hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dylan Vente

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he grew into the game and was better all round outside of the two times he out the ball n the net. Up until the penalty though I was thinking we should take him off at half time for Youan and put Maolida central as he wasn’t doing enough.
    Totally disagree that he wasn’t doing enough. Even before the penalty he was linking the play really well. Had some lovely one touch layoffs all through the game, and his cushioned header in the second half was really clever.

He hits the target with the chances he is presented. Some criticism has been justified in the last couple of months, but the most derogatory comments about his ability in this thread are embarrassing.

Used correctly, he’ll score goals. Today he was used correctly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Really pleased for him considering the stick he's taken lately on here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Thought he grew into the game and was better all round outside of the two times he out the ball n the net. Up until the penalty though I was thinking we should take him off at half time for Youan and put Maolida central as he wasn’t doing enough.
    I agree with the part about him growing into the game. No issues with his work rate but I thought he looked nervous and bereft of confidence first half, at times almost like he didn’t know what to do. I thought he looked visibly happier as the game went on and it was clear he was having a positive impact on the game.

He needed to have a good game today and he did.

Got an 8.6 on the footy apps today. Doesn't tell you everything but still impressive.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Delighted for him, goal and an assist and should have been more.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I'm not so sure he's as good as others suggest, although difficult to tell in the system.

Hold up, link up and first touch been poor for a while. Those are the basics for any striker in any system.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    With a post that’s hard to disagree with

He hasn't been great for a while before today, but I think that in bold is nonsense. Whilst he doesn't have the presence of many other strikers his hold up/link up play (for a wee guy) is very intelligent, and despite his lack of goals, has been for a while. On another day he could have had a hat trick today. Great to see him back, scoring, and playing well. And what a brilliant assist for Maolida's goal.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 24-02-2024 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Totally disagree that he wasn’t doing enough. Even before the penalty he was linking the play really well. Had some lovely one touch layoffs all through the game, and his cushioned header in the second half was really clever.

He hits the target with the chances he is presented. Some criticism has been justified in the last couple of months, but the most derogatory comments about his ability in this thread are embarrassing.

Used correctly, he’ll score goals. Today he was used correctly.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    He's one of my favourite players. He's no way scored as much as he should have. But he's neither up or down (never seems grumpy)and usually just works incredibly hard even if it not going his way

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I agree with the part about him growing into the game. No issues with his work rate but I thought he looked nervous and bereft of confidence first half, at times almost like he didn’t know what to do. I thought he looked visibly happier as the game went on and it was clear he was having a positive impact on the game.

He needed to have a good game today and he did.
    The goal changed things for him.

Him grabbing the ball as soon as the penalty was given was good.

Great player, can't believe he has doubters. Played correctly he will score goals.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Breakthrough
    Superb player and should be one of first names on team sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1989 View Post
    Superb player and should be one of first names on team sheet.
    Totally agree, as others as well have posted. His touch and link play is superb. Put him in the right place and he will score. His finish today was excellent and only freeze frame technology robbed him of a well taken goal.

Quote Originally Posted by SerenityGreen View Post
    Totally agree, as others as well have posted. His touch and link play is superb. Put him in the right place and he will score. His finish today was excellent and only freeze frame technology robbed him of a well taken goal.
    Ridiculous that this is seen as offside these days:

https://twitter.com/Nathan_Andy22/st...26856144703740

How did it come to that? Pre VAR this is as clear an onside goal as you could see:

Should have had two today and a great ball through for the winner. My MOTM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    Should have had two today and a great ball through for the winner. My MOTM.
    Surely Maolida was everyone’s MOTM no?

Left by mutual consent!
    He's a smashing player and I'm glad he scored and got an assist.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    I would go Vente for the assist also. Both had brilliant games.

@hibs.net private member
    He was good today. I think it's very clear he's a great striker.

We're fortunate Vente Boyle, Youan and Maolida are top drawer in this league, everyone with an idea knows that. What they need is supply With players like Marcondes they will score bucket loads.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    Vente, Maolida and Marcondes were levels above. I'd say Maolida for the points but Marcondes was levels above anyone on the park

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Yaaassssss!!! Chuffed for the boy. Took a set of stones tucking that penalty away.

Confidence player for sure. Seemed a yard quicker and hungrier after the goal. So happy for him.

The offside goal was classy great player when played correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Great player, can't believe he has doubters. Played correctly he will score goals.
    As much as some were maybe overreacting before, the same could maybe be said now the opposite way.

I’m chuffed for him and really hope this is the confidence boost he needed, good pen, good offside goal and good assist.

But we need to see good performances and an impact a lot more than he has been for the majority of the season. Thankfully he now has other players around him that will hopefully get the best out of him.

Is he a great striker? Still alot to prove imo.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    The offside goal was classy great player when played correctly
    . If we play him correctly and create chances for him I think we have a striker who could get 15 or 20 goals for us . Did Lovell mention at one point he was playing to deep ? ( Maybe wrong on that ) .

He was excellent. He generally is in most game. Work rate is a different level.

Delighted for him, just a pity he got one chalked off.

I’ve been critical of him off lately and mostly justified but when I seen how we set up yesterday I thought he might score and backed him for the first goal.
    Hopefully he can go on a wee run now and has gained some confidence from yesterday

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Hopefully kicks on from a good performance yesterday. A couple of games out the team seems to have done him the world of good.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Tidy penalty, some great saves from Carson and a goal that would have been given pre VAR.

Hope he has a good end to the season.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Hit the target with every attempt he had I think again yesterday. Penalty, the header that he had to generate all the power with, the disallowed goal, and the brilliant save by Carson just after we opened the scoring.

I’d certainly be looking for him to be scoring that latter chance, but at the same time, I’m quite happy with how he missed it. Had he simply slashed at it/blasted it over the bar, I’d have been annoyed, but he once again showed great composure.

Think he was banking on the keeper throwing himself across the goal, so the deliberate side foot finish to the near post made sense. To go through that thought process and execute the finish in a split second is impressive.

Obviously if he were to miss chances like that every week it would be a problem, but I think his composed and deliberate approach will bring many more goals. Didn’t appreciate just how good his finish was for the disallowed goal, thought he was much closer in. That was a lovely, guided side foot, on the half volley, as well.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Our best player yesterday according to football stats giant Sofa with a score of 8.6 three shots on target one goal one assist closely followed by Joe Newell 7.5 Maolida 7.4