hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dylan Vente

@hibs.net private member
    Makes a point a few times about his role as a striker: https://youtu.be/KfXJYgIBwH4?si=gM9hgjhXDJtwc9zC

2. Log in to remove the advert

Said earlier in thread I felt his lack of goals came from generally just a lack of service, his average shots per game this season has been so low in comparison to strikers we would ideally like him to be close to (Miovski and Shankland for example).

But Saturday was the first time since the last derby where he had more than one shot in a game and the first since we beat Aberdeen in early December that he's had more than two, and he's came away with a goal (which should have been two) and an assist. Getting him involved in the game as an actual striker in the box with the team almost built to create as many chances for him between will, in my opinion, be a big reason we make top 6 if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Said earlier in thread I felt his lack of goals came from generally just a lack of service, his average shots per game this season has been so low in comparison to strikers we would ideally like him to be close to (Miovski and Shankland for example).

But Saturday was the first time since the last derby where he had more than one shot in a game and the first since we beat Aberdeen in early December that he's had more than two, and he's came away with a goal (which should have been two) and an assist. Getting him involved in the game as an actual striker in the box with the team almost built to create as many chances for him between will, in my opinion, be a big reason we make top 6 if it happens.
    Agree about the lack service for Vente , he's also been played were we haven't been getting the best out of him either which must have had an effect on his confidence too . Play him more were he's suited and give him the service and I do think he would score a lot of goals for us .

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Agree about the lack service for Vente , he's also been played were we haven't been getting the best out of him either which must have had an effect on his confidence too . Play him more were he's suited and give him the service and I do think he would score a lot of goals for us .
    Definitely. I think his play in the assist alone showed that his confidence was back up after even having one ruled out. Lovely weighted ball.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Our best player yesterday according to football stats giant Sofa with a score of 8.6 three shots on target one goal one assist closely followed by Joe Newell 7.5 Maolida 7.4
    If there was a stat for how many times you put Shaughnessy on his arse Maolida would've got a 10.

@hibs.net private member
    Definitely. I think his play in the assist alone showed that his confidence was back up after even having one ruled out. Lovely weighted ball.
    Which funnily enough came from him being deep and getting on the ball

Amazing what scoring a goal can do for a striker's confidence. He was very unfortunate with the disallowed goal , thought his movement was very good in it . The ball to Maolida was perfectly played alright. Hopefully his confidence is high now going into the derby and he scores again 🤞

The stat that jumped out at me was touches in opposition penalty box with 7. Thats something, especially as he was barely getting a touch in recent games. That stat, as well as the obvious talent we’ve stumbled into with Chairman Maolida, who looks like an actual Lyon/Hertha standard player, Boyle in the goals again and Emiliano being a step above what were used to, gives me real confidence there are goals in this team now.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The stat that jumped out at me was touches in opposition penalty box with 7. Thats something, especially as he was barely getting a touch in recent games. That stat, as well as the obvious talent we’ve stumbled into with Chairman Maolida, who looks like an actual Lyon/Hertha standard player, Boyle in the goals again and Emiliano being a step above what were used to, gives me real confidence there are goals in this team now.
    The best thing he did was grab the ball as soon as the penalty was given. He was taking it and that was that and that’s what I want from my striker.

There is definitely more goals in the team now and that wasn’t our biggest problem anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think the midfield players we have recruited are a big part of this , Marcondes allowing Vente to play further forward and Moriah -Welsh energy in midfield , covering as much ground as he does have improved us , Amos looks very good too . I thought our midfield dominated the game which probably helped the defence as well as we restricted them to only one shot on target too which was a good sign.

His holding the ball and link up play is good as well hope he can kick on rate him 👍

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    Which funnily enough came from him being deep and getting on the ball
    Indeed

I thought he was fantastic tonight. Put in a shift and should have had at least one goal

Between ridiculous offside goals and clearances off the line the lad should be on double digits.

Formation change and better players coming in has helped him massively

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    I thought he was fantastic tonight. Put in a shift and should have had at least one goal

Between ridiculous offside goals and clearances off the line the lad should be on double digits.

Formation change and better players coming in has helped him massively
    Noticeable difference when he went off, our front four had been putting in a power of work to close down and block and hit on the break, Vente more than the others. We missed that when he was subbed.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    I say this all the time I think he's great, he works his socks off every game.

Two cleared off the line tonight, one was a brilliant flick.

Very unlucky.

Hopefully gets for confidence now and bangs them in for the rest of the season

He's quality, no doubt.

And with better players around him now, we will see him become a key player for us.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Will get the goals his play deserves sooner rather than later. Really unlucky tonight.

@hibs.net private member

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Interesting. How does he qualify for them??

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Interesting. How does he qualify for them??
    No idea there are obviously huge links between the countries can only assume a parent/grandparent

@hibs.net private member
    Read earlier that his great uncle had a nearly goal a game record for Feyenoord and the Netherlands and played in the 1934 and 1938 World Cup.

Useless fact for the day

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Interesting one. I wonder now with Brexit if some European players feel it's better now to get out and play for these types of nations once their chances of ever playing for their country of birth dies off to help with future work permits as they get older?

That said it's also great chance to potentially go play in the Gold Cup etc down the line and either way will probably be a half decent experience if he can put up with the travel.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Will get the goals his play deserves sooner rather than later. Really unlucky tonight.
    Hopefully Sunday.

Looking at the Hibs squad ( including loans in/out ) . With Vente being called up by Suriname I make it we have 14 different nationalities . Don't think we have ever had that many different , have we ? .

New national coach Suriname withdraws call for Dylan Vente at the last minute (voetbalzone.nl)

New national coach Suriname withdraws call for Dylan Vente at the last minute

Dylan Vente appeared to be included in the pre-selection of the national team of Suriname on Thursday, but that news was premature. The Hibernian FC striker suddenly appeared on the list of the provisional selection, without having made a decision about his international career. That's what sources around the player report to Voetbalzone. In the meantime, the news has also been rectified by the Surinamese federation (SVB). Furthermore, it was announced on Thursday-evening that Stanley Menzo is the new national coach.

n the pre-selection for the friendly game against Martinique, Vente's name suddenly appeared. The 24-year-old striker from Rotterdam has never played for Suriname, but as a top talent of Feyenoord he played dozens of youth international matches for the Dutch national team. The fact that Vente was on the provisional list of the Natio caused a lot of confusion on X.

In the future, Vente could possibly play for Suriname, but at the moment there is no question of an international career for the Natio. Inquiries show that the centre-forward does indeed have Surinamese roots, but sources around the player report that the rumour is 'not yet applicable'.

In the end, the alleged selection turns out to be a misunderstanding. The official account of the federation (@officialsvb on Instagram) had initially shared a list with Vente's name on it, but it has now been reposted. The former club top scorer of Roda JC is therefore missing from the correct list.

However, the previously posted list was quickly copied on social media, making it unclear for a while. In the meantime, the list has been corrected: Vente is no longer among the other names. Aris Limassol striker Jaden Montnor, who is included in the second version, can therefore still hope for a call-up for the friendly game with Martinique.