hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not me mate, I understand where you're coming from though, there are those who want us to play like Brazils Pele, Jairzinho, Rivellino, Tostao, Gerson, etc. Me, I'll take any win, as long we win. If its a hard fought game of few chances but we win 1-0 from a deflection or own goal, penalty doesn't matter. Of course we all want to win with a bit of panache or a Roberto Carlos 35 yard screamer, but I just want to win as many games as possible, ugly if need be.

Can't score goals like this all of the time

A squiggler !

2. Log in to remove the advert

Been very impressed with Moriah-Welsh , sort of player we have been badly needing in midfield for a long time now and hopefully takes some pressure of Newell now too . Article here about him and Maolida who looks good too . Really hoping to see them and Marcondes playing this weekend.
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...mentum-4527301

Not me mate, I understand where you're coming from though, there are those who want us to play like Brazils Pele, Jairzinho, Rivellino, Tostao, Gerson, etc. Me, I'll take any win, as long we win. If its a hard fought game of few chances but we win 1-0 from a deflection or own goal, penalty doesn't matter. Of course we all want to win with a bit of panache or a Roberto Carlos 35 yard screamer, but I just want to win as many games as possible, ugly if need be.

Can't score goals like this all of the time

So people were half right when they referred to Kujabi as the Gambian Roberto Carlos. He could certainly do the first part with the ball heading wide right, but never quite mastered the second part where it swerves back on target.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    So people were half right when they referred to Kujabi as the Gambian Roberto Carlos. He could certainly do the first part with the ball heading wide right, but never quite mastered the second part where it swerves back on target.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    I'll have a pint of what this guy is on.
    He's right, Saturday will be a turning point and I've put my money where my mouth is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    A squiggler !
    Didn't want to look it up, but Johnny Rankin yes? If my not so great memory serves me correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Been very impressed with Moriah-Welsh , sort of player we have been badly needing in midfield for a long time now and hopefully takes some pressure of Newell now too . Article here about him and Maolida who looks good too . Really hoping to see them and Marcondes playing this weekend.
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...mentum-4527301
    totally agree, someone who wants to win the ball.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Hibernian V Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Docherty hasn’t won a game against Montgomery yet this season has he? Now I’m sure that was also the case when Stephen Robinson rocked up at ER and won 3-0 but I’m hoping it’s different at the weekend. It certainly needs to be.
    Whilst I’d love that to be true, he rocked up on day 1 of the season and put 3 past us then as well 0/6 points against them at home this season. 8 goals conceded in 3 games against them at ER including the league cup. Glaringly obvious what our biggest issue is this season

Edit. Just realised you said against Monty so I’m blethering. Although the other issues are accurate still

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Wonder if Owen Beck will be fit as went off injured on Saturday. Docherty has done a good job and they are playing decent stuff. A few goals in this game and absolutely have to defend better than at Pittodrie. Cameron a very good young player

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Wonder if Owen Beck will be fit as went off injured on Saturday. Docherty has done a good job and they are playing decent stuff. A few goals in this game and absolutely have to defend better than at Pittodrie. Cameron a very good young player
    One of there better players alright who'd they miss if out . Doherty has done well , they were very defensive and well organised last time at ER , still think on another day we'd have won though. When they played hertz at tiny they looked good in the first half though seem to decide they had the job done in the 2nd and looked awful .

Think we have more than enough firepower upfront to get the job done though as you say we have to keep it tight at the back and stop conceding silly goals .
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 22-02-2024 at 04:47 PM.

Dundee haven’t beaten Hibs at Easter Road since October 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    That'll be that then😭

Still wondering who Monty will go with as the two CH's , will he stick with Fish and Triantis or will he pick either Hanlon or Rocky now their available? Is Fish a guaranteed starter btw ? .
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-sheet-4528785

Left by mutual consent!
    Shut. Up. 😭😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Still wondering who Monty will go with as the two CH's , will he stick with Fish and Triantis or will he pick either Hanlon or Rocky now their available? Is Fish a guaranteed starter btw ? .

Don't think it matters hugely. They've all cost us goals. Probably best sticking with Fish/Triantis, at least let them get to know each other. Or maybe fire in Rocky and Hanlon, they at least show the correct level of desire to clear their areas, successful or not.

Attack is probably the best form of defence for us right now. No faffing about at the back.

First Team Regular
    Give Rocky a shot. He’s no worse than either Fish or Triantis, and he’s our own player so let’s develop him.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Don't think it matters hugely. They've all cost us goals. Probably best sticking with Fish/Triantis, at least let them get to know each other. Or maybe fire in Rocky and Hanlon, they at least show the correct level of desire to clear their areas, successful or not.

Attack is probably the best form of defence for us right now. No faffing about at the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    Give Rocky a shot. He’s no worse than either Fish or Triantis, and he’s our own player so let’s develop him.

Hard to know who Monty will go with tbh though trying to stop crosses coming into our box which I think has been a problem for us at times would be a help . They will probably play 5-3 -2 again so hopefully we can take the game by the scruff of the neck and get an early goal this time to settle everyone down.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    I can't see Rocky being called back in so soon. Fish and Triantis will likely be the pairing. Rocky will probably be back in at some point though.

Left by mutual consent!
    I
    I can't see Rocky being called back in so soon. Fish and Triantis will likely be the pairing. Rocky will probably be back in at some point though.
    Rocky should be in, rather than Will.

Of course, that’s my opinion.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    I

If he is in, then we can only hope that he has a good game, and we win it. I put a coupon on today in Ladbrokes, Hibs to win, so over to you Monty.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows tongue View Post
    I

Rocky and Hanlon ( if fit) should start over Trantis or Fish. We need to find a defensive formula that stops us conceding so many goals. The two loanees aren’t it.

Hopefully Amos is deemed fit enough to start a game too.

I'd settle for any sort of win and a clean sheet. Leaking far too many soft goals recently.

This is a very different Dundee to the Dundee who have yo yo'd up and down the leagues in the last 20-odd years.

Dochertys assembled a very strong squad who Id say are better than us at the back are creative in midfield and decent up top.

If they beat us they go 8 points clear of us which we can't afford to let happen.

I think Saturday will very much determine whether we're top 6 or not so a win is vital.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    This is a very different Dundee to the Dundee who have yo yo'd up and down the leagues in the last 20-odd years.

Dochertys assembled a very strong squad who Id say are better than us at the back are creative in midfield and decent up top.

If they beat us they go 8 points clear of us which we can't afford to let happen.

I think Saturday will very much determine whether we're top 6 or not so a win is vital.
    Agreed. Has to be a win or top 6 is out of reach

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post

Dundee are probably better than alot of some of there other teams over the years though we still should beat them which we already have at dens and outplayed them ER when we had 63% possession , 22 shots /9 on target. 14 corners. I do fancy us to win tomorrow though it won't easy.

I see Rocky has turned into this superb player whilst being away. Some folk have short memories.

A bit like Jair, he has improved but is nowhere near good enough for us.

Right now Fish and Hanlon are the best pairing we have. Not saying they are brilliant and clearly not the long term pairing, but the long term has to start from the summer.

I think we've shaded the games against Dundee this season. The 0-0 at ER in September was arguably Montgomerys best game this season. We did everything but score.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I see Rocky has turned into this superb player whilst being away. Some folk have short memories.

A bit like Jair, he has improved but is nowhere near good enough for us.

Right now Fish and Hanlon are the best pairing we have. Not saying they are brilliant and clearly not the long term pairing, but the long term has to start from the summer.
    I was slightly surprised to see folk calling for Rocky to be included in the first team so soon after returning. He has certainly had his 'moments', where he's looked less than capable, but if he is picked, we can only hope that Monty knows what he is doing, and wins a vital three points at home. Let's look at the other scenario, Rocky is picked to start, makes game changing mistake, Monty's finished imo. If Rocky is picked and solid, with a comfortable home win, all is good and Monty gains credit. There's a lot riding on tomorrow, especially for the management team. Just win.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I was slightly surprised to see folk calling for Rocky to be included in the first team so soon after returning. He has certainly had his 'moments', where he's looked less than capable, but if he is picked, we can only hope that Monty knows what he is doing, and wins a vital three points at home. Let's look at the other scenario, Rocky is picked to start, makes game changing mistake, Monty's finished imo. If Rocky is picked and solid, with a comfortable home win, all is good and Monty gains credit. There's a lot riding on tomorrow, especially for the management team. Just win.
    They have a big 6ft 4 centre forward, and the last game we played against them in November, it was Fish and Rocky in central defence
    Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s back in tomorrow

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    They have a big 6ft 4 centre forward, and the last game we played against them in November, it was Fish and Rocky in central defence
    Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s back in tomorrow
    If he is back in tomorrow, Monty had better hope, that Rocky is solid. . Big game tomorrow. Here's to a much needed victory.