hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were brilliant.

Kenny Dalglish's son, Paul, played for Livi that night, iirc.
    He did not. I thought he did too so I checked, they were:

Livingston: McKenzie, McNamee (Snodgrass 67), Pinxten, Strong, Mackay, Lambert (Adams 72), Walker, Dair, Tierney, Hislop (Scott 45), Hoolahan. Subs Not Used: Roy, Dorado, Dorrans, Vincze.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Get well soon Tony

We were brilliant.

Kenny Dalglish's son, Paul, played for Livi that night, iirc.
    Made football look easy. So much fun to watch in those days.

Get well soon, Tony.

@hibs.net private member
    Get well soon Tony.

Get well quickly Tony, made watching Hibernian an absolute treat again.

Mogga was Bruce Rioch's captain during the Boro's liquidation crisis of 1986 and the subsequent consecutive promotions. I followed the club home and away during that time, and they were the best times of my football supporting life. Mogga will always be a legend to me and many like me (despite having managed Sunderland), and everyone down here will be wishing him a swift recovery.

On a different note, Arriva North East has a small "Boro Legends" fleet of buses, and as a driver I often get to drive the bus named after Tony Mowbray. For any bus nerds out there, it's Fleet Number 1444, currently based at Redcar depot.

Get well soon, Mogga. First Hibs manager I have memories of as a child, and what a way to start. They don’t come much better than him. 💚

Quote Originally Posted by AngloHibs View Post
    Mogga was Bruce Rioch's captain during the Boro's liquidation crisis of 1986 and the subsequent consecutive promotions. I followed the club home and away during that time, and they were the best times of my football supporting life. Mogga will always be a legend to me and many like me (despite having managed Sunderland), and everyone down here will be wishing him a swift recovery.

On a different note, Arriva North East has a small "Boro Legends" fleet of buses, and as a driver I often get to drive the bus named after Tony Mowbray. For any bus nerds out there, it's Fleet Number 1444, currently based at Redcar depot.
    Brilliant!

Left by mutual consent!
    Best wishes to TM and his family, hope he makes a full recovery.

My favourite Hibs manager overall. Stubbs a very close second.

Always enjoyed his time as a Hibs manager. Honest and very down to earth, I really hope he makes a speedy recover!

Get well soon Tony!

Speedy recovery Tony. Hopefully taking this step back will allow him to get whatever the issue is sorted.

A fabulous manager for Hibernian at a time when we needed one badly. Will always be grateful to him developing and bringing through the golden generation while adding the likes of Jones, Murphy, Sproule, Zemmama, Benji, etc that played the best brand of football I’d seen at Easter Road since I was a boy and the Tornadoes.

Probably my favourite Hibs manager. I loved watching his Hibs team and he has always seemed a thoroughly decent man. I could never get all that worked up about the Celtic huddle thing so many seem to hold against him.

Wishing him all the best and hope he's back fighting fit soon.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Something that reflects the difference Mowbray made was the increase in average attendance at Easter Road, 3.400 higher than the previous season.

We would have games against Rangers and Celtc and knew we had a decent chance of winning, even at Ibrox and Celtc Park

A wonderful time to be a Hibby.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    He did not. I thought he did too so I checked, they were:

Livingston: McKenzie, McNamee (Snodgrass 67), Pinxten, Strong, Mackay, Lambert (Adams 72), Walker, Dair, Tierney, Hislop (Scott 45), Hoolahan. Subs Not Used: Roy, Dorado, Dorrans, Vincze.

I’m sure Paul Dalglish was in the Hibs team that night. Best wishes to Tony.

Edit: I can see he wasn’t in the team, maybe I was sitting near him or something, something about that game and Paul Dalglish rings a bell!
    Last edited by wallpaperman; 19-02-2024 at 05:54 PM.

All the best Tony

Get well soon Mogga.

That's cool. I didn't know bus nerds were a thing, but it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    There was a 7-0 against livingston when Chris Killen had just joined, Riordan, O'Connor, Steven Fletcher, Sproule all playing like the Famous Five...

Was that the same season we put 9 past someone in the cup?

I remember listening to the radio in the car the following day, grant stott and a hearts supporting presenter (who’s name I can’t remember) were on, both had been at the game. The hearts fan was saying when we got to 6, he was praying that if we scored again we’d get another after that, just so the 7-0 references wouldn’t come out

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

I'm driving up to play Cleveland Links on Friday so I'll keep an eye out for any buses!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    I’m sure Paul Dalglish was in the Hibs team that night. Best wishes to Tony.

Edit: I can see he wasn’t in the team, maybe I was sitting near him or something, something about that game and Paul Dalglish rings a bell!
    I could have sworn that he had played for Livi that night, but he must have been in my head because we had just signed him a few days earlier at the end of the January window.

The memory can't be trusted!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I could have sworn that he had played for Livi that night, but he must have been in my head because we had just signed him a few days earlier at the end of the January window.

The memory can't be trusted!

He signed from Livi for us at the end of January that year. We played Livi in Feb/March I'm sure. He of course set up Benji with the layoff in a 2-1 win over hertz.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wishing you well, and are back on your feet again soon Tony. A golden time when you were Hibernian Manager.

I enjoyed this video of Stephen Glass, on TM's tenure. A good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    He signed from Livi for us at the end of January that year. We played Livi in Feb/March I'm sure. He of course set up Benji with the layoff in a 2-1 win over hertz.
    Yes, the game was on the 8th of February 2006.

Yes, the game was on the 8th of February 2006.
    it was bloody freezing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    Wishing you well, and are back on your feet again soon Tony. A golden time when you were Hibernian Manager.

I enjoyed this video of Stephen Glass, on TM's tenure. A good watch.

Decent that.

Hits home on our recent woes too and what I keep saying. You can tell early on who has it and who doesn't and thats usually right.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Decent that.

Hits home on our recent woes too and what I keep saying. You can tell early on who has it and who doesn't and thats usually right.

TM signed Ivan Sproule. Probably my favorite ever Hibs winger, since goodness knows when. Watched Ivan score a hat trick at Ibrox, and it was magical. Squirrel is right up there too, and when he retires, he'll be held up as a hibs legend. TM's time as manager was simply brilliant, and as everyone else does, I hope he recovers soon. You can tell the respect that Stephen Glass holds for TM in that interview, and Stephen is an intelligent articulate guy, just as he was a footballer.

Was it Dunfermline Glass scored a peach of a volley to win a game for us towards the end under Mowbray? Might have been right before Christmas.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    Was it Dunfermline Glass scored a peach of a volley to win a game for us towards the end under Mowbray? Might have been right before Christmas.
    Aberdeen

Hibs won 2-1

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    All the best Tony, speedy recovery.

Left by mutual consent!
    Best wishes, Tony.

I hope you make a full recovery.