hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

Make your opinion known to the SPFL

Highlights of the match against Aberdeen are on the official SPFL channel here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF4ysMgsqmg

Guess what, they didn't even include the handball incident in the footage !!!

I've posted my views on this in the comments, I would ask other Hibs fans to do the same. If the club won't call out blatant cheating then we can. Please post your thoughts on the comments section on Youtube and like comments that do the same.

EDIT: They have deleted my comment - I didn't use any foul language, I just pointed out the cheating that goes on by VAR officials. I've commented again.. let's see how long it lasts before the delete again.
    Last edited by worcesterhibby; 19-02-2024 at 04:37 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Highlights of the match against Aberdeen are on the official SPFL channel here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF4ysMgsqmg

I've posted my views on this in the comments, I would ask other Hibs fans to do the same. If the club won't call out blatant cheating then we can. Please post your thoughts on the comments section on Youtube and like comments that do the same.

EDIT: They have deleted my comment - I didn't use any foul language, I just pointed out the cheating that goes on by VAR officials. I've commented again.. let's see how long it lasts before the delete again.

The VAR officials make errors or mistakes.
    Publicly accusing them of cheating on the official SPFL youtube channel is a whole other thing to babbling rubbish on here unless you have credible evidence of wrong doing.

P.S. can't believe they allow folk to leave comments.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 19-02-2024 at 11:18 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Publicly accusing them of cheating on the official SPFL youtube channel is a whole other thing to babbling rubbish on here, unless you have credible evidence of wrong doing.
    Hi David Dickinson.

David Dickinson is orange, that is a fact. 😉

Publicly accusing them of cheating on the official SPFL youtube channel is a whole other thing to babbling rubbish on here.
    Unless you have credible evidence of wrong doing it's far from clever.
    It’s not rubbish, as any Hibs fan can tell. We have a list of similar incidents that have occurred, all going against us, it is not an isolated incident. It goes back a long time too, pre-VAR … VAR just gives more opportunities for more of these incidents against us. Check out how long they take to look at how they can find a way to disallow some of our goals.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    David Dickinson is orange, that is a fact. 😉
    It was as clear as could be that the dons guy used an arm to divert the ball away from the Hibs player in the dons penalty box. How a guy in a van using every television picture available, couldn't see it, must have been blindfolded when viewing. Dearie me.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Publicly accusing them of cheating on the official SPFL youtube channel is a whole other thing to babbling rubbish on here unless you have credible evidence of wrong doing.

P.S. can't believe they allow folk to leave comments.
    With respect, we will have to disagree on that one. Any normal human watching four of five angles of the Aberdeen player sticking out his arm and deflecting the ball away, would know it was an obvious penalty. Unless they don't have eyes, or care so little about their job that they didn't look, the guys in the VAR box knew it was a penalty, but chose not to alert the referee. Therefore the evidence to me suggests that the officials were cheating. The fact that the official SPFL youtube channel then decides not to show that incident in their highlights, also suggest they are trying to cover it up. The BBC highlights showed it. The Hibs highlights showed it. When I post asking why it wasn't given, they delete my original post.

Yes I think that's creditable evidence of wrong doing. What other evidence do you need ?

Are you a Freemason by any chance ? (not an accusation, just a question)

With respect, we will have to disagree on that one. Any normal human watching four of five angles of the Aberdeen player sticking out his arm and deflecting the ball away, would know it was an obvious penalty. Unless they don't have eyes, or care so little about their job that they didn't look, the guys in the VAR box knew it was a penalty, but chose not to alert the referee. Therefore the evidence to me suggests that the officials were cheating. The fact that the official SPFL youtube channel then decides not to show that incident in their highlights, also suggest they are trying to cover it up. The BBC highlights showed it. The Hibs highlights showed it. When I post asking why it wasn't given, they delete my original post.

Yes I think that's creditable evidence of wrong doing. What other evidence do you need ?

A strange one but i'll indulge you.
    I used to think the masons was just for men hiding from their wives of an evening, getting access to cheap drink whilst desperately networking for a leg up at work.
    As for the thought of having to attend extra meetings I don't have to, it would fill me with dread. That and all the Harry Potter stuff. It's not for me.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 21-02-2024 at 10:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Worcester iirc did you not contribute to the original SPFL survey around The Rangers debacle?
    I notice they’ve now taken on the mantle but that independence was quite powerful tool. The idea of it would have been wonderful to maintain but I know maintenance etc isn’t quite as straightforward as it may seem.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!

It becomes pointless arguing with those who refuse to see. It was so obvious even the BBC highlights programme called it out. I'm a mild mannered, normally benefit of the doubt person, but that was blatant, and plain to see. It would have put us 2-1 up, and in the driving seat.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    It would have put us 2-1 up, and in the driving seat.
    Maybe...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Maybe...
    I saw you arguing with someone else earlier, and semantics was your buzz word

Okay, Probably would have put us 2-1 up, and in the driving seat.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    I saw you arguing with someone else earlier, and semantics was your buzz word

Okay, Probably would have put us 2-1 up, and in the driving seat.

It would have given us the opportunity to go 2-1 ahead.

right back at you.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It would have given us the opportunity to go 2-1 ahead.

right back at you.

Promising Youngster
    As I mentioned some time ago, since Hibs made an official complaint to the referees association we have had so many dubious decisions by referees regarding penalties and ridiculous bookings. It's not going to change. They think by saying "Sorry, we made a mistake" it makes it OK. But what about the consequences for the clubs due to inefficient refereeing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwihibby View Post
    As I mentioned some time ago, since Hibs made an official complaint to the referees association we have had so many dubious decisions by referees regarding penalties and ridiculous bookings. It's not going to change. They think by saying "Sorry, we made a mistake" it makes it OK. But what about the consequences for the clubs due to inefficient refereeing.
    Good post. There has to be a root and branch change made, to ensure fairness across the board. The Dons player who played the ball with his arm has to be the last straw, please.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Dickinson was also the ref in a Hibs Aberdeen game at ER when a similar blatant handball was ignored by Ross Mcrorie. Seems a little coincidental by Philippe Clementes good mate. Fair beaming he was when Rangers scored v Hearts at Hampden.