hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottom 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's it for me. There were some signs of it today, but overwhelmingly we look like we're playing within ourselves. I don't get what we're trying to do, and ultimately it makes the players looked bad as the majority of our play has such a half arsed nature to it.

I'd have given some leeway in light of the new players coming in, but still chronically little movement and any semblance of good play.

mirroring when Monty came in. Upturn in performances. Gets time to work with the squad we get worse.

new players come in. Upturn in performances, bit longer working with them back to boring laborious pish.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Aye. The player he chose.
    Who is apparently worse than what we already had.
    Or is that point you were making?

We need a settled team

Yet every time we change the Head Coach, we get another player churn

The madness of doing the same thing over and over again.............and expecting a different result

Folk are too hung up on top six. We're unlikely to make it due to us being c*** for the majority of the season.

HOWEVER, the last 3 games have offered me enough to believe Monty needs more time. I think he'll get it provided we continue to perform well from here on in, irrespective of where we finish.

Too many undercovers and jambos on this forum nowadays, next they will be giving us sermons on how to be the perfect Hibs supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    How about those responsible for appointing him?
    Correct.

We’re odds on for 2 bottom6 finishes out of Kensell’s 3 seasons at the club. (Snuck into the top 6 on the final game in the other season!)

A really poorly run club currently and there is nothing but blind optimism that things will improve in the short / medium term.

No - would 100% sack him.

Wouldn’t trust him with another window.

Wanted him to succeeded but not seeing enough.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    We need a settled team

Yet every time we change the Head Coach, we get another player churn

The madness of doing the same thing over and over again.............and expecting a different result
    We’ll have one in the summer regardless though due to loans ending and out of contract players. I want him to succeed but if we fail to make the top 6 he should be gone imo. We sacked Maloney down to that and he had much less to work with than Monty has.

In the course of a "normal" season a draw away to Aberdeen is not a bad result however they have arguably been worse than us this season.

Montgomery has now been in charge for 21 matches with the following record -

Played: 21
    Wins: 5
    Draws: 9
    Defeats: 7

No matter how you dress that up that's a shocking record especially with the squad we have. His job is simple now...top 6 or he should be emptied end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Correct.

We’re odds on for 2 bottom6 finishes out of Kensell’s 3 seasons at the club. (Snuck into the top 6 on the final game in the other season!)

A really poorly run club currently and there is nothing but blind optimism that things will improve in the short / medium term.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Beat them next week then there's eight to play before the split. We play the bottom two sides three times, twice at home! Really needs to be 12 points from the four games.

In answer to the OPs question I don't think I'd give him more time, but I think Hibs will.
    I think you are right.

He should be sacked, but this time Kensell & The Gordons will give him more time. They look complete fools for the managers they have appointed already, but they will do all they can to avoid sacking Montgomery before the season ends.

I reckon Livingston & Ross County are Montgomery's saving grace. There is still a few points gap between us and them. I think they would only panic if it gets to 2 or 3 points away from 11th.

For the way our squad is being managed/coached I have as much an eye on Livingston & Ross County's results as ours just now.
    Last edited by Hibees1973; 17-02-2024 at 04:50 PM.

No league win in 8 is bottom 6 form I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Correct.

Why you having a go at us who are short of sight, we have to be optimistic.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's not all NM's fault, but he must shoulder a huge part of the blame, so my answer is no, he should be on his way if/when we finish bottom 6.

The next manager has to be Mcinnes.

If Dundee beat us next week I think he'll be gone. He's had long enough and been backed in January to see an upturn in results.

If he gets booted he can have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    McInnes should have been appointed. It was obvious then and it's even more clear now.

Absolutely ridiculous decision not to give it to him.
    Hindsight is 20/20 but doesn't mean you're not right. The longer this season goes on, the more obvious it will be.

No chance Hibs would be in this mess if McInness was in charge, but then maybe the folk at Hibs aren't prepared to have their crass decision questioned by someone who actually knows what the hell they're doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Folk are too hung up on top six. We're unlikely to make it due to us being c*** for the majority of the season.

HOWEVER, the last 3 games have offered me enough to believe Monty needs more time. I think he'll get it provided we continue to perform well from here on in, irrespective of where we finish.
    You do realise it costs the club hundreds of thousands playing the pish in the bottom six and makes people more unlikely to renew.

He's done **** all to show he need more time.

Complete apologist post.

Probably finish bottom six but what does it matter. Ben has a nice wee bonus coming his way after coming up with another ingenuous idea for fleecing the fans for more money rather than focusing on producing quality in the playing and coaching staff

If we fail to win next Saturday and then lose at tynecastle he has to go. He seems a nice guy but he's been a huge disappointment and we can't go on not winning in the league forever.

No clean sheet in the league since early December and the defence still looks like a work in progress. Scandalous.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20 but doesn't mean you're not right. The longer this season goes on, the more obvious it will be.

No chance Hibs would be in this mess if McInness was in charge, but then maybe the folk at Hibs aren't prepared to have their crass decision questioned by someone who actually knows what the hell they're doing ?
    I don't think it was hindsight when you can see a clear track record of success at a comparable sized club from McInness over the best part of a decade.

Those who turned their nose up at the suggestion should admit they got it wrong. I won't hold my breath on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Too many undercovers and jambos on this forum nowadays, next they will be giving us sermons on how to be the perfect Hibs supporter.
    The undercover ones are more likely to be the posters that accept this ***** and want it to continue/give the failing management more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    No clean sheet in the league since early December and the defence still looks like a work in progress. Scandalous.
    We’ve actually brought in someone who’s making the defence worse. You couldn’t make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

Yup…I couldn’t see McInnes being in with Kensell’s “programme” either. There’s a massive amount of pride needing swallowed at Easter Road with one poor manager after another being appointed on Kensell’s watch, and a succession of untried players - McInnes wouldn’t wear that either.

I don't think it was hindsight when you can see a clear track record of success at a comparable sized club from McInness over the best part of a decade.

Those who turned their nose up at the suggestion should admit they got it wrong. I won't hold my breath on that though.
    Quite happy to concede I’m not one who has ever had McInness at the top of my list in any of our many ‘new manager’ hunts in recent years… but I think he’d have us in a solid position right now.

McInnes should have been appointed. It was obvious then and it's even more clear now.

Absolutely ridiculous decision not to give it to him.
    If I was told McInnes would definitely take the job in the summer I'd probably opt for that but I've been swayed towards giving Monty more time based on recent form. If he maintains that until the end of the season we can start to believe we're finally heading in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Quite happy to concede I’m not one who has ever had McInness at the top of my list in any of our many ‘new manager’ hunts in recent years… but I think he’d have us in a solid position right now.
    Thats what we thought about Alex Millar a while back but as it turned out one half decent season out of however many, turned out that once a hun always a hun.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    It is criminal that it's even up for debate and we're in this position. Winless in the league since early December is chronic. Is it sackable? I don't know, but if it's not then he needs a helluva good start to the new season or we're in for the same again next year with folk talking about needing new players in and the manager needing time.

What an utter mess to be in again.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesdaft16 View Post
    The undercover ones are more likely to be the posters that accept this ***** and want it to continue/give the failing management more time.
    More likely the ones trying to whip up calls for a sacking in the wake of an improved spell of form ;-)

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    He will get the summer, I don’t know how much I want him to but he will.

I think he can turn it around. The Celtic game gave me a lot of hope for this team and management.

If he left tomorrow though I don’t think I’d be too cut up.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson