hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar

Old Firm- any excuse

I see that Rangers have cancelled all of the tickets for Celtic supporters for the ladies fixture.

It doesn't seem to matter whether it's boys, women, or men games, they are always looking for bother.

The ladies games have Benn a success for a few years now but they have both started to sink plenty money in to their respective team. Was always going to get messy

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    They’re an embarrassment to Scotland, pure and simple.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Was there not some (ahem) Police “intelligence” that lead them to taking action?

Think it was summit along the lines of a massive uptake in tickets they recon ended up in Sellick fans hands for the Home end or similar.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I saw a celtic player tweeting about this yesterday. A lot of reply from huns suggested they'd cancelled specific tickets for a reason. Not 100% sure what that was though

The pair of them are an embarrassment. Doesn't matter if its woman's or kids fitbaw. The bile always comes out

Football is nothing without fans. Those two clubs are a complete and utter embarrassment to Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I understand that it was because a lot of away tickets were purchased by known 'people'. I took it to mean the green brigade or similar.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Women’s football should have started without the ugly sisters’ influence (unfortunate misogynistic overtones there, im sure you know what i mean ) and binned any notion of copying the mens team names. Income generation would have been more difficult at first but it would have got there, and without the sectarianism and associated national embarrassment.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Scotland’s shame

Meanwhile back in the 21st century…..

Jokes on them!No wonder the football up here is seen as a joke everywhere. The petulance of rangers has become overbearing and the SFA should be stepping in and setting some guidelines at this point to protect the games reputation.

They were cancelled because a large number of tickets were bought by Celtc Ultras, who the police suggested were going to the game purely to cause trouble.

I've obviously no idea if that was the case or not, but it does kind of explain the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were cancelled because a large number of tickets were bought by Celtc Ultras, who the police suggested were going to the game purely to cause trouble.

I've obviously no idea if that was the case or not, but it does kind of explain the decision.

Based on all the reports I've read about this your summary appears to be correct.

Celtc fans looking for bother, possibly some pro Palestine demonstration as well. Polis found out about it and told the huns to cancel the away tickets.

Pretty sad state of affairs, but for once I don't think the blue cheek of the arse is to blame.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

And the explanation backs up the assessment of most on this thread that the pair of them are an embarrassment to Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Based on all the reports I've read about this your summary appears to be correct.

Celtc fans looking for bother, possibly some pro Palestine demonstration as well. Polis found out about it and told the huns to cancel the away tickets.

Pretty sad state of affairs, but for once I don't think the blue cheek of the arse is to blame.

There was something along the lines of, the police, rangers and Celtic had an emergency meeting about it once it became known about the ticket purchases. Celtic were supposedly asked to cancel specific tickets based on the known ultras/whatever theyre classed as, they refused. So rangers said they’d just cancel all the Celtic tickets.

Pair of them are a shambles and a shame upon Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    Football is nothing without fans. Those two clubs are a complete and utter embarrassment to Scottish football.
    its their fans who are the embarrassment.

First Team Breakthrough
    It didn't take them long to pull the womens game down to the its all about us level of the men's game I'm sure their coaches were involved in a public post match who is the biggest ******** debate last year, give me the Hibs v Glasgow city days back please

Left by mutual consent!
    A stain on Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    It really is a shame these two clubs exist in Scottish football and society. A complete embarrassment with the West Coast media sensationalising it all, stirring the pot and whipping it up to encourage the sizeable contingent of neanderthals in both fan bases. Sad stuff that does Scotland's image no favour whatsoever.