hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bottom 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's Cinema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember after Maloney left what came out of the club was that it was recognised a mistake had been made and while we don't want to sack a manager, there is no point continuing on when you know you have the wrong man. Feels like we get back to this position so quickly and so regularly.

I'm not giving up on NM yet, but I am another one that was convinced three managers ago that McInnes would be a good fit. And I would have confidence giving someone like that time also even when it's not going so well - it is easier to give a guy time with a track record of results at this level.

6 wins from 26 games. 13pts from 13games at home, 14 goals scored. For a team that still carries the tag of having options going forward that is totally damning.
    Those stats at the bottom are utterly horrific for a club of our stature.

2. Log in to remove the advert

[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;7592786]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post

7 million?
    News to me thought it was 3 .5 million quoted in accounts

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Ronniekirk;7592896]
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

News to me thought it was 3 .5 million quoted in accounts
    £5.7m is the amount in the AGM papers for the equity-swap.

[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;7592904]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post

£5.7m is the amount in the AGM papers for the equity-swap.
    Debt stands at around £7 million, with around £5 million of that the funding of losses that is owed to the Gordon family.

“As supporters now know, the Gordon family is swapping its £5 million debt for shares, which is a really generous gesture, and the Club will be left with less than £2 million of Covid relief debt from the Government, which has zero interest and is repayable over 20 years. Financially we’re in a good place.”

THAT IS WHAT l LIFTED FROM THE EDINBURGH INQUIRY ARTICLE. THE FIVE MILLION IS AT ODDS WITH THE OFFICAL AGM PAPERS. THIS REINFORCES POINTS l WAS MAKING. AND l WAS TOLD JOIN DOTS aAND READ PRESS ARTICLES TO FIND OUT WHAT IS Happening
    Last edited by Chipper1875; 22-02-2024 at 07:26 PM.

Debt stands at around £7 million, with around £5 million of that the funding of losses that is owed to the Gordon family.

“As supporters now know, the Gordon family is swapping its £5 million debt for shares, which is a really generous gesture, and the Club will be left with less than £2 million of Covid relief debt from the Government, which has zero interest and is repayable over 20 years. Financially we’re in a good place.”

THAT IS WHAT l LIFTED FROM THE EDINBURGH INQUIRY ARTICLE. THE FIVE MILLION IS AT ODDS WITH THE OFFICAL AGM PAPERS. THIS REINFORCES POINTS l WAS MAKING. AND l WAS TOLD JOIN DOTS aAND READ PRESS ARTICLES TO FIND OUT WHAT IS Happening
    What that tells me is that the Gordons have gone from having £5m that they could call in at any time at Hibs' expense to having £5m that they can't touch unless they sell their shares which won't cost Hibs a penny. Even then how much they get depends on how successful we are so it's in their interests to have a successful team.

So it looks like a good deal to me.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

[QUOTE=Chipper1875;7592905]

It isn't. That's what is in the AGM papers. Resolution 4.

You seem to be suggesting that the Covid loan is the fault of the Board. Are you?

Your point about the loan "funding the losses" is not wholly correct, either. Page 13 of the accounts shows us what the loan funded. In round terms, £4.8m of infrastructure.

And no need to shout
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 22-02-2024 at 07:40 PM.

[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;7592912]

It isn't. That's what is in the AGM papers. Resolution 4.

You seem to be suggesting that the Covid loan is the fault of the Board. Are you?

Your point about the loan "funding the losses" is not wholly correct, either. Page 13 of the accounts shows us what the loan funded. In round terms, £4.8m of infrastructure.

And no need to shout
    FFS lm suggesting nothing. All
    I did was copy and pasted the article . You questioned the £7m figure and said £5.7 debt for equity figure.

[QUOTE=Chipper1875;7592915]

FFS lm suggesting nothing. All
    I did was copy and pasted the article . You questioned the £7m figure and said £5.7 debt for equity figure.
    The reason I queried it was because you suggested it was the Board's fault for running up £7m of debt. While you may have a point about the £5m, blame can't be laid on them for the Covid loan.

Any thoughts about my other points?

[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;7592917]

The reason I queried it was because you suggested it was the Board's fault for running up £7m of debt. While you may have a point about the £5m, blame can't be laid on them for the Covid loan.

Any thoughts about my other points?
    The board are responsible for the debt. Nobody else can be responsible. Re covid loan they decided to take that loan . Interest free so can see the attraction of it .

[QUOTE=Chipper1875;7592918]
    The board are responsible for the debt. Nobody else can be responsible. Re covid loan they decided to take that loan . Interest free so can see the attraction of it .
    Do you accept that the loan wasn't primarily to fund losses?

And that the AGM papers have the correct amount?

[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;7592919]

Do you accept that the loan wasn't primarily to fund losses?

And that the AGM papers have the correct amount?
    I’m not following you . I’ve just copy and pasted the interview with Ben . These are his words . You’d hope AGM figures are correct.

Could somebody fix the quotes please, this is confusing.

I’m not following you . I’ve just copy and pasted the interview with Ben . These are his words . You’d hope AGM figures are correct.
    His words are the same as the AGM papers.

His words are the same as the AGM papers.
    Where did your £5.7m figure come from eg debt for equity swap

Where did your £5.7m figure come from eg debt for equity swap
    Resolution 4 on Page 4, at the bottom.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    What that tells me is that the Gordons have gone from having £5m that they could call in at any time at Hibs' expense to having £5m that they can't touch unless they sell their shares which won't cost Hibs a penny. Even then how much they get depends on how successful we are so it's in their interests to have a successful team.

So it looks like a good deal to me.
    It’s not necessarily in their interests to have a good team.

I mean, obviously they want a successful team, but how much does the team play into the value kf the club?

They need to increase the value of the club to get a good return on their investments.

They are increasing the value of the club by taking loans out to improve the infrastructure.

Having a good team on the park doesn’t really matter to the value of the club. Individual players will have a value ofc (and that reflects in the strategy of recent years - buy young and sell big *in theory*) but I’d be surprised if a prospective buyer comes in and says ‘well you have the ground and the training centre, they’re worth £30M. You’ve also got Dylan Vente (for arguments sake) he’s worth £5M. So we’ll give you £35M for the club’.

Vente could break his leg the minute the ink is dry and never get back to scoring 40 goals a season (😉) again.

So I would be surprised if a prospective buyer would look at a successful team on the park as being a factor in the price they would pay.

However, a successful team would improve the ‘brand’ of Hibs - which would increase the value.

So I could be wrong.