hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Positives from today's game

I thought Obita had a excellent game today and was my MotM . I was glad to see Alfie getting some game time too after his injury as well .

2. Log in to remove the advert

A draw away at Pittodrie is never a bad result.

It’s the fact our form in general is horrific that people, imo, are complaining more than they probably should based on this game alone.

Monty really needs to start putting wins together, last league win is now 2 months ago!!

Gained a point on St Mirren and one more ahead of Motherwell. Didn't lose.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Boyle scored to wind the Dons up, Obita played well, Emi got his first Hibs goal, Moriah-Welsh still looks the part and I thought Amos looked good when he came on as well. Looking forward to him being able to start.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Obita had a excellent game today and was my MotM . I was glad to see Alfie getting some game time too after his injury as well .
    Obita, is an excellent player, intelligent, bombs forward, can put in an excellent cross, and puts in a shift. Makes the odd mistake, but even Pele, or Dalgliesh made mistakes. A really good player. Moriah Welsh also very good. A lot of spirit and doggedness to get us a comeback draw. Well done.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I enjoyed the game today. A brief glance at the tone of the message board tonight suggests an air of gloom, but will soon find out!
    Good open game of football. Maybe not high quality but still decent enough. Coming from behind to earn draw at Pittodrie isn’t a disastrous result.

The sight lines were certainly much improved with the removal of segregation fence!

Looking forward to next Saturday and feel confident we’ll see a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I enjoyed the game today. A brief glance at the tone of the message board tonight suggests an air of gloom, but will soon find out!
    Good open game of football. Maybe not high quality but still decent enough. Coming from behind to earn draw at Pittodrie isn’t a disastrous result.

The sight lines were certainly much improved with the removal of segregation fence!

I’m disappointed we didn’t get all three points but it was an enjoyable afternoon.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Always disappointing not getting 3 points, but happy to see us scoring again. Now just to sort out the goals going in.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    A point at a ground we always struggle at.

Jeez the sky isn’t falling in folks, we were shafted out of a penalty as well.

If you’d offered me a draw before kick off I’d have taken it 100%.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Felt like a good Hibs crowd up as well. Fine voice throughout.

I listened to open all mics on the way down the road from Inverness and from what Willie Miller was saying it was a thoroughly entertaining match with 2 sides trying to play football, which is a continuation of the celtic and Inverness matches

So I'm a bit shocked at the tone of threads on here tonight. Dundee have brutal fixtures before the split and are easily catchable if we keep playing like we have in the last week or so

Sounded amazing on OAM when the goal went in

I was going to post similar. I thought Block7 got it spot on today as well, chipped in with their newer songs when the mood dipped a bit and kept the older songs going when they were being sung.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    Obita, is an excellent player, intelligent, bombs forward, can put in an excellent cross, and puts in a shift. Makes the odd mistake, but even Pele, or Dalgliesh made mistakes. A really good player. Moriah Welsh also very good. A lot of spirit and doggedness to get us a comeback draw. Well done.
    Moriah- Welsh looks like the type of player we've been needing. Agree we showed good spirit to comeback in what is normally a hard place to go as Celtic found out recently 👍

The Air of gloom comes from the fact we haven’t won a league game since early december, I think
    without going on a winning run fifth place becomes harder to attain
    We are under more pressure to go on a winning run and Dundee have a decent points cushion so they would be happy with a draw v us
    But let’s see how we go in next four games , and results of teams round about us

It was an end to end game, a clash of football approaches. Us trying to play football, them hanging everything on being direct to Miovski.

We've won 4 points at that dump this season.

It was baltic and the perspective from that rotten corner of a stand that structurally belongs in the 1970s meant it wasn't easy seeing everything at the time of asking. There was the usual band of rogues off their faces on their substance of choice - I'm sure some of them thought that they were funny in their own heads 🤪🙈🤣

Positives? We steadied the ship after a period at the start of the 2nd half and didn't cave. Good outings from Obita, Amos and others. To be fair the subs all had an impact. Wollocot had an encouraging cameo.

The next 6 competitive games see us in Edinburgh for 5 of them so not much travel and the chance for the squad to work on things. The run of league games with Dundee, Ross Co x 2 and Livi will decide our fate. Maybe, just maybe, 6th at the split isn't out of the question...

Excellent travelling support

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    It was an end to end game, a clash of football approaches. Us trying to play football, them hanging everything on being direct to Miovski.

We've won 4 points at that dump this season.

It was baltic and the perspective from that rotten corner of a stand that structurally belongs in the 1970s meant it wasn't easy seeing everything at the time of asking. There was the usual band of rogues off their faces on their substance of choice - I'm sure some of them thought that they were funny in their own heads 🤪🙈🤣

Positives? We steadied the ship after a period at the start of the 2nd half and didn't cave. Good outings from Obita, Amos and others. To be fair the subs all had an impact. Wollocot had an encouraging cameo.

The next 6 competitive games see us in Edinburgh for 5 of them so not much travel and the chance for the squad to work on things. The run of league games with Dundee, Ross Co x 2 and Livi will decide our fate. Maybe, just maybe, 6th at the split isn't out of the question...
    Thank goodness for some perspective.Sadly lacking in general on this site.Will say we need to beat Dundee next week.Think we will .Also think the game against Rangers is one to look forward to.

Thought Wallocott did well when he came on in difficult circumstances . He looked good in our pre season games and it was a pity he got injured soon after , then struggled when he got his chance .

Monty said that Marshall felt a tweak in his hamstring and they took him off as a precaution and hopefully he will be ok for our next game . Thought he done well today as Wollacott did when he came on at a difficult moment in the game .

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Monty said that Marshall felt a tweak in his hamstring and they took him off as a precaution and hopefully he will be ok for our next game . Thought he done well today as Wollacott did when he came on at a difficult moment in the game .
    Thought he walked off looking like it might have been precaution- forced them into subbing Boyle at that point as they couldn't have made a 4th phase of subs later with Marsg going off.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Thought Wallocott did well when he came on in difficult circumstances . He looked good in our pre season games and it was a pity he got injured soon after , then struggled when he got his chance .
    Im not sure he really struggled, he missed one punch which cost us a goal in a terrible 2-2 draw with Ross county in October. His distribution in that game was absolutely faultless, played a lot higher up the pitch than Marshalldoes and looked good with the ball at his feet. His injury in Andorra was bad timing, I’m actually quietly confident he’s going to be a good player.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Slower than a week in the jail to take free kicks/goal kicks when we should have been going for the game. May have been under instructions to do this to be fair. Don’t think he had much to do outside of a simple catch from a cross. It will be interesting to see how he gets on if Marshall isn’t fit.

Positives for me were the travelling support, Moriah-Welsh and our first half attacking display.

Wasn't there granted but struggling to see many

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage-Patch View Post
    Wasn't there granted but struggling to see many
    Was a good game to watch. We played some really nice stuff at times and pressed them really high in the first half which was effective. Moriah Welsh was decent, Marcondes got his first goal, Amos looking sharper too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because of the position we’re in and the run we’re on, games aren’t going to be judged in isolation now.

Said before the game today that a point wouldn’t be a disaster and I still don’t think it is. Next week is absolutely must win. We have a good run of games at home between now and the split that will decide whether the season is a total disaster or not, IMO.

We needed a win but needed not to lose more.
    Aberdeen are a rival for the top 6 and pre split they have zero games against the runaway top 3 of Celgers and Hearts.
    Hibs still have away games at Tynecastle and Ibrox hence why we needed a win today so advantage Aberdeen.

So the positives,
    a draw against a top 6 rival gives us a chance to head them at the split.
    St Mirren dropped 3 points against a poor team moving us a point closer to them.
    Today's draw sees us moving up a place to tied for 7th from tied 8th.

Moira-Stewart, Amos, Maolida, Triantis all put more match minutes in the legs
    Marcondes has more minutes in the legs and scored his 1st Hibs goal
    Wollacott finally played another game for Hibs and made a good save at the end.

I thought it was a good game and both teams played better than they have for most of this season. I thought we lost soft goals again but i'm encouraged that we have continued with an athlete added to the midfield. Inverness was just a bananaskin to avoid but that is two good league performances in a row and I think that will be the norm now.

Next week is a must win for Hibs to make top 6 and I am confident we will continue with our improved form and get that win.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 17-02-2024 at 10:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Aberdeen are a rival for the top 6.
    Pre split they ha no games against the runaway top 3 of Celgers and Hearts.
    Hibs still have away games at Tynecastle and Ibrox hence why we needed a win today.

So the positives,
    a draw against a top 6 rival gives us a chance to head them at the split
    St Mirren dropped 3 points against a poor team moving us a point closer to them

Moira Stewart, Amos, Maolida, Triantis played all put more match minutes in the legs
    Wollacott got a game for Hibs. First time in months and made a good save at the end.

I thought it was a good game and both teams played better than they have for most of this season. I thought we lost soft goals again but i'm encouraged that we have continued with an athlete added to the midfield. Inverness was just a bananaskin to avoid but that is two good league performances in a row and I think that will be the norm now.

Next week is a must win for Hibs to make top 6 and I am confident we will continue with our improved form and get that win.
    Where's the chorus?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Aberdeen are a rival for the top 6.
    Pre split they ha no games against the runaway top 3 of Celgers and Hearts.
    Hibs still have away games at Tynecastle and Ibrox hence why we needed a win today.

So the positives,
    a draw against a top 6 rival gives us a chance to head them at the split
    St Mirren dropped 3 points against a poor team moving us a point closer to them

Moira Stewart, Amos, Maolida, Triantis played all put more match minutes in the legs
    Wollacott got a game for Hibs. First time in months and made a good save at the end.

Moira Stewart must be kicking on a bit now but good to see she can still put a shift in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Moira Stewart must be kicking on a bit now but good to see she can still put a shift in.
    I agree with Pheffernan's post, but that was quite funny