hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock

Just ignore Colin. He’s always like that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard that as well, couldn't believe it.

And folk will still say there's not an agenda against Hibs on that ****show of a programme.

There absolutely is.

Hearts do some thing decent - magnify it to the nth degree. Hibs do something decent - crickets.

Hearts screw up - mitigation and soft pedal. Hibs screw up - carnage and chaos.

It's packed with Jambos, Ugly Sister sycophants and of course the Aberdeen double agents. Literally fans with microphones most of them. It's so bad that the least worst of them are Pat Bonnar and Willie Miller FFS.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Still waiting for their new manager bounce!
    Nick Mongomery: 'Hold my beer...'

This Board have appointed some mugs, but mercifully they never turned to this utter dinosaur and imbecile of a man, and we absolutely should be reporting him same as we should have when Gerrard said Porteous was “letting his manager down”, but as usual like all the **** decisions that get flung at us we’ll do the square root of nowt.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Critisizing Hibs for diving when you’ve got miovski, duk and Shinnie falling over at any opportunity is a bit rich is it not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yet here you are criticising Aberdeens players for diving when we have players that don't mind a tumble

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Yet here you are criticising Aberdeens players for diving when we have players that don't mind a tumble
    No I’m saying, a manager shouldn’t be making comments like that, especially when he has players of his own that are guilty of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    With respect, that's just garbage. Tom English for one went straight for him on twitter literally on day one and carried that on yesterday on Radio Scotland after the game. I think English is a tit for a variety of reasons but he isn't having him.

I think you're letting your politics influence your judgement here. They don't see him as doing us a favour by coming to manage a Scottish club, they see him as doing them a favour because he's as 'rentagob' as you can get and that means he effectively makes their lives easier by writeing their headlines and their stories for them.

They aren't even subtle about it, it was the same with Derek Adams when he came out and called the standard of Scottish football rubbish in December. They were creaming themselves live on air for weeks after that before post-match interviews with him and openly salivating about what he might say next.
    Tom English for one. Name another? The media up here will wet their pants and hang on his every word because he has managed in England. See also all the ex EPL players who have come up here and been seen as great for our league only to fall flat on their faces. It just doesn't happen with players from anywhere else other than the EPL. And as for letting my politics influence my opinion on a football manager or player, that is just bull****.
    It is more a take on how badly the Scottish game is sold and portrayed by those who should be encouraging it. I was actually having that very conversation with a rangers fan at work today and he agreed that we undersell ourselves from Doncaster and the sfa/spfl to our broadcast and print media. This is another example. Bang average manager comes in and gets wall to wall coverage, not based on what he has done but where he has come from

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    He’s marmite. Loves Scotland, so that gives him credit in my book. A wylie old manager with a proven track record. What’s there not to like?

Greeting about his “diving” comment. lol

Boyle is Olympic diving gold medalist ffs!
    A side of Boylers game I wish he’d sort out.
    Sniff Sniff.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Tom English for one. Name another? The media up here will wet their pants and hang on his every word because he has managed in England. See also all the ex EPL players who have come up here and been seen as great for our league only to fall flat on their faces. It just doesn't happen with players from anywhere else other than the EPL. And as for letting my politics influence my opinion on a football manager or player, that is just bull****.
    It is more a take on how badly the Scottish game is sold and portrayed by those who should be encouraging it. I was actually having that very conversation with a rangers fan at work today and he agreed that we undersell ourselves from Doncaster and the sfa/spfl to our broadcast and print media. This is another example. Bang average manager comes in and gets wall to wall coverage, not based on what he has done but where he has come from
    Lee Johnson
    Terry Butcher
    Michael Beale
    Paul Heckingbottom

Examples of managers who had managed in England and the media did not wet their pants over them. Why? Because their joy over Warnock is about his gob, not his nationality or the league he's managed in.

Lee Johnson
    Terry Butcher
    Michael Beale
    Paul Heckingbottom

Examples of managers who had managed in England and the media did not wet their pants over them. Why? Because their joy over Warnock is about his gob, not his nationality or the league he's managed in.
    The media loved Butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Still waiting for their new manager bounce!
    Many have said we played brilliantly yesterday so a draw for them must be a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    Many have said we played brilliantly yesterday so a draw for them must be a good result.
    Considering they only got a point because the officials gave them a massive helping hand it was a great result for them. If the rules had been applied they would most likely have lost, so they can be very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    Considering they only got a point because the officials gave them a massive helping hand it was a great result for them. If the rules had been applied they would most likely have lost, so they can be very pleased.
    They think they should have had a penalty also.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I keep trying to make that popular nickname he apparently has as an anagram of his name and all I keep coming up with is Bellend.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

They think they should have had a penalty also.
    But they know they shouldn't have as the rules dictate.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Lee Johnson
    Terry Butcher
    Michael Beale
    Paul Heckingbottom

I asked you to name any other broadcaster or pundit who is calling out Warnock. You said there were many. I've not seen or heard any yet. Also the press in Scotland fell over themselves to talk to Butcher, even when he was our manager

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    But they know they shouldn't have as the rules dictate.

I'm not sure like, their support are adamant they should have had one similarly to ours.

I'm not sure like, their support are adamant they should have had one similarly to ours.
    They're definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    He’s marmite. Loves Scotland, so that gives him credit in my book. A wylie old manager with a proven track record. What’s there not to like?

Greeting about his “diving” comment. lol

Boyle is Olympic diving gold medalist ffs!
    A side of Boylers game I wish he’d sort out.
    Donald Trump loves Scotland as well, doesn’t stop me from thinking he’s a ****.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    The guy is a dinosaur and him and Shinnie are a match made in heaven. I wouldn't p1ss on either of them if they were on fire.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    The guy is a dinosaur and him and Shinnie are a match made in heaven. I wouldn't p1ss on either of them if they were on fire.
    It seemed to me that his comments, were pre rehearsed. A biscuits, sport sound Brian McGlaughlin, dark side response to the Hibernian getting a result, as per. Until we get a different media, I'm afraid its' what we will always be subjected to. Its happened all of my lifetime, and won't change anytime soon unfortunately. Todays hand ball for the currants versus the dons yesterday is like trolling us. Its a real thing. Hope the young get real change in the future.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I asked you to name any other broadcaster or pundit who is calling out Warnock. You said there were many. I've not seen or heard any yet. Also the press in Scotland fell over themselves to talk to Butcher, even when he was our manager
    No, I really didn't. Do you think they fell over themselves to do that with Butcher because he was English/had managed in England or because he had been the Rangers captain under Souness? They certainly haven't done that with our English league experienced managers which suggests to me that its the 'characters' they're interested in, regardless of where from, because they make their journalistic lives easier.

@hibs.net private member
    I've not seen anyone say we were brilliant.

You seem to have a habit of completely making things up.

I wonder why!!!

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    The way the interviewer was crawling up his hole was just peak BBC Scotland.
    Cringe was off the scale.
    As the old joke goes - he was so far up Warnock’s arse he could see the feet of the entire Sportsound pundits 🤭

Can you find these posts? Only an idiot would say we were brilliant or hopeless, anyone with half a brain would recognise that we did some good things and some bad things, and, in an entertaining game, a draw was probably about right, although we clearly should have had a penalty.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilliEater View Post
    Can you find these posts? Only an idiot would say we were brilliant or hopeless, anyone with half a brain would recognise that we did some good things and some bad things, and, in an entertaining game, a draw was probably about right, although we clearly should have had a penalty.
    That's a fair summary of the game on Saturday - some good, some bad.

I think it gets lost that it was pretty much a must-win game for Aberdeen as well, and as their home game, the draw was worse for them than it was for us.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    That's a fair summary of the game on Saturday - some good, some bad.

I think it gets lost that it was pretty much a must-win game for Aberdeen as well, and as their home game, the draw was worse for them than it was for us.
    The draw means both teams are 5 points away from Top Six with only eight games left, instead of potentially being only 3 points behind Dundee if we'd have won. That makes grim reading and that's why I thought it was a 'must-win' game for both teams (the 'must-win' phrase seems to annoy some folk, i'm not sure why!) Dundee is definitely a must-win, and then the derby is just a free hit, very low expectations.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The draw means both teams are 5 points away from Top Six with only eight games left, instead of potentially being only 3 points behind Dundee if we'd have won. That makes grim reading and that's why I thought it was a 'must-win' game for both teams (the 'must-win' phrase seems to annoy some folk, i'm not sure why!) Dundee is definitely a must-win, and then the derby is just a free hit, very low expectations.
    That’s the grim reality of where we are at the moment.

It reminds me a bit of the relegation season where it was “just win the next one”, it went on and on until that game against Killie when Boyd scored is bajillionth goal against us and the rest is *****y, *****y history.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    That’s the grim reality of where we are at the moment.

It reminds me a bit of the relegation season where it was “just win the next one”, it went on and on until that game against Killie when Boyd scored is bajillionth goal against us and the rest is *****y, *****y history.
    If I remember rightly, did we not go away to St Johnstone before the split and if we’d won that game we’d have been top six? Mental season

5 matches without a win for the Dinosaur

We've now got an edge over them in the race for top 6. Our next 3 league games are against the bottom 2. Whilst dundee play killie, Aberdeen and rangers...