hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Call It Out

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's even worse from that angle.

I go back to the point I made after the Celtic game.

How long did VAR spend checking the video for the second Celtic penalty? It was different angles, slow motion, freeze frame stuff to get the decision. Forensic analysis to make sure the correct decision was arrived at.

Where was that diligence yesterday? Why are we not afforded a second or third look at that? Any check more than a cursory glance would tell you it's a penalty. The referee should be embarrassed that he's not seen it in real time but if you accept that's an honest mistake, then how can you possibly explain away VAR not giving it? Not even a pitch side review.

I'm 100% behind Hibs making a song and dance about it - we absolutely should be.
    That is my biggest issue. Why do we never seem to get play stopped for decisions that could be in our favour unless there is a goal and they have to. Even then we get the short end of teh stick sometimes and have horrendous decisions like teh Ross County one where Marshall was fouled. I could almost get it when the Uglies are the only ones benefitting given how tailored Scottish football is to their needs. However it seems to be we don't get decisions against anyone and VAR has unbelievably made it even more obvious. It doesn't help that decisions like this are glossed over on TV with nonsense talk about Teeshirts etc. We know the rules it was a very simple and obvious decision. What makes it even worse is teams are getting handball pens against us and the players aren't appealing as they haven't seen a handball. Every player in teh video in a green shirt and a Don in teh crowd appear to see it is an obvious handball and the ref misses it, unexplainable to me, and it doesn't appear to be reviewed. If it was reviewed how much clearer can an error be.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Rangers were awarded two penalties today after the Ref missed both infringements and was called to the monitor to watch them again.

If only the VAR team were so dedicated when it came to other clubs, like Hibs.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    He is either doing nothing or doing to in the background. Needs to be far. Ore vocal. I want refs to know we are not happy with the consistently ***** calls.
    He needs to do it in public and with passion so that the manager, the fans and the players know we are not taking any **** any longer. That way each of those three understand their own roles in getting on the referee's back every game and making it more obvious to the refs, the media and everyone else that we will call out every bit of bias and poor refereeing we encounter.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    The footage from the Hibs media team confirms what we all thought. Half way down the arm, movement to ball and possibly the most obvious penalty for handball I have seen all season. It would have been a pen under any of the previous rules. Utter corruption that it is not given. For those who really like to torture themselves just go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbE5...anFootballClub and play it on 0.25 speed.
    Attachment 27703
    Wow don't think it could look worse however that picture does

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Haven’t seen the full highlights yet, but have seen the Access all Areas footage.

What exactly were they trying their hardest to rule out the equaliser from Marcondes for?

Desperate stuff.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Haven’t seen the full highlights yet, but have seen the Access all Areas footage.

What exactly were they trying their hardest to rule out the equaliser from Marcondes for?

Desperate stuff.
    Offside I think. Newell

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Offside I think. Newell
    It was Obita who was closest to bring offside in the build up, Newell was well onside but Obita was a bit closer to being off.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Offside I think. Newell
    Yet he was onside. Without var a perfectly good goal doesn't count. With var they still took two minutes before they gave it. Bendy line thing not going to work on that one.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It was Obita who was closest to bring offside in the build up, Newell was well onside but Obita was a bit closer to being off.
    Thought it was off at the time, good decision by VAR (for once).

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yet he was onside. Without var a perfectly good goal doesn't count. With var they still took two minutes before they gave it. Bendy line thing not going to work on that one.

Tried their best though. VAR line drawn against the defender's heel, but he's bent at the waist and his backside is much closer to the goal. 🙄

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    David Dickinson is a cheat he is NOT the Real Deal

the git

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Call it out and it makes refs think twice about giving decisions. Quite a few clubs in our league operate like that, but we continue to be the soft touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always sat on there hands been that way for decades whilst I've been watching them, they should be kicking up f##k...but we know, it's not in hibs dna.

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    Our second goal yesterday was a good example of why assistant referees are told to keep their flags down until the end of the passage of play.

If he had flagged early we wouldn't have gone on to score a perfectly legitimate goal.

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    Our second goal yesterday was a good example of why assistant referees are told to keep their flags down until the end of the passage of play.

If he had flagged early we wouldn't have gone on to score a perfectly legitimate goal.
    Good point 👍

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

100% correct. It may bug the life out of dinosaur pundits and annoy fans and players alike but that’s the reason. I was actually debating that very thing today with a well known centre back who was saying it was always good to get a split second wee heads up from a Lino as he prepared to pop his flag up flag. My argument was the lazy Bassa should play to the whistle as we were taught from a very early age and cited yesterdays very scenario. He wasn’t all that pleased with how the conversation panned out.
    Last edited by greenlex; 18-02-2024 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Totally agree, I've argued that it's a good thing for the flag to be delayed for exactly that reason. An early, incorrect flag sees us lose yesterday.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    Totally agree, I've argued that it's a good thing for the flag to be delayed for exactly that reason. An early, incorrect flag sees us lose yesterday.
    Yes your right, as an old dinosaur I'll just bite my tongue in future

"Penalty to Rangers" is already a meme. It'll not be long until "2nd penalty to Rangers" becomes a meme.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    David Dickinson is a cheat he is NOT the Real Deal

the git
    Just for context Dickinson reffed our game v Aberdeen at home last season where McRorie also committed a clear handball ignored by him he did though send Scales off rightly. Munro same ref as Saturday was ref for Duk pen, Kirkland was var for Duk pen was fourth official on Saturday. So between them we have had previous poor decisions from them v Sheep.

Was thinking at weekend maybe the Foley thing has ruffled a few feathers in a negative way at weeg hq leading to even more corrupt decisions.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    Always sat on there hands been that way for decades whilst I've been watching them, they should be kicking up f##k...but we know, it's not in hibs dna.
    Yup, we love our DiGnIfIeD sIlEnCe.

Yes I thought Obita looked off at the time also thought Maolida looked off for Boyle goal must get my eyes tested.

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yes I thought Obita looked off at the time also thought Maolida looked off for Boyle goal must get my eyes tested.
    They were both very close

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Was thinking at weekend maybe the Foley thing has ruffled a few feathers in a negative way at weeg hq leading to even more corrupt decisions.
    Nope, it's always been like this.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I’ve listened to NM’s post match interview, and I am not convinced he is making a big enough deal about it.

He could point to all the decisions we’ve had against us and then the one on Sat.

I know he did do that, but I feel like he almost shyly says it. I don’t know what it is. Compare it to Warnock post match and it’s worlds apart.

It’s incredibly frustrating.

I want him calling all the rubbish decisions out in his pressers. It doesn’t have to be the full presser discussing the decisions but at least a part of them.

That non peno is a joke.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Monty clearly spoke to the 4th official at the time. Not sure if he was able to see replay but this wasn't var, it was a referee who either missed it or chose to ignore it.

As said elsewhere, referees are now not making decisions in real time, instead they wait for the voice in the ear to intervene and that needs sorting.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Any update to our normal 'Hibernian FC Dignified Silence Position In The Face of Refereeing Calamity' position? I honestly can't believe we're going to stay silent about that non-penalty at the weekend.

I've watched it again. i still can't believe that actually went to VAR and it wasn't given. Absolutely incredible. I think i'm even angrier about it today than I was on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Any update to our normal 'Hibernian FC Dignified Silence Position In The Face of Refereeing Calamity' position? I honestly can't believe we're going to stay silent about that non-penalty at the weekend.

I've watched it again. i still can't believe that actually went to VAR and it wasn't given. Absolutely incredible. I think i'm even angrier about it today than I was on Saturday.
    ’Any update’ 😂😂😂😂😂😂

From nice old Hibs. Not a chance
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    ’Any update’ 😂😂😂😂😂😂

From nice old Hibs. Not a chance
    Montgomery calling it "unfortunate" tells you all you need to know about how robustly our club will challenge it.

Pathetic.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Montgomery calling it "unfortunate" tells you all you need to know about how robustly our club will challenge it.

Pathetic.
    Meanwhile cunning old Warnock is almost demanding a full public inquiry into the assault on Miovski. The press this morning have now more or less forgotten about the hand ball and it's all about this old goat and his ridiculous comments.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

Has there been any media reaction to this at all - BBC, Sky, radio, papers? I've seen and heard none and it certainly feels to me that had it been an Ugly Sister or Hearts we'd be in the middle right now of an avalanche of coverage.

All these pundits who are now humpty about VAR, where's their indignation when it's Hibs on the wrong end of **** officialdom from some West Central Scotland twat huddled in a portaloo with only as much time and as many replays as he likes to get it right?