current club and is a load of tosh…..but my source usually knows what’s going on.
    Has he not been on the wane recently? His numbers are down, binned from the Oz squad, and been offered a significantly reduced contract.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Has he not been on the wane recently? His numbers are down, binned from the Oz squad, and been offered a significantly reduced contract.
    Phenomenal goal scorer in his time. Think we should get him back

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I’d 100% have him back here as an option
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He was injured initially, but the main reason he hasn’t been scoring as many is basically that his team has not been dominating games like they used to…and if not getting balls into the box means Jamie doesn’t get to contribute much.

As far as the Socceroos go, he’s never been an automatic starter, and will struggle to get back in I think.

His contract was rumoured to be a million dollars a year and the word is he was offered one by Melbourne City that was substantially reduced.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 22-02-2024 at 11:03 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    We could do far worse than get him back here, pronto.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    We could do far worse than get him back here, pronto.
    No question we could do worse, but I definitely hope we do an awful lot better.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Phenomenal goal scorer in his time. Think we should get him back
    He's Dylan Vente with less pace and a lot more miles on the clock. No thanks.

When I hear "sister club" I automatically think of extra-curricular activities at Tynecastle.

I hope Jamie McLaren isn't going there.

Promising Youngster
    We could have Harry Kane in the team but we don’t get the ball in dangerous areas enough.

McLaren/Vente, both would suffer from lack of service