hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is the guy interviewing him? He asks warnock about the penalty and follows it up himself saying it’s not a penalty before he can respond, at least Michael Stewart is calling it out
    Heard that as well, couldn't believe it.

And folk will still say there's not an agenda against Hibs on that ****show of a programme.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I wonder how much money Aberdeen are throwing away on this dinosaur. More fool them. Cormack would have been better appointing himself .
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    If Warnock has said that about our club then he should be facing charges of bringing the game into disrepute and staring at some time in the stands.

Hibs need to defend ourselves in the face of this slur against our players in the strongest possible terms.

Let’s not just brush this aside and treat the slur as “heat of the moment” stuff.

Coaching Staff
    Did I also hear him say “we knew they’d dive” ? Duk, Shinnie and Miovski all guilty of that all game.

As for our penalty - proves they’re not only inept but corrupt. Hibs should grow a pair and call them out, enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Did I also hear him say “we knew they’d dive” ? Duk, Shinnie and Miovski all guilty of that all game.
    Yes he did.🙄

We knew they'd be dirty clogging industrial hoof ball merchants. Only one of these concepts was/is true. He's a slaver.

It wasn't long before BBC moved on to interviewers asking how good Shanklandstein is for the 100th time and speaking to fans of various clubs who'd not been at their team's game but were on the programme to talk about it. Sure The The fan sounded like he was in Orkney - support yer local club in action 🤔🙄🤪

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

As for our penalty - proves they’re not only inept but corrupt. Hibs should grow a pair and call them out, enough is enough.
    Absolutely madness he comes out and says that.

Wonder how many Hibs games he’s watched - obviously Aberdeen players / fans / coaches making this an issue when really Duk and Shinnie are bigger cheats.

It's amazing how much of a rise a 75 year old man can get out of social media users.
    His interviews are all very obvious and he plays his theatrical part with a straight face in each one.
    I find him boring already but it's fair to say he is still playing both his cheerleaders and his opposition like a fiddle.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    It's amazing how much of a rise a 75 year old man can get out of social media users.
    His interviews are all very obvious and he plays his theatrical part with a straight face in each one.
    I find him boring already but it's fair to say he is still playing both his cheerleaders and his opposition like a fiddle.
    Exactly. He's a boring old fart but he's worth his 15 minutes up here. That's all I predict he will get.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    pmsl@ Manslaughter

a tad over dramatic, eh

Warnock has been on the Warninks

me thinks

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Given Marshall got to the ball first and then Miovski made contact with him late, shouldn’t it have been a free kick to Hibs, like it was for Celtic when there was a head knock with their penalty against us?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

And folk will still say there's not an agenda against Hibs on that ****show of a programme.
    I think we're drastically overestimating our importance if we actually think there's an agenda against Hibs.

The only agenda in scottish football that I can see is the one in favour of two clubs.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I wonder how much money Aberdeen are throwing away on this dinosaur. More fool them. Cormack would have been better appointing himself .
    Hope its loads warnocks loser reputation should help him fit in at Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    If Warnock has said that about our club then he should be facing charges of bringing the game into disrepute and staring at some time in the stands.

Hibs need to defend ourselves in the face of this slur against our players in the strongest possible terms.

Let’s not just brush this aside and treat the slur as “heat of the moment” stuff.
    As expected the *****baggery from those in charge will ignore anything negative said/done to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Hope its loads warnocks loser reputation should help him fit in at Aberdeen.
    Still waiting for their new manager bounce!

He’s marmite. Loves Scotland, so that gives him credit in my book. A wylie old manager with a proven track record. What’s there not to like?

Greeting about his “diving” comment. lol

Boyle is Olympic diving gold medalist ffs!
    A side of Boylers game I wish he’d sort out.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    He’s marmite. Loves Scotland, so that gives him credit in my book. A wylie old manager with a proven track record. What’s there not to like?

Can you name any part of today when Boyle dived apart from his celebration?

Aye ok marvellous point well made. lol

😜

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Aye ok marvellous point well made. lol

Critisizing Hibs for diving when you’ve got miovski, duk and Shinnie falling over at any opportunity is a bit rich is it not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    The man is a fanny and had always talked *****.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Warnock is playing the pantomime villain well, as he usually does.

The most depressing thing about it is how ****ing delighted the sportsound pundits are at him doing so, fawning over him being a straight talking contrarian.

I wasn’t such a fan of Paul Heckingbottom as Hibs manager but when he said he would have knocked the fourth officials teeth out if he’d spoken to him in the street in that manner I was pleasantly surprised to hear a manager sticking up for Hibs - Lennon as well in fairness. It was a period where it didn’t feel like the club was pilloried at every opportunity.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    If we don’t speak up in defence of our club, then the narrative that we are “a team of divers” is allowed to grow. We’ve already seen how difficult it is to see penalties being awarded in our favour as things stand, and Warnock’s derogatory remarks won’t do much to see that change any time soon.

“A character”

“A bit of pantomime”

Don’t think for one minute that comments from a high profile personality in football are going to go unnoticed from refereeing officials.

Warnock’s a clown but he’s not stupid. Been in the game long enough. We’re battling it out with Aberdeen for a top 6 place - it could be decided by margins of a penalty here or there.

Warnock is the most anti-football manager in the game.

He instructs his players to injure the opposition and was the master of rotational fouling. His biggest disappointment from yesterday will be that no Hibs player was seriously injured by one of his gang. The battle of Bramall Lane centred around him sending a sub on who immediately committed a terrible foul on Andy Johnston and got sent off again. Down here he was screaming at Monty to break Steve Sidwell's leg when Wally Downes intervened. That followed Warnock sending a sub on who immediately elbowed Stephen Hunt in the face and got sent off. Downes recently expressed regret for his part in the incident - "I should have clumped him harder" were his exact words and I couldn't agree more.

There is absolutely nothing to like about Neil Warnock. He's a despicable little man and the sooner he's out of the game the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Warnock is the most anti-football manager in the game.

He instructs his players to injure the opposition and was the master of rotational fouling. His biggest disappointment from yesterday will be that no Hibs player was seriously injured by one of his gang. The battle of Bramall Lane centred around him sending a sub on who immediately committed a terrible foul on Andy Johnston and got sent off again. Down here he was screaming at Monty to break Steve Sidwell's leg when Wally Downes intervened. That followed Warnock sending a sub on who immediately elbowed Stephen Hunt in the face and got sent off. Downes recently expressed regret for his part in the incident - "I should have clumped him harder" were his exact words and I couldn't agree more.

There is absolutely nothing to like about Neil Warnock. He's a despicable little man and the sooner he's out of the game the better.
    The other thing he instructed his players to do in that game (aside from the injure your opponent thing) was to start falling over faking injury so once you run out of players youd get the game abandoned. He’s not this jovial old school hard man, hes a sly cheat.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Given Marshall got to the ball first and then Miovski made contact with him late, shouldn’t it have been a free kick to Hibs, like it was for Celtic when there was a head knock with their penalty against us?
    That was actually an excellent and smart save by Marshall. He doesn’t make that punched clearance it’s a certain clear header on goal. He gets there first and makes the save. What happens after is unfortunate but perfectly within the rules. Had he struck the player then the ball it would have different.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Warnock was Sheff Utd manager at the Battle of Bramall Lane game with west Brom, Derek McInnes fighting, diving, cheating, pretending to be injured (Nick Montgomery on the bench), square goes, so many players sent off the game was abandoned, only match in English football history to be abandoned due to shortage of players.

he knows a bit about cheating.
    To be fair to McInnes he did get head butted in that game. Wonder if the press will bring that game up with Warnock when they play Killie

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Shinnie spent the game falling on the ball whenever a player was within 3 yards of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There was one he dived when no contact and grabbed the ball should have been second yellow. Imo there is no way a Hibs player would get away with the slack he gets from refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

So the interviewer decides it wasn't a penalty nice of him for sharing his opinion

Warnock is a choob and should shut his puss, but it would be silly to pretend Boyle doesn’t have a tendency to ‘go down easy’. Both him and Miller are bad for it in our team.

Aberdeen have at least 3 players that were at it a fair bit yesterday and Warnock coming out with that was stupid/mischievous.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Surprised he never got the Poppy Pilferers gig - it would have been the perfect fit.

At what point does it become a comment that requires a carpeting at the SFA ?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Warnock has always been a prick. Unfortunately he is now a prick that the media up here will fawn over as they'll see him as doing us a favour by coming to manage a Scottish club.
    With respect, that's just garbage. Tom English for one went straight for him on twitter literally on day one and carried that on yesterday on Radio Scotland after the game. I think English is a tit for a variety of reasons but he isn't having him.

I think you're letting your politics influence your judgement here. They don't see him as doing us a favour by coming to manage a Scottish club, they see him as doing them a favour because he's as 'rentagob' as you can get and that means he effectively makes their lives easier by writeing their headlines and their stories for them.

They aren't even subtle about it, it was the same with Derek Adams when he came out and called the standard of Scottish football rubbish in December. They were creaming themselves live on air for weeks after that before post-match interviews with him and openly salivating about what he might say next.