hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Neil Warnock

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aberdeen have announced this afternoon that they've 'drawn up a shortlist' and will be asking other clubs for permission to speak to the managers they want to interview, which seems odd considering they apparently ditched Warnock because they were on the brink of appointing someone. All sounds shambolic behind the scenes.

Fingers crossed they land another dud.
    Think they realised they'd made a massive **** up appointing Warnock in the first place so got rid.

But completely agree and hope their next appointment is just as bad or worse.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It’s a strange one: the guy appointed on a temporary basis leaves early. It makes no sense; there is probably more to it than what has been said. Warnock claims it’s so a new manger can get a couple of months looking at the squad this season. Then why not say that when approached? He should have told Aberdeen he didn’t feel a stop-gap appointment was a good idea in the first place.

This makes Aberdeen look clueless. All very strange.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    It’s a strange one: the guy appointed on a temporary basis leaves early. It makes no sense; there is probably more to it than what has been said. Warnock claims it’s so a new manger can get a couple of months looking at the squad this season. Then why not say that when approached? He should have told Aberdeen he didn’t feel a stop-gap appointment was a good idea in the first place.

This makes Aberdeen look clueless. All very strange.
    Guy who works in my local is an Aberdeen fan, good guy actually. Apparently Warnock had been travelling back down the road a lot visiting doctors. So could well be health related.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Guy who works in my local is an Aberdeen fan, good guy actually. Apparently Warnock had been travelling back down the road a lot visiting doctors. So could well be health related.
    It might well be. He’s 75, after all.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    It might well be. He’s 75, after all.
    Hey, watch it 😡

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Hey, watch it 😡

You don’t look a day over 40

Left by mutual consent!
    I tend to agree with one of the Sportsound guys, might have been Mikey Stewart, who said he came up for a jolly, thought he'd show our league how it's done, and get the gig full time if he wanted it.

He came up, got found out, wanted away. His last interview was revealing. And I don't buy the 'I've been telling the board they need to get someone in' line he came out with. Bollocks.

Arrogant tool that time has made an irrelevance. And the BBC guys fawning over him in interviews (a'la Clement 🤮🤮) should be run out of town.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar

You don’t look a day over 40
    Thank you, but when do you get your white stick? 🤓

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    I tend to agree with one of the Sportsound guys, might have been Mikey Stewart, who said he came up for a jolly, thought he'd show our league how it's done, and get the gig full time if he wanted it.

He came up, got found out, wanted away. His last interview was revealing. And I don't buy the 'I've been telling the board they need to get someone in' line he came out with. Bollocks.

Arrogant tool that time has made an irrelevance. And the BBC guys fawning over him in interviews (a'la Clement 🤮🤮) should be run out of town.
    Bit harsh. He's been in management over 40 years and got eight sides promoted. I used to watch Notts County way back when he took them to the top flight and he seemed a decent enough bloke. Sure, he's a bit of a relic now but it was Aberdeen who decided to appoint him rather than him touting himself for the job.

Agree about the media fawning over Clement but there's no getting away from the fact Rangers have landed a gem there.

Bit harsh. He's been in management over 40 years and got eight sides promoted. I used to watch Notts County way back when he took them to the top flight and he seemed a decent enough bloke. Sure, he's a bit of a relic now but it was Aberdeen who decided to appoint him rather than him touting himself for the job.

Agree about the media fawning over Clement but there's no getting away from the fact Rangers have landed a gem there.
    Neil Warnock has had an excellent managerial career. 8 promotions and probably saved as many from the drop.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Neil Warnock has had an excellent managerial career. 8 promotions and probably saved as many from the drop.
    I don't dispute he's a good manager, or was, in the McInnes mould. But his time is long gone. He was a nonsense appointment from the outset. Way out his comfort zone up here. Totally found out.

I don't dispute he's a good manager, or was, in the McInnes mould. But his time is long gone. He was a nonsense appointment from the outset. Way out his comfort zone up here. Totally found out.
    Can't be bad if he's in the McInnes mould.

It was more the 'arrogant tool' reference I thought was off the mark. Warnock's worked hard, most often at the unglamorous end of English football, hardly a 'comfort zone', and has in my view never carried an ego around with him.

If anything he probably expected Aberdeen to be better than they are but was quickly appraised of why these players have seen off four previous managers in rapid succession.

Guy who works in my local is an Aberdeen fan, good guy actually.
    That's a strange one, years ago there was a guy worked down the chip shop swore he was Elvis. 🤔😁

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    That's a strange one, years ago there was a guy worked down the chip shop swore he was Elvis. 🤔😁
    Aye, and it really was Elvis. A great way to escape the pressures of such fame was to leave Memphis and open a chippy in Largs. Nobody expected that; but he gave the game away when he called the chippy Elvis’s. Didn’t think it through.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Don't come the cowboy with me sonny Jim....

Aye, and it really was Elvis. A great way to escape the pressures of such fame was to leave Memphis and open a chippy in Largs. Nobody expected that; but he gave the game away when he called the chippy Elvis’s. Didn’t think it through.
    Correct, and Jim Morrison ran the Timpsons just over the road.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Can't be bad if he's in the McInnes mould.

It was more the 'arrogant tool' reference I thought was off the mark. Warnock's worked hard, most often at the unglamorous end of English football, hardly a 'comfort zone', and has in my view never carried an ego around with him.

If anything he probably expected Aberdeen to be better than they are but was quickly appraised of why these players have seen off four previous managers in rapid succession.
    There's a reason his nickname is Colin. And he's been extremely well renumerated for his time at the coal face of the English game. His first few interviews up here were full of it, he got found out and he's away back with his tail firmly between his legs.

There's a reason his nickname is Colin. And he's been extremely well renumerated for his time at the coal face of the English game. His first few interviews up here were full of it, he got found out and he's away back with his tail firmly between his legs.
    He's got a tail?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk