hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Call It Out

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Shinnie had stood shouting over a Hibs player like that and Erich Schaedler or John Blackley had been on the park they would have left their mark on him in short order.
    This current lot shake his hand at full time and say “good game”. Sums us up.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Guy on BBC suggested it was not given cos it hit the tee shirt sleeve !
    Aye, long sleeve t shirt sleeve

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Shouting in a referees face gets you **** all except bookings. Always has and always will.
    Like Shinnie did the whole game?

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Agreed.

Watch Shinnie, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts around referees and then watch us.

Weak as piss and accepting of everything.
    It's not a new thing, though. It's been like that for years. It's the same when Hanlon has been captain, even Gray before him. Even the occasions when McGregor had the armband, I don't recall him being in a ref's face. It needs to change, and we need someone who has no fear of doing that
    The problem is, I reckon that player will spend more time in the stand serving a suspension than playing, then I'll be on here criticising him for that and demanding that he keep his gob shut!🤣.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Guy on BBC suggested it was not given cos it hit the tee shirt sleeve !
    A winter T shirt sleeve. New one 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Even if we call it out it makes no difference
    Sort of rallies your own fans behind you a bit though. Continued indifference runs the risk of gradually turning passionate support to apathy.

I don’t think a Sevconian tears and snotters statement every 30 seconds is needed but some sort of public display of dissatisfaction when a vague line seems to have been crossed may well be justified.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    It's not a new thing, though. It's been like that for years. It's the same when Hanlon has been captain, even Gray before him. Even the occasions when McGregor had the armband, I don't recall him being in a ref's face. It needs to change, and we need someone who has no fear of doing that
    The problem is, I reckon that player will spend more time in the stand serving a suspension than playing, then I'll be on here criticising him for that and demanding that he keep his gob shut!🤣.
    At which point Hibs as a club call it out publicly and ask why Shinnie is treated differently?

It’s high time we started to ruffle a few feathers.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Call it out and it makes refs think twice about giving decisions. Quite a few clubs in our league operate like that, but we continue to be the soft touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would rather we focus on the consistent under performance of our footballing department and team.

When the huns call it out I always feel it's a deflection mechanism as they are under performing on the pitch and it keeps the support on side.

I've just watched Monty's post match interview. Calling their hand ball in the box "unfortunate" is exactly what we are talking about in this thread, and a continuation of what we've all seen from the club for years.

Before VAR you could maybe understand it, but with VAR, for that incident not to be looked at, especially considering similar incidents are regularly VAR'd and awarded against us, is ridiculous. Monty needs to lead from the front and be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    Would rather we focus on the consistent under performance of our footballing department and team.

When the huns call it out I always feel it's a deflection mechanism as they are under performing on the pitch and it keeps the support on side.
    It’s underperforming but it’s also denying us goals that could have made our underperforming not so bad. We should have had a penalty (2 probably) against Celtic, they were lucky to get their 2, we should not have had a penalty against us v St Mirren and should have had a blatant one ourselves. Then that one today, it may have been the difference of 7 points. We’re not playing great but why should we not be shouting this injustice from the rooftops.

The worst thing is we’re not even getting VAR reviews for most of them.
    Last edited by Real Emerald; 17-02-2024 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    It’s underperforming but it’s also denying us goals that could have made our underperforming not so bad. We should have had a penalty against Celtic, they were lucky to get their 2, we should not have had a penalty against us v St Mirren and should have had a blatant one ourselves. Then that one today, it may have been the difference of 7 points. We’re not playing great but why should we not be shouting this injustice from the rooftops.

The worst thing is we’re not even getting VAR reviews for most of them.
    We lost the St Mirren game easily, there's no way we should be blaming decisions on that one, it was shambolic.

We should have today yes, but they could have had a penalty also.

Fact is we would have lost today had it not been for VAR.

Gamer IDs

We lost the St Mirren game easily, there's no way we should be blaming decisions on that one, it was shambolic.

How could they have had a penalty?

Your no drinking that Warnock coolaid are you

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I've just watched Monty's post match interview. Calling their hand ball in the box "unfortunate" is exactly what we are talking about in this thread, and a continuation of what we've all seen from the club for years.

Before VAR you could maybe understand it, but with VAR, for that incident not to be looked at, especially considering similar incidents are regularly VAR'd and awarded against us, is ridiculous. Monty needs to lead from the front and be stronger.
    He's as insipid a character as the teams he sends out most weeks.

Dull, boring and too scared to rock the boat.

A microcosm of Hibs in general.

VAR correctly gave us the goal when the linesman incorrectly flagged offside, it’s a fact not a view by VAR. The St Mirren game was a shambles but taking a goal off them and giving it to us could have made it completely different. We have to be calling these out.

Edit: What penalty should they have had??
    Last edited by Real Emerald; 17-02-2024 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    He's as insipid a character as the teams he sends out most weeks.

Dull, boring and too scared to rock the boat.

A microcosm of Hibs in general.
    Summed up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    How could they have had a penalty?

Your no drinking that Warnock coolaid are you

Did you miss the challenge on Duk by Marsh?

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I’ve just witnessed NM’s post match interview where he mildly suggests the penalty was a penalty.

I believe Ben Kensell also has private discussions now and again with the powers that be about decisions that we feel have went against us.

What good does that do? Where has it got us?

That decision today to not award the penalty is up there with the most blatant acts of corruption/bias I have ever seen. It’s disgusting and I’m still spitting feathers about it.

Why are we so weak, soft and subservient as a club? NM should be shouting from the ****ing rooftops about that and BK should be publicly calling it out with an official statement. Private discussions over a cup of tea and a biscuit are clearly not getting us anywhere.

Call it out exactly for what it is. We are soft as *****.

And whilst I’m at it, do the same with the Glasgow clubs and threaten to cut their allocations if they cannot behave themselves at Easter Road, mentioning in the same statement that because the SFA and whoever else don’t bother condemning them, we have no option but to take matters into our own hands.

I don’t want a nice welcoming, soft as **** Hibs anymore. Grow a ****ing set and call it out.

I think I need a drink.

Always seems to be Aberdeen how many games against them ĥas VAR been their 12th man? AbVARdeen FC

Gamer IDs

Did you miss the challenge on Duk by Marsh?
    Absolutely I did

When was that?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Utter disbelief when we saw that at half time on the phones.

Sort of expected to see a contentious call but wasn’t prepared for that. Could only laugh it was so blatant.

Match betting/fixing territory.
    Agree completely corrupt. We need to start signing that Everton chant, premier league corrupt as ****

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    VAR correctly gave us the goal when the linesman incorrectly flagged offside, it’s a fact not a view by VAR. The St Mirren game was a shambles but taking a goal off them and giving it to us could have made it completely different. We have to be calling these out.

Edit: What penalty should they have had??
    See above. And they did correctly give the goal. No VAR we lose though.

Clutching regarding the St Mirren game, I thought it was both penalties though. They cruised the second half three up and had the better chances. The decisions change nowt for me and deflecting from how badly the footballing side of the club are operating. The same I think of the huns when the done so earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Absolutely I did

When was that?

Midway through the second half.

They had no valid claims for a penalty so no idea what you are talking about we on the other hand …

Gamer IDs

Definitely didn't happen - I didn't miss a minute of the 2nd half

Or if it did happen it couldn't have even been highlighted as a possible penalty

Knowing Duk he probably threw himself down but I don't remember any Duk and Marshall involvement

Clutching regarding the St Mirren game, I thought it was both penalties though. They cruised the second half three up and had the better chances. The decisions change nowt for me and deflecting from how badly the footballing side of the club are operating. The same I think of the huns when the done so earlier in the season.
    Marshall punched the ball away, no way anyone is getting a penalty for that.

Don’t get me wrong I’m completely with you at the shambolic performances and somewhat agree that even fixing all the decisions would make us any better. I’m not in any way excusing our performances but the fact is goals change games and you never know what would have happened had the decisions gone our way. Bad performances aside we do not deserve the bad decisions we’re being subjected to.

@hibs.net private member
    Pish. If you mean the Miovski incident, Marsh clearly got the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    We absolutely should be much more vocal and actually list the decisions. Absolute joke how much we get shafted by it
    If the same incident happened to the Huns we'd be sick of hearing about it between a statement, calls to meet the SFA etc etc . Our club has to do start calling out these decisions or it's going to keep happening . It's gone away beyond the point now were anyone can say it's just mistakes . Our handball penalty claim today would make a great advert for specsavers . And they say VARS working ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Graeme Shinnie…able to completely dictate to the referee the whole game as well as standing over a prone Hibs player on the deck on more than one occasion giving it big licks. Where is our leader who puts him in his place and tells him to ****ing button it or he’ll rearrange that nose of his?
    Would be some job to rearrange that nose

A two goal swing absolutely changes the game

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post

He could definitely do with developing a bit of badness. Or at least a little bit of cuteness.

I sort of respect Warnock for his “we knew they were going to dive” comment or whatever it was. Warnock goes down that route too much but it has it’s place over tepid conformity every step of the way.